Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

this side to play.

kasper

ben           wes          armanty

mendy

ndidi                drinkwater

mahraz                                               gray

slimani       vardy

think we could win with this side and formation.      

9 hours ago, bpfox said:

this side to play.

kasper

mendy

slimani       vardy

Mahrez and Gray as wing backs! That side would be wildly buggered.

3-5-2 may be a solution to our central defensive problems. It worked in 2015 and I'm not sure we can discount it now on the basis of Ranieri's recent failed experiments, because some sources suggest we hadn't trained sufficiently to play the formation. If Claudio considered it to be a solution, he should have prepared us for it, and stuck with it for a game or two.

The back three you've suggested could work, but you need proper wing backs. Albrighton has experience on the right, and Amartey may be an alternative. On the left it'd be either Chilwell or Fuchs, both of which have played the role, and have shown better attacking than defensive qualities this season.

I have no idea why anyone would want to play Mendy either. The guy could well be a genius, but he's yet to demonstrate what he offers for us. In fact, he's looked well short of PL standard. I suspect Andy King would be higher up the pecking order right now. Of course Mahrez once played the attacking role in the central midfield unit, in a 3-5-2. Perhaps that's under consideration.

>>  3-5-2 may be a solution to our central defensive problems. It worked in 2015 and I'm not sure we can discount it now on the basis of Ranieri's recent failed experiments

it worked in 2015/16 because you got kante doing the work of 3 guys & Morgan/Huth un-leaden legs.

9 hours ago, erlee said:

>>  3-5-2 may be a solution to our central defensive problems. It worked in 2015 and I'm not sure we can discount it now on the basis of Ranieri's recent failed experiments

it worked in 2015/16 because you got kante doing the work of 3 guys & Morgan/Huth un-leaden legs.

We didn't play it with Kante. We played it in 2014-15, with Cambiasso, not 2015-16.

Think we need to pressure them up high. It's clear our back line is our weakest link to which I'd like to see the strongest 5 cover the middle and leave just 3 at the back. 3 if we have them that can move a ball without looking scared to death with the ball at their feet.

2 hours ago, bpfox said:

this side to play.

kasper

mendy

slimani       vardy

As much as I like this formation, it is suicide against a team like Liverpool. Mendy is not good enough, Ndidi incredibly promising but still having to improve his positioning, Amartey ain't a full back and Wes is shit. We'll be demolished if we play 3-5-2.

4-5-1 all the way. Park the fvcking bus. 

19 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

As much as I like this formation, it is suicide against a team like Liverpool. Mendy is not good enough, Ndidi incredibly promising but still having to improve his positioning, Amartey ain't a full back and Wes is shit. We'll be demolished if we play 3-5-2.

4-5-1 all the way. Park the fvcking bus. 

3-5-2 with a high line defence.. lol

what can go wrong?

what-could-possibly-go-wrong_c_5802169.j

4 hours ago, bpfox said:

this side to play.

kasper

mendy

slimani       vardy

Who's this Armanty guy? Hope he's a #baller. 

I still think shakey will be considering 3-5-2, especially against Liverpool who don't play with natural width and use their full backs for that purpose. They are also one of the teams who don't  have a strong holding midfield physical presence which would allow Riyad to play as the attacking midfielder 

potentially

kasper                             fuchs/chillers

Benny.              Ndidi.                           Vards

Wes.                 Drinks.       Riyad.       Slim/leo

Huth.                albrighton

You might call it 3-4-1-2 but Riyad in that hole will occupy their holding midfielders and negate their numerical advantage in that area which always screws us. Benny as the extra CB is more comfortable on the ball than the other two and can bring it out with the security behind him. You could sub in amartey for benny if you wanted. I doubt shakey would be brave enough to drop Wes or huth in this formation. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I still think shakey will be considering 3-5-2, especially against Liverpool who don't play with natural width and use their full backs for that purpose. They are also one of the teams who don't  have a strong holding midfield physical presence which would allow Riyad to play as the attacking midfielder 

potentially

kasper                             fuchs/chillers

Benny.              Ndidi.                           Vards

Wes.                 Drinks.       Riyad.       Slim/leo

Huth.                albrighton

You might call it 3-4-1-2 but Riyad in that hole will occupy their holding midfielders and negate their numerical advantage in that area which always screws us. Benny as the extra CB is more comfortable on the ball than the other two and can bring it out with the security behind him. 

But Leo is still err.. 'injured' isn't he? Unless the management change brings a miraculous recovery perhaps. 

43 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

But Leo is still err.. 'injured' isn't he? Unless the management change brings a miraculous recovery perhaps. 

Leo was probably never "injured" but just happy to pick up vast wages whilst he slagged the boss off. 

Still fresh start and I'm sure one or two will "suddenly" find their form again

If the players turn up for this and give it the beans, I wonder if people will scold them for not doing it under Ranieri or if they'll say it was clearly the right choice to sack him as he was holding them back.

Excited about a game for the first time in a while too, need a performance

15 minutes ago, Goober said:

If the players turn up for this and give it the beans, I wonder if people will scold them for not doing it under Ranieri or if they'll say it was clearly the right choice to sack him as he was holding them back.

Well the easy answer for them is to say they weren't being hampered in a system and instructions they couldn't adapt to. On a side note, not many smiles on the training pitch photos so we could now get a bunch of players who are not only disinterested but depressed as well.

7 hours ago, Goober said:

It will just prove what turn coats they are but who gives a shit as long as we stay up

otherwise we sacked King Claudio for nothing, that would be unacceptable 

Just play with Fuchs as a LB and Ben as the LW but doing more defensive work to try and stop manè. mahrez as the RW, vardy as the striker and gray as the CAM with n'didi and drinky as the CMs, and maybe, just maybe give Benny a go.(get slim on half time if vardy go missing"

Archived