Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Has Claudio ever tried King alongside Vardy?

No he hasn't - not sure it'd work as Kingy's best season for us was as a box to box midfielder. He's played Drinky there a couple of times but I don't see the point in risking a totally different player in that position in Shakey's first game in charge.

I know what we've done this season has not worked but I reckon it'll either be 4-4-1-1 (as per last year) or 3-5-2 (as per the great escape). I just hope the change is in approach rather than formation. Doesn't take a genius to figure out we've played our best this season when we've pressed more. 

This could potentially be one of the most interesting games and stadium atmosphere's in a very very long time. Given the recent shit, I'm hugely excited for it. Win or play out of our skins, great. Lose with a whimper and there will be some excellent car crash television. 

Just now, brucey said:

not when we're in a relegation scrap

Indeed, but we need to start somewhere, imo, a good performance, will be the platform, the results will definitely follow.  Rather then a fluke win with a shit performance and we continue to perform shit and lose.   But I see your point, a win will give us the platform to build confidence, but me, I believe the performance is just as important

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

not when we're in a relegation scrap

Why ? Liverpool are a good side if we lose to them and give them a good game there is no harm in it,  its one game against a very good side if we lose cause we just roll over that's a Completely different matter 

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Why ? Liverpool are a good side if we lose to them and give them a good game there is no harm in it,  its one game against a very good side if we lose cause we just roll over that's a Completely different matter 

i meant results are more important than performances?

as in 3 points playing like shite > 0 points playing beautiful football

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

i meant results are more important than performances?

as in 3 points playing like shite > 0 points playing beautiful football

Don't get me wrong I'd take 3 points all day long but if we lose it's the manner in how we lose is the key factor roll over and lose or give it all and lose 

I want 3 points on Monday.

Don't really care about the performance.

We can play totally crap and get a goal that Wasnt meant to be a goal, the ref could have a crap game and Liverpool can have 90% of the ball. I don't care, just want the 3 points on Monday and 3 points against Hull. 

We desperately need the points at this stage to breed some confidence.

I don't care if we only have 10% possession and fluke a 1-0 win with a deflection of Wes' fat arse.

I think it will come down to whether the new boss has the balls to pull mahraz , drinkwater and vardy aside and read them the riot act. we cannot have the same level of effort from these 3. also I think he will need to have the defence, simpson and fuch actually mark there players rather than been in huth and wes back pocket, we need to stop crosses and players getting in behind us.  

Vardy, Slim harassing defenders. Mahrez and Gray taking on the full backs. Nidid and Drinky controlling the game in the midfield. Simmo and Fuchs/Chilwell putting in great shifts. And two other plays I fail to remember currently... To dream!

Can't see anything else other than a loss unless Liverpool have an off day. 

No matter who is in charge of us, we still have a painfully slow back 4 and a team so low on confidence.

We're also playing a fresh liverpool team who love to press and play at a high tempo, which will surely make our back 4 even more prone to panicked hoofs!

I expect Liverpool to be too strong for us, but if we can just see a hardworking, brave performance, where we at least try to play on the floor and press like we used to.

Like how Shakespeare is talking about getting 3 points and not just a "positive result"..  Hope we go at them.. but easier said than done when you lack quality and confidence. 

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

No matter who is in charge of us, we still have a painfully slow back 4 and a team so low on confidence.

We're also playing a fresh liverpool team who love to press and play at a high tempo, which will surely make our back 4 even more prone to panicked hoofs!

I expect Liverpool to be too strong for us, but if we can just see a hardworking, brave performance, where we at least try to play on the floor and press like we used to.

Like how Shakespeare is talking about getting 3 points and not just a "positive result"..  Hope we go at them.. but easier said than done when you lack quality and confidence. 

If Shakespeare gets a win surely he gets the job until the end of the season?

Agree about the defence 100%.

When Liverpool are on song they are very difficult to deal with. They have the ability to rip anyone to shreds.

If we can nick an early goal we might have a chance. But it's going to be very hard.

7 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

If Shakespeare gets a win surely he gets the job until the end of the season?

Agree about the defence 100%.

When Liverpool are on song they are very difficult to deal with. They have the ability to rip anyone to shreds.

If we can nick an early goal we might have a chance. But it's going to be very hard.

Think that will depend how far along we are with appointing someone. As soon as I heard about the sacking, I thought it must be because they have someone lined up.

I still have a hunch they do, as did seem a strange time to sack him now. If not though, and we are still very early in our search, then Shakey will likely be given the chance, if we see a big reaction on Monday.

Such a tough ask though, as even if we play well, Liverpool on form are still a match for any team, and we could easily be rolled over with our lack of quality.

Can't see Shakey dropping any of the usual back 4 either. That may have to wait for a new manager with new ideas. 

We have seen stranger things happen though and had much tougher odds... so I'm still clinging to a little hope of a win on Monday! 

Have to change how we bring the ball out from the back. Huth and Morgan cannot be on the pitch together. Just can't see them coping...exposed themselves this year without a strong defensive midfielder breaking up plays in front of them 

Hopefully the players unite as a team and put on a strong performance. What pundits say after is irrelevant. They know as little as us the alleged manager/player issues that have us in this current spot of trouble. 

1 minute ago, biggs said:

Have to change how we bring the ball out from the back. Huth and Morgan cannot be on the pitch together. Just can't see them coping...exposed themselves this year without a strong defensive midfielder breaking up plays in front of them 

Hopefully the players unite as a team and put on a strong performance. What pundits say after is irrelevant. They know as little as us the alleged manager/player issues that have us in this current spot of trouble. 

Mane running at Wes and Huth is a terrifying thought!! :sweating:

29 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Remember both Hull and Swansea changed their managers, only to play Liverpool soon after and win.

Of course, we've been dreadful but nothing to say we can't do it too with the right mentality and game plan

Archived