Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

42 minutes ago, hejammy said:

First of all, Thank you Mr Claudio Ranieri, you gave me a season I couldn't have dreamed of in a million lifetime's of supporting this beloved club of mine. You forever Sir will be a Legend.

This decision can only be described as incredibly bitter but a tiny bit sweet.

Oh Claudio, why did you not just resign, leave with your head held high. It's the correct decision executed in the incorrect way.

It's time for the next chapter in our clubs history to begin, please let us fight and be "fearless" 

Finally the club's owners should do the right thing, at the end of the season, no matter what has happened, build that statue.....

i can think of about 12 million reasons

32 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Good decision and club statement has it spot on.    God knows how things have got this bad but I expect us to stay up now.    I even fancy some of the 'terrible' signings might come good as well.

Whoever takes over is going to find it incredibly tough.

I don't expect us to stay up.

But I hope I'm wrong and we do.

16 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Such sad news today. Like losing a member of the family. He deserves  huge gratitude for what he gave us as supporters. Many on here now can feel hopeful that we may yet again have a English manager. To be honest all along I felt many on here would never appreciate him because he wasn't English. Well I will surely miss him and hope we don't find another self centred, arrogant tw*t like Pearson. Someone like him with his personality would only take us back in the eyes of the public. 

Long live Emperor Claudio. Grazi per tutto

I don't care what nationality the manager is. I don't even think about it. Totally irrelevant. I could give even less of a toss what the public thinks of us. Pretty shallow if that bothers you.

All I care about is how well the team does, considering the money available. If we do well in the Championship on a shoestring, I'm happy. If we're being relegated from the PL without even putting up a fight after spending £80m on what was already a title-winning squad, I'm fvcking fed up.

If you're more worried about the manager's personality than his results, then how much of a fan of the club can you really be?

I was always slightlyon the fence re sacking him. If he'd stayed until the end of the season I'd have accepted it, but he could and arguably should have been sacked months ago. I guess I mean I'd have sacked him but I could see why they'd let him stay.

I've heard a lot of opinions re where the club should be, and being told we're where we should now. We're not. We won the league last year, even though it was a freak season, the team finishing top of the pile cannot be so bad the following year that they are staring relegation in the face. I don't think his recruitment built on the success very well, and that just adds fuel to the fire in terms of sacking him tbh.

He seems a genuinely lovely bloke and I'm sad for him, but the owners have to take decisions they think will benefit the club, and we can't go down. Most other clubs in the mire have changed manager, why should Claudio be given an easier ride than Pardew or Phelan, because he won the league? The fact he won it should put him under more scrutiny that we're where we are now.

Some might say it's the players fault, and it probably is, we all feel let down by them, but if he can't get them going we have to bring in someone who can. He's been given ample opportunity to drop the poor performers, and even time to buy replacements, nothing happened. 

So yeah I'm sad for him, but I understand something had to give. Timing is a tad weird though, must have someone lined up. If that showing v Swansea wasn't the final straw, Millwall should have been, so relatively good performance compared to the rest of the season v a good Sevilla shouldn't have been the final straw.

9 hours ago, Peterorange said:

Players lost the plot, they couldn't cope with the psychological aftermath of achieving the impossible last season and the fame and fortune that followed. Its like you won the Euromillions and were told you had to go into work on Monday morning as normal.

Every one of them needed to be sat down with a shrink over the summer to get their heads straight.

No manager could have coped with that bunch of players and the head-f they were dealing with.

So easy for us to sit here and throw poo at all concerned. 

He deserved better.

There's some fair points there. He did deserve better, it was a tough task, the psychological impact of May 2016 was under-estimated. The board didn't necessarily help with the new cars, the delay and disparity with new contracts, the Hollywood pre-season and so on. The players also have a huge responsibility for falling out of shape and no performing, though I'd stop short of pointing fingers, or reading too much into the talk of revolt. I suspect a few players making their concerns heard because they cared about our poor form, and worried that something was seriously wrong, was taken as an out-and-out revolution by the press.

But it doesn't really excuse Ranieri's poor recruitment, and the sorts of lacklustre performances dished up by Hernandez, Musa et al. Nor does it excuse some of the harm we've done to ourself (letting go of one Chief Scout without having replacements lined up, publicly prioritising the CL, setting a low points target, confusing last minute tactical switches etc.).

It was probably the right decision, though it may turn out to be at the wrong time, and we don't know whether the new man will be the right man, of course. But yes, it's the only time I can imagine feeling so much sympathy for a man who's just become 3m better off. I think our chances of staying up may have slightly improved, but obviously it's not a time to celebrate.

christ some need to calm down. Yes it's saad it's come down to this despite how poorly this season has gone but to be saying **** the club and you're ashamed of the club? 

No mans bigger than the club. Thanks Claudio. Hope you get a statue but you had to go.

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

christ some need to calm down. Yes it's saad it's come down to this despite how poorly this season has gone but to be saying **** the club and you're ashamed of the club? 

