Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

50 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I would be suprised if there isn't a "Ranieri" chant at the game?

Given the stories of unrest, coaching splits etc, and crucially the circumstances we're in, a show of support for the owners and team would be more appropriate.

9 hours ago, Livid said:

That's it for me.

We play as we have been and I'll be thinking "there you go, you got rid of the greatest manager this club ever had and you're still crap" or we improve and "well well well what rock have you been hiding that under for the last six months"

I feel very negative towards our players at the moment.

So, preform and you will be slated. Don't preform, and you will be slated. That's the spirit!!. I think they will be happy to hear the fans think of them like that.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

So, preform and you will be slated. Don't preform, and you will be slated. That's the spirit!!. I think they will be happy to hear the fans think of them like that.

I do think of them like that, their performances, lack of application and general attitude over the last six months have led to a humble, honest, likeable man, not to mention the greatest manager in the history of this club losing his job.

So forgive me if I can't get behind the lads because right now I think the lads are a bunch of *****!

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Dont think one goal changes things for Vardy. He is still a one trick pony that every prem team can pocket.

Slim must start instead. Do the right thing Shakey and Stowell. I'm not sure both of them have a clue tbh.

I would give vardy the first half for two reasons. 1- he looked sharp in is champions league and 2- slimani is coming back from an injury.

Same old team the only thing that will change will be the players attitude, but we'll still let 3 in against Liverpool. Can't see us opening up the goals for in 2017 column either. We really need a "new broom" coming in that hasn't had players whispering snide remarks in his ear that will revert to the "playing for Claudio mentality" if things aren't exactly how they want them. We are in a horrible place at the moment, and as much as I like CS I don't believe he is even a good short term solution (would be very happy to be proven wrong though).

1 minute ago, Livid said:

I do think of them like that, their performances, lack of application and general attitude over the last six months have led to a humble, honest, likeable man, not to mention the greatest manager in the history of this club losing his job.

You don't really know if he is like that with the players. I know nice, kind and friendly people that are a nightmare to work with so, who knows?

Yeah, like Claudio did nothing wrong. The club will pay him a compensation and he will take another job or retire a rich man. 

If you are gonna be sad about someone, be sad about the poor person that paid his hard earned money to be stuck in the middle of a power struggle.

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

You don't really know if he is like that with the players. I know nice, kind and friendly people that are a nightmare to work with so, who knows?

Yeah, like Claudio did nothing wrong. The club will pay him a compensation and he will take another job or retire a rich man. 

If you are gonna be sad about someone, be sad about the poor person that paid his hard earned money to be stuck in the middle of a power struggle.

A CV covering 30 Years managing Europe's top sides and you think he could be a nightmare to work with ?, I won't even get into whether he needs the money.

I'll give you Ray Wilkins, he doesn't like Claudio, but then that's because Claudio had the good sense to have him out the door on his first day at Chelsea.

I've never heard anyone else say a bad word about him. I've read Hail Claudio by Gabriele Marcotti and his autobiography from his time at Chelsea and yes there's been ups and downs with players and managers. he's made mistakes, including some here, and he has held his hands up to them, he kept his head held high when Ambramovich was working on getting his replacement line up at Chelsea.

He's a far better man than the backstabbing prima donna's who've thrown their rattle out of the pram.

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

A CV covering 30 Years managing Europe's top sides and you think he could be a nightmare to work with ?, I won't even get into whether he needs the money.

I'll give you Ray Wilkins, he doesn't like Claudio, but then that's because Claudio had the good sense to have him out the door on his first day at Chelsea.

I've never heard anyone else say a bad word about him. I've read Hail Claudio by Gabriele Marcotti and his autobiography from his time at Chelsea and yes there's been ups and downs with players and managers. he's made mistakes, including some here, and he has held his hands up to them, he kept his head held high when Ambramovich was working on getting his replacement line up at Chelsea.

He's a far better man than the backstabbing prima donna's who've thrown their rattle out of the pram.

The time spent as a coach has nothing to do with him being a nightmare to work with. If you are good then you are good enough for a job

Again, I didn't say he had an attitude problem. All I said is, who knows?

So, you don't have a problem with calling the players "backstabbing prima donna's" without a credible source but you refuse to believe that Claudio could have some skeletons under the bed

This will go one of two ways, either the players will be highly motivated and be at it from the start putting in a strong performance that will grab at least a point, hopefully three, or they'll labour on as they have been and be soundly beaten, with fans of other clubs up and down the country sniggering away in delight - not that that bothers me in the slightest.

I don't think Shakey will be brave enought for wholesale changes, something along the lines of

Kapser

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinky

P'Diddi

Gray

Vardy

Slimani (if fit)

Personally I'd like to see Benny instead of Huth, if only for the composure on the ball, distribution and slightly more pace.  Mane is their danger man and will tear whoever we have at left back a new one, not sure that would be a great experience for Chilwell, but he is the future and I'd be tempted to throw him in for the next few games to see if he can shape up and genuinely replace Fuchs who has been mediocre to say the least this season.

I'd also like to see Kaputska given some more game time, ideally at the expense of Albrighten who is really our poor mans version of James Milner.  At least Kappy has better technique and distribution and is more likely to be able to pick a pass to open things up for our forwards to latch onto.

SPARK!!

If we don't have one from the players after this whole shit storm and them taking the brunt of the criticism for Claudio's sacking, then we never will.

Shakespeare is obviously a very popular character and I'm hoping tactically, the player's will be let of the leash and just allowed to press and be aggressive.

Loved how Shakespeare said we want the 3 points, not your typical placid response of "try to get positive result".. i.e a draw would be good.

Liverpool are a vastly better team than us and they will run us ragged, but lets get in their faces and play with aggression again!

Excited to see a response and if we do win, I can imagine a lot of pundits being silenced over Claudio, much like they now accept sacking Mourinho from Chelsea was a good decision.

I think we would have lost this game with Ranieri in charge and I still think we'll lose, we can't read too much from the result.

If it's true that Shakespeare and Ranieri weren't getting on then surely Shakey will have ideas of his own on how to fix some of our issues, hopefully we'll see more effort and a changed side. 

The players deserve some boos and anger vented at them on Monday night. They have been the shambles here not Ranieri.

I plan to let it all out early in the game Monday then get fully behind the team after. These players are not getting away without an earful of anger first. Snakes. 

Archived