Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Okazaki

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Shinji's never been better than okay. He's nuisance value and has a good heart. He recognised his own limitations and promised he'd do better in front of goal this season. He hasn't. Nothing's improved. To compare him to smallish strikers who could be a nightmare to mark like Denis Law, Gary Lineker or Jimmy Greaves the bloke's worse than a non runner.

If he had a good enough touch to make goals or even feed someone else to make goals I'd accept his being a "supplementary" but he's not. He's like the sort of overseas champions I used to play at squash. Nothing better than ordinary compared to the real experts like Jonah Barrington, the Pathans Jehengir Khan or Qamar Zaman, Australian Geoff Hunt or Egyptian geniuses like Ahmed Safwat. .

Would Shinji get into Millwall's team or even Lincoln's? I'd be surprised with his technique. I've lived in hope with him because no-one could fault his attitude. But he's way short of what we need.      

About Shinji I'm afraid you are right, he just isn't a PL level striker atm. But you don't need another 15-20 goals striker if you already have 2 that can score that and more with the right service. That was my point.

He's awful footballer. I don't wanna single him out as the whole team are bad. But he truly is a dreadful footballer. Can't shoot, can't pass and spends most of the time on his arse. Zero goal threat and zero assists. If it's all about work rate then might as well bring Iain Hume back and stick him up there.

He shouldn't anywhere near our starting line up.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

There's only 3 maybe 4 players I would keep next season. 

Chilwell

Gray

Ndidi

Schmeichel

The rest of them I wouldn't be one bit bothered about them going. Though I doubt anyone would want the over paid lazy bunch of crap mercenaries.

Add in Lawrence , James possibly Barnes and Drinkwater (2016) and we might have a shout of not exiting straight through the championship into League 1 - a lot of costly rubbish to unload at a big loss though 

Ok so shinji can't stand up, he's not fast, couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo, can't pass, isn't great in the air, controls it further than many can pass, dives a bit, can't tackle, isn't a great dribbler, but other than that he's a top top player. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Ok so shinji can't stand up, he's not fast, couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo, can't pass, isn't great in the air, controls it further than many can pass, dives a bit, can't tackle, isn't a great dribbler, but other than that he's a top top player. 

His hair's rubbish too 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

Just seen the miss on the highlights...

One of the worst I've ever seen from a Leicester player really. Just how has he not simply lashed it in.

Good job it wasn't Slimani or a few on here would be burning his house down right now. It's lovable Shinji though so nevermind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Not having people slating him. Yes he is a poor excuse for a "striker" but after least he gives his all which can't be said about everyone. For me lacking ability will never be the same as bone idleness.

What's next, Albrighton>mahrez. Musa is not lazy but he was/is getting slated. 

36 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Chilwell

Gray

Ndidi

Schmeichel

The rest of them I wouldn't be one bit bothered about them going. Though I doubt anyone would want the over paid lazy bunch of crap mercenaries.

Well that's the players who won't be there next year.

12 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I've seen less poo in my toilet. Not just Shinji though, the quality of football from the likes of Musa and Mendy is beyond a joke for what we paid for them. Utter poo poo smelly bob poo with sweetcorn in. 

Musa and Mendy have been very poor, but we weren't sure what we were getting. Okaz we all thought was a decent footballer, but he's had a football lobotomy in the close season. He's become worse than terrible. WTF??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

About Shinji I'm afraid you are right, he just isn't a PL level striker atm. But you don't need another 15-20 goals striker if you already have 2 that can score that and more with the right service. That was my point.

But:

Are you sure Slim and Vardy will  be playing for us next season?

Even in the unlikely more than one of them remains in our plans, I'd rather cash em both in - plus Mahrez as well - and build solidly again for the future.

Without prima donna payments,  with the best we can produce from a revitalised  Academy and with skillful, ambitious, wholehearted, mostly British-based players who don't need a season or more to settle in and don't disappear to the AFCON Cup in mid season.          

Yes, there might be exceptions but they would be exceptional footballers like Kante. Even then, I'd buy them to trade them because I'd never assume they'd want to stay longer than a season or two and contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on for anyone but the player.   

46 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Chilwell

Gray

Ndidi

Schmeichel

Benny? I thought he's looked solid when he's played, a real ball player

This game was getting frustrating by the minute.

musa just blasting it from distance with no aim I could just sense no one was going to score.

so when shinjy is given the one golden opportunity to simply tap the ball into the goal he fluffs it & my blood just boiled.  If he's capable of anything it's to put away absolute sitters and he can't even do that now.  We simply have no excuses left now.

what a sad sad sorry bunch of players we have.