Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Now then..lets see  about the players characters..

lets see if they  can suddenly find that spark, and dynamicity, that Ranieri was preventing them, or holding them back

with his tactics.Lets see if their individual basic ball control and confidence springs up a level.

which group can clear their minds and use this new chance has a new but balanced beginning.

Lets see who and how they as a team /squad can change over the next 3-4 games their approach that

transfers a confidence to the fans. Its now up to them to grab at that life-line, to show perspective

new clubs, that their potential was suppressed by ex management tactics and team selection.

lets see if the 2 caretakers can now show their way and tactics were always going to be the right way forward.

If there were any riffs within the squad, let them stand up and solve the issue and problems.

Gentlemen, its now in your hands,  because now there is no hiding place, no excuses.

You signed your contracts now earn it, and fight to regain the respect of the fans...TALLY-HO.

Regards.  Bravo exactly. Thank you.  Let us see the Judas lot now

It's football......and if the players couldn't face playing for him anymore, then he had to go....at the end of the day I'm a Leicester city fan, I'll follow this club through thick and thin who ever is at the top....if Claudio had stayed we would have definitely gone down, I don't think you'll find a single person st the club pulling for him bar the owners strangely enough, even the backroom staff on matchdays looked removed from the situation. 

Fingers can be pointed at whoever, but ultimately a change was needed.

2 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

He had a release clause in his contract which meant that he could leave if a club made a high enough offer.

Chelsea did, and the rest is history.

I was being facetious really. 

Potentially, the situation could have been handled differently. By all accounts we only had to accept the highest bid over a given amount. If anything, we should have openly touted him around once the season was over and set the wheels in motion on a bidding war. If China bid and he doesn't want to go. He remains a Leicester plyer. Albeit for a shorter time. 

Kane didn't want to be here, he still gave us 100% though.  

There's ALOT of poison at the club at the moment. 

Ranieri WILL go down as a great manager and a legend. In a few years a statue if him with the trophy may well be apt.

Hes been stabbed in the back by these venomous snakes who were a bunch of has been players or second raters. They all now have a Premier League medal and riches beyond belief. Hope they reap from this what they have down.

For Monday's game,we sing loud and proud....

Ranieri....ohhhhh,Ranieri Ohhhhhh.. He came from Italy............

4 hours ago, Arcs past said:

Good riddance. Never rated him that highly as a manager anyway. Chelsea fired their manager midseason after winning the league and it worked out for them. No reason why we can't bring in a few new players and challenge for the title next year. 

Now let's hope Wenger is available this Summer. 

Wowsers.

lol

No reason why I can't date Rachel Riley, retire next year and live on an island in the Caribbean.

Aim high, eh?

:thumbup:

51 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

No one was complaining about tactics and training last season were they?

Yes we were!!!

About December time, we went from playing aggressive attacking football, to sitting back too far, which we have continued this season. Sure, it can be argued that CR wanted to protect our position in the league, but it was pretty ugly.

It is sad, no doubt about it, and of course I don't agree with the overall circumstances of his sacking, we were ultimately unique in being champions and then seeing what's happened this season. 

Ranieri said we all had to forget about last season, so there we go, his sacking is justified. 

I still stand by he should have been given until the end of the season, but if the player disharmony is correct, it seems fairly obvious it is correct, then his position really is unattainable. 

I'm just loving how people elsewhere are chastising the club for the decision as if this is such a disgrace to the game. It is not all, this is how football works and everybody need to get real. 

What everybody said about Ranieri in June 2015 has come true, so they can cut their hypocrisy right now. 

If Leicester play well against Liverpool and beat Hull and start to make progress, this will all seem irrelevant. 

The backing of Ranieri statement aside, the owners have done the right thing and now need to take control. 

I think we take Chelsea's inspiration and have a big name come in until the end of the season, then have somebody new to start 22nd May. 

Keep the nucleus of the decent players we have, make money on the ones we can afford to leave, clear out the rest, build from there and look forward to getting things back on track. 

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Yes we were!!!

About December time, we went from playing aggressive attacking football, to sitting back too far, which we have continued this season. Sure, it can be argued that CR wanted to protect our position in the league, but it was pretty ugly.

Good lord, if you were complaining last December, God help us now...

A lot of people still convinced it's the players then, just deciding they don't like the gaffer randomly so not playing well.

