Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

On 2/23/2017 at 19:12, Jonno84 said:

Feel like we are due a draw would take a massive u turn in form to beat these

A draw would be amazing at this point.

Big question is: would you prefer a nil-nil with the elusive clean sheet, or 1-1, with the equally elusive leicester goal.?

1 minute ago, winchesterton said:

Big question is: would you prefer a nil-nil with the elusive clean sheet, or 1-1, with the equally elusive leicester goal.?

1-1 as long as we score the equaliser and not the first :P

5 minutes ago, maddog said:

More trusted to concentrate on tracking a man than having the football :P and you wouldn't be sacrificing Jeff's 'attacking threat' by giving him a defensive mission. 

Mane is lightning fast, Jeff is lightning fast that's why I'd match them up. I fear Ndidi/Drinkwater won't be able to protect our back four from Mane at all.

Haha - there wasn't much support for Schlupp when we were winning the title, let alone in the months up to his departure when he clearly felt aggrieved and wasn't bothered.

I agree he'd have represented our best chance of stopping him (legally) but I'm open to being surprised tonight, and it will be a surprise and a very pleasant one if Shaky comes up with something that works.

13 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

I'm greedy I want both.

1-0 Best of both worlds :)

4 hours ago, Watson said:

I fancy us to get at least a point tonight,

I agree. The more I sit here at my desk counting down the hours the more excited I am.

I think we're going to get a result tonight. I don't think Liverpool will be up for it. Our players are hurting.

Fancy Huth to put Mane in the stands within the first 10 minutes.

19 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We need to camp on our 18 yard box. Frustrate them. Make them start putting balls in the box. Hopefully both of their full backs push on leaving their two CBs isolated. Pack the midfield. Hull/Swansea and Burnley have all done this a won the game. 

That's kind of my feeling as well. It seems a lot of fans want us to put out an attack-minded starting XI, and just go for it like we did during the great escape. But playing like that will get us killed against Liverpool, in the same way that an end-to-end game allowed Arsenal to shred our defense last year.

There some extraordinarily optimistic team selections around with having Mahrez and Gray on the outside of a midfield four. But i suppose we might just as well go for something like 4-3 or 5-4 as try to pinch a 1-0 or 1-1.   

I say that because if Liverpool go for the jugular from the off, which is what they should do, there's no way our back four will cope with a just Ndidi and  Drinwkwater in central midfield and two of the worst defenders in the club supplementing.

I really wish it would be otherwise because we'd certainly threaten some goals and provide some entertainment.

Ahhhh to hell with it. Llet's do that and have a go. Five-four would be great and far better than endless "nils". Keep it up and we might be thought of as a football club again instead of the club that "killed" Bambi.      

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Hope the board are scrutinizing these team selection posts. I thinks there's new manager potential lurking amoungst them

There's an opening at my local B&Q...........

Improved performance, 1-1

Based on 100% blind faith

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

No chance that Morgan will be dropped - dropping the captain in your first game really sends out the message he was the problem.

On the pitch he has been one of the problems. I do think Shakey will do what he feels is right. After all it's about the result tonight not CR or who if anyone stabbed him in the back.

If the back stabbing did happen I would expect Shakey will have spoken to the players and explained it's over as of now. Anyone that wants to continue it will be out.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The radio Leicester march post on Facebook is good reading. The state of the people in there... my favourite comment so far at the bottom.

IMG_2149.PNG

lollollollol What a moron!

1 minute ago, benpicko said:

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Benalouane - Chilwell

Ndidi - Amartey 

Drinkwater

Mahrez---------------Gray

Vardy

imo

I'd like to see something similar to this. Even if we just change Huth for Benalouane and Fuchs starts

Archived