Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

How about a bit of a leftfield approach. 

4-2-3-1

Kasper, Simpson,  Morgan, huth and Fuchs. 

Ndidi and amartey holding. 

Drinky in the no. 10 role with Gray and mahrez either side, vards up top.

I'd like to see drinkwater further up the pitch.

Amartey and Ndidi can compensate for the lack of pace in the back four.

Drinky closer to vardy= goals.

Come on, something different.

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I hate all the "not trying talk" anyone who had ever worked for someone that is making mistakes, confusing and just not a great man manager will know how much it can drag you down. You might not mean to be under performing, but if things aren't right it can alter everything.

Exactly this, working for someone who doesn't inspire and you have no confidence in their judgement can drag you down subconsciously.

I don't believe the players aren't trying but have understandably switched off a couple of percent because they have no faith in the leadership, its perfectly natural.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How about a bit of a leftfield approach. 

4-2-3-1

Kasper, Simpson,  Morgan, huth and Fuchs. 

Ndidi and amartey holding. 

Drinky in the no. 10 role with Gray and mahrez either side, vards up top.

I'd like to see drinkwater further up the pitch.

Amartey and Ndidi can compensate for the lack of pace in the back four.

Drinky closer to vardy= goals.

Come on, something different.

Been thinking exactly the same.

50 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Hope the board are scrutinizing these team selection posts. I thinks there's new manager potential lurking amoungst them

i didnt even read that sarcastically

I have a bit of a curveball, now last season Vardy earned the right to play up front, both for ourselves and England. This season he's done no such thing (Goal Wednesday aside) 

Would anyone entertain a Vardy Slim Gray/Mahrez trio? 

I'm thinking a Conte style, just in case Shakey does decide to revert to a back 3 a la great escape.

Huth - Amartey - Morgan

Albrighton - Ndidi - Drinky - Chilwell

Vardy - Slim - Gray/Mahrez

An Alternative that would copy the great escape system

Huth - Amartey - Morgan

Albrighton - Ndidi - Drinky - Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy - Slimani

I'd like to see a few changes particularly at the back although I still can't see it happening

schmeichel

simpson Amartey Benny Chilwell

Ndidi      Drinky

mahrez          Kapustka        Gray

Slim (if fit)

Stop Mane, do not give him room to breathe and for fox sake track his runs.

Kind of wish Schlupp was still here I would have got him to use his pace to man mark Mane all match. 

Relying on Ndidi to stop him really, if he gets a run at our back four we are in trouble. 

He's by far their most dangerous attacking player if we can stop him tonight we have a chance to nick a point. 

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

Kind of wish Schlupp was still here I would have got him to use his pace to man mark Mane all match. 

Relying on Ndidi to stop him really, if he gets a run at our back four we are in trouble. 

He's by far their most dangerous attacking player if we can stop him tonight we have a chance to nick a point. 

Yeah, Schlupp would have been the man to concentrate on this role and carry it out to the letter. Sure thing. :unsure:

23 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

When I went home at lunchtime, my 3 year old had his Leicester shirt on. That's a good omen!!

Good to get some early news about team selection.

Owners sending their helicopter to pick him up, I presume.

10 minutes ago, maddog said:

Schulpp on a man marking mission? That would have been some watch, he was barely capable of realising his own position at times.

I don't think we'll see too many changes tonight, sure Shaky will just say to them it's time to prove yourselves, now go do it.

12 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Yeah, Schlupp would have been the man to concentrate on this role and carry it out to the letter. Sure thing. :unsure:

More trusted to concentrate on tracking a man than having the football :P and you wouldn't be sacrificing Jeff's 'attacking threat' by giving him a defensive mission. 

Mane is lightning fast, Jeff is lightning fast that's why I'd match them up. I fear Ndidi/Drinkwater won't be able to protect our back four from Mane at all.

And if our aging slow back four aren't protected we're in deep trouble. Its a shame Kante isn't here I'd put him on Mane all game as my first choice :P

Am I speculating about playing one Chelsea player, or one Crystal Palace player to stop Mane tonight against Leicester!?!? Yes I bloody am. 

Archived