Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

I expect it will be a 4-4-2 with the usual suspects but some key tactical tweaks... like allowing players to press as a unit.

A jerky change to something completely different is unlikely to be helpful. The key for me is getting our defensive line up, it's been too passive / deep.

24 minutes ago, Jonno84 said:

Not to sure about this game its gonna take a great couch to turn this wacky team around.

I don't think we should expect too much in this match. Most of the hoofball comes from Huth, Morgan, and to some extent Simpson, Albrighton, and even Drinkwater. I suspect that most if not all of them will be in the selected.

At least that's the view from where I'm sitting.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Some rumours on twitter that Henderson is out. And they also expect lovren to be missing which could mean Lucas deputising. 

Lucas was in when they spanked us 4-1 at Anfield, don't get too excited.

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

Now CR has gone, I think Gray will get a start, I am not sure who will start up front with Vardy, probably Okazaki. What's the latest on Slimani?

KS

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Drinkwater Gray

Vardy Okazaki

Scenes when it's Ulloa lol

Interesting article in the Times this morning.  Highlighting that this season where Liverpool have had 7 or more days between matches they are unbeaten.  Played 10, Won 7 and drew 3.  Klopp will have them well drilled and I expect a really tough game - a draw would be a good result

2 minutes ago, daverollo said:

Interesting article in the Times this morning.  Highlighting that this season where Liverpool have had 7 or more days between matches they are unbeaten.  Played 10, Won 7 and drew 3.  Klopp will have them well drilled and I expect a really tough game - a draw would be a good result

We've been lucky enough to have no distractions either.....:unsure:

2 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Whos the ref?

One selected by Liverpool, apparently the original ref for this (not a Liverpool good luck charm) has cried off sick a couple of days ago.....reminds me of Spurs last season.

I'm not expecting a win, or even a draw - but I am hoping we see an improved performance overall, and hunger and desire from the players that's been lacking so far this season.

I'll go for 1-2 to Liverpool. If, and it's a big if, we were to win tonight though, can you imagine what a massive boost that would be? Yes, it might show the whole situation with Ranieri in an even worse light, but getting three points would be so worth it.

Come on lads!

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Now CR has gone, I think Gray will get a start, I am not sure who will start up front with Vardy, probably Okazaki. What's the latest on Slimani?

KS

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Drinkwater Gray

Vardy Okazaki

Looks a decent time apart from my edits......

Lets go for the you score 3 we score 4 approach

Archived