No mans bigger than the club. Thanks Claudio. Hope you get a statue but you had to go.

Actually had a mate text saying he kind of hopes we go down now!! Madness! I'm a Leicester fan through thick and thin. I'm not a Ranieri fan, or a Pearson fan or a Vardy fan etc I support my club that's the most important thing in all this. Managers and players both great and completely shite come and go, but the club stays and that's what we have to support and the owners have to protect the interests of.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Actually had a mate text saying he kind of hopes we go down now!! Madness! I'm a Leicester fan through thick and thin. I'm not a Ranieri fan, or a Pearson fan or a Vardy fan etc I support my club that's the most important thing in all this. Managers and players both great and completely shite come and go, but the club stay and that's what we have to support and the owners have to protect the interests of.

Exactly. The owners have done enough for me to trust they know what they're doing. Very hypocritical to slate them for sacking Ranieri because of "everything he's done for us". without them we'd probably still be in the championship in a **** ton of debt

Could be one of the sorriest days in the history of the club, but after Swansea and Millwall it did look as though he had lost the dressing room, and had to go,

But if it is really true he had no part in player recruitment shouldn't someone else whose name begins with R walk?

Arguably we don't need a Director of Football until the transfer window opens in the summer so that gives the club plenty of time to find a replacement. 

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. But if players really said they want Pearson back that tells a story. He put foundations down and had ultimate respect. 

HOWEVER it isn't happening and they need to get over it. I hope they who have ousted him don't regret it.

We rekindled the romance of football only to take it out for a matchday pie on the second date. 

If our fate was to go down with Ranieri at the helm, we should've done it with some honour. The team hasn't changed, the players would've shouldered the blame soon enough. 

If all people care about is the long term success of the club, covering it in international disgrace in this way is surely is not part of the plan. 

hate to say this but he deserves it, he had it all a champion team, but he refused to buy the players he needed to keep the team at the top. it may not have all been his fault but the buck stops with him. 

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nice to see playing Musa didn't only bemuse the fans, but also the players lol

Lovely from our lovely 'band of brothers'. Feel a bit bad for Musa. Nice to know the players also don't rate or like him much despite them being shit themselves.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Exactly. The owners have done enough for me to trust they know what they're doing. Very hypocritical to slate them for sacking Ranieri because of "everything he's done for us". without them we'd probably still be in the championship in a **** ton of debt

The argument that he deserved to stay because of what he'd done previously as opposed to sacking him for what he's doing now, is the same idiotic one as playing Rooney for England because he's record goal scorer. I couldn't give a **** what someone did yesterday or last year or over the past decade, if you're not doing it now you deserve to be under pressure of losing your position and if things don't improve you'll rightly lose it. Maybe if Ranieri had followed that rule with his selections he'd still have a job.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nice to see playing Musa didn't only bemuse the fans, but also the players lol

I was thinking it was borderline conspiracy theory last night as he was one of the few who was backing Claudio and Claudio probably rewarded him for it. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Ranieri is a bit of a martyr for the players as unfortunately we can't bin them so they really can't be held accountable for their actions. I'm looking forward to the clear out in the summer. But for now I have to rely on them keeping us up.

Hopefully the club/next manager agrees with most of us that a clear-out is needed if we stay up.

How different it could have been, if we had signed the players we clearly needed in the summer. Keane and Silva for starters. N'didi should have been signed then too.

Look at the players he did sign with Hernandez, Mendy, Musa and Zieler. All have been underwhelming. Not to mention players like Kaputska and Benny, who should have actually been playing!

Hope we eventually find out the full story with these two shambolic transfer windows and who is more to blame. Claudio for players he selected or didn't think we needed; the owners for not stumping up the cash or Rudkin for being awful at getting the deals done!?

Can't underestimate what a huge opportunity was missed in the Summer for recruiting some top players and then not correcting those mistakes, by having a big January window.  

Will be interesting to see how people react if we beat Liverpool on monday, fans and the media alike. Will the fans boo the players for allegedly downing tools under Ranieri or will they cheer and believe the manager was at fault (not saying he has been imo it's a bit of both parties at fault). Will the media on MOTD slate the owners still or give them a bit of leeway? Of course this is all based on us winning which will be suppressing so it's all hypothetical at this stage but what way would people see a win on Monday?

Good riddance. Never rated him that highly as a manager anyway. Chelsea fired their manager midseason after winning the league and it worked out for them. No reason why we can't bring in a few new players and challenge for the title next year. 

Now let's hope Wenger is available this Summer. 

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The argument that he deserved to stay because of what he'd done previously as opposed to sacking him for what he's doing now, is the same idiotic one as playing Rooney for England because he's record goal scorer. I couldn't give a **** what someone did yesterday or last year or over the past decade, if you're not doing it now you deserve to be under pressure of losing your position and if things don't improve you'll rightly lose it. Maybe if Ranieri had followed that rule with his selections he'd still have a job.

Spot on. 

If if it even looked like we might turn a corner I could have been convinced he stayed. But we just got worse and worse

Archived