Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Okazaki

2 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

Complete bullshit. He was integral to the team that won last year. Granted, he along with a few other players hasn't been any good this season but that doesn't take anything away from his achievements last season.

Remember that goal he scored against Newcastle? Was that "dog shit"?

He wasn't dog shit but let's not pretending he was anything special. 

5 goals and 0 assists playing behind a 25 goal striker in a team that won the league by 10 points. Yeah, nice goals against Newcastle and West Ham but put any decent hard working number 10 in that side and he'd work just as hard as Okazaki but contribute to more goals and assists. 

Only Leicester fans judge their number 10/second striker by how hard he works and nothing else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

He wasn't dog shit but let's not pretending he was anything special. 

5 goals and 0 assists playing behind a 25 goal striker in a team that won the league by 10 points. Yeah, nice goals against Newcastle and West Ham but put any decent hard working number 10 in that side and he'd work just as hard as Okazaki but contribute to more goals and assists. 

Only Leicester fans judge their number 10/second striker by how hard he works and nothing else.

I'm not saying he's anything special, but his role in the team last year was vital. And that goal against Newcastle was absolutely crucial in maintaining our momentum towards the title.

He's been ****ing infuriating to watch this season. Falling over every two seconds like he's Bambi. And his lack of ruthlessness cost us yesterday. 

15 hours ago, Thracian said:

Shinji's never been better than okay. He's nuisance value and has a good heart. He recognised his own limitations and promised he'd do better in front of goal this season. He hasn't. Nothing's improved. To compare him to smallish strikers who could be a nightmare to mark like Denis Law, Gary Lineker or Jimmy Greaves the bloke's worse than a non runner.

If he had a good enough touch to make goals or even feed someone else to make goals I'd accept his being a "supplementary" but he's not. He's like the sort of overseas champions I used to play at squash. Nothing better than ordinary compared to the real experts like Jonah Barrington, the Pathans Jehengir Khan or Qamar Zaman, Australian Geoff Hunt or Egyptian geniuses like Ahmed Safwat. .

Would Shinji get into Millwall's team or even Lincoln's? I'd be surprised with his technique. I've lived in hope with him because no-one could fault his attitude. But he's way short of what we need.      

Rhetoric question - of course he wouldn't. Neither team can afford him and neither team would want to chase after a soon-to-be 31-year old centre-forward who tends to tumble more often than he shoots on goal each game.

it's not just 1 player, is the whole team, as a team we are everything that we not from last season.

Vardy was a 25 goal a season man last year, now he is a man that hasn't scored in 25 of the 26 games he played in and hasn't contributed anything at all and his work rate has gone down the pan, let's not talk about Musa because his touch is terrible for a professional footballer, Mendy can't lass the ball for a player who suppose to have a high pass rate completion, Gray is scared of getting hurt, despite his height he doesn't win a single header, if he was brave yesterday and not think about getting clatter by the keeper we would of scored of won a penalty, drinkwater playing like drinkvodka, chillwell had as bad a game as huth and Morgan yesterday, mahrez hasn't scored from open play this season, the list goes on.... okazaki been shite no doubt but I still see the work rate and his still put his head in where it hurts, as long a player tries I can't complain, Ranieri got it wrong yesterday , wague got injured why put another defender on when they gone down to ten? we should have gone for the jugular, game was crying out for mahrez to stretch them and with gaps opening up, he is the only player with some sort of creativity on the team

• 4 weeks later...

I have given him alot of critisism this season but since Shakespeare has taken over he has been revitalised. Staying on his feet, dribbling, linking up play and his touch has improved as shown for Albrightons goal yesterday killed it dead. Don't think I need to mention his workrate which is always there. His problem in his leicester career has been consistency. Lets hope he can keep it up as I can't see him losing his spot at the moment, vast contrast to a month ago when I said Kapustka should be given a start over him.

• 9 months later...

Had a very good game today, although he should have scored early doors.

I think Shinji has improved the most out of any player this season, his passing on the floor is very good now and he links Mahrez and Vary superbly. He is a nuisance, makes a lot of challenges and can hold up the ball very well. Unlucky to be substituted, he was only taken off because of the red card.

Genuinely one of the most underrated players in the league along with Marc Albrighton.

• Like 1

About time people started to rate him.  It's true his Shinjitsu is very strong this season but imo it was never weak. That said I'm a tad disappointed neither him nor Vards scored.. How did that ball didnt end in the Chelski net?? Surely he'll bag something next game the samurai

13 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I am very impressed with him, and the shifts he puts in. Not the greatest of players, but he has the hunger, and with luck, should have scored more often.

You look at the money spent trying to replace him, he might be one of the most expensive players in the Premier League.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You look at the money spent trying to replace him, he might be one of the most expensive players in the Premier League.

Exactly. Finding someone better at what he does, that compliments Vardy as well as he does would be hard! 

• Like 1

Yes he's like a terrier and he falls over blah blah but his greatest work when we are on the break is the way he makes runs and gets into positions that draws defenders to him which creates space for others who can either drift or run full pelt into the box. Its not a coincidence that Vardy scores more goals when Shinji plays with him.

3 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

He brings energy to the team. Valuable player imo.  

Nail on head. Energy in a team is extremely valuable. You can have decent players but without that spark go nowhere. Look at England in the last few tournaments. Beaten or drawing with, on paper inferior teams but teams that are playing like their lives depended on it. Up until the goal against Fleetwood we were flat. Iborra and Silva (Silva is getting better every minute on the pitch mind) in the middle with Nacho as a 10. There was no energy until we scored through the middle. Iborra is great at what he does but I don't think he's that ''sparky'' kind of player. Silva may well be. Nacho not convinced as a 10 but he is definitely a good 9. The only player that can link midfield and attack with energy that we have is Shinji. He's going to be very hard to replace.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Exactly. Finding someone better at what he does, that compliments Vardy as well as he does would be hard! 

It's finding someone better that would come to us that's the problem. There are players out there that could hit the ground running (poor pun intended) but realistically we couldn't sign them. Unless we find someone young (Puel seems to be great at that) or fork out 50m+ and a huge amount of wages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

It's finding someone better that would come to us that's the problem. There are players out there that could hit the ground running (poor pun intended) but realistically we couldn't sign them. Unless we find someone young (Puel seems to be great at that) or fork out 50m+ and a huge amount of wages.

Yeah, I didn’t say that but it was what I meant as well. Very hard to do, agree completely.

• Like 1