Heaven forbid the thought that we actually set up poorly tactically and Ranieri wasn't quite sure how to plug the Kanté sized hole in the team. Or Ranieri decided to deviate away from last season's methods and they're not yielding as much success.

How can you, with a straight face, claim Ranieri is the reason we won the league. Then totally absolve of him of any blame for the shambles that is this season?

Noooo, it's the players just deciding they don't fancy playing for Ranieri anymore. Smacks of people picking up tiny little morsels from the media and social media, adding 2+2 and getting 22.

2 hours ago, KP Fox said:

Good bye Claudio and Thank you.  I can quite confidently say you will go down as our most successful manager. No one will ever come close to achieving what you did. You leave  us as champions and we are in the Knock out stages of the champions league. You are indeed a  legend. 

I agree. 

Sad to see him go, but the manager is always the one to get the axe, irrespective of responsibilities in this kind of mess.

Our league record this year is abysmal: Six games, no win, five losses, one draw, ZERO goals scored. Exit in the FA Cup at the hands of a League One team who beat us with a man less on the pitch!

Worst form team for weeks and months, lack of spirit and character, a complete shambles, an implosion of unprecedented dimensions.

Up until last May, I've gotten to like Ranieri a lot and everything fell right into place.

This season, the magic's gone and I don't consider him to be the sole culprit, but he's the main scapegoat and it's easier to sack a manager (and his entourage) than it is to get rid of underperforming and overpaid, lazy and petulant players.

Now then, there's no more excuses. No more hiding behind the "Dilly ding, dilly dong" manager. These players need to stand up and be counted. If they fail to prevent us from relegation, the backlash from the media and the fanbase will be immense and they'll deserve all the scorn they can get.

I don't like to use the word "traitor", but in some ways, as a supporter, I do feel a bit betrayed now.

If you are CEO of Company and one year you make record profits and the next you bring the Company close to Bankruptcy -  you are fired.  This is life. Thank you CR and at least you will not be short of a few lira.   If there are others there that are need to go, then hopefully they will be cleared out sooner rather than later.  The club on the playing side is a shambles including recruitment.  We need to somehow survive, then re-build across the club starting at the academy.

They have done him a favour albeit it is a sad one.

Emotions aside we are on crash course for relegation. I, and i'm sure most sensible city fans believe the team is unfolding and without change relegation is a certainty and with still a possibility.

Win win for Claudio.

We are relegated and he wasn't at the helm at the end so he won't be remembered as the manager that won the league and then relegated, just winning it.

We escape relegation and the club will be thought of as that bunch of bastards that sacked a league manager when their season was turning for the good.

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If you are CEO of Company and one year you make record profits and the next you bring the Company close to Bankruptcy -  you are fired.  This is life. Thank you CR and at least you will not be short of a few lira.   If there are others there that are need to go, then hopefully they will be cleared out sooner rather than later.  The club on the playing side is a shambles including recruitment.  We need to somehow survive, then re-build across the club starting at the academy.

Only problem with your analogy/argument is that Ranieri has made an absolute fortune for the club, by winning the Premier League (last year) and going through to the knockout stages of the Champions League (this year). We are now officially the world's 20th richest club.

Top 20 clubs:

Position (last year's position), team, 2015/16 revenue £m, (2014/15 revenue £m)

• 1 (3) Manchester United 515.3 (395.2)
  • 2 (2) FC Barcelona 463.8 (426.6)
  • 3 (1) Real Madrid 463.8 (439)
  • 4 (5) Bayern Munich 442.7 (360.6)
  • 5 (6) Manchester City 392.6 (352.6)
  • 6 (4) Paris Saint-Germain 389.6 (365.8)
  • 7 (7) Arsenal 350.4 (331.3)
  • 8 (8) Chelsea 334.6 (319.5)
  • 9 (9) Liverpool 302 (298.1)
  • 10 (10) Juventus 255.1 (246.4)
  • 11 (11) Borussia Dortmund 212.3 (213.5)
  • 12 (12) Tottenham Hotspur 209.2 (195.9)
  • 13 (16) Atlético de Madrid 171 (134.4)
  • 14 (13) Schalke 04 167.9 (167.1)
  • 15 (15) AS Roma 163.2 (136.3)
  • 16 (14) AC Milan 160.6 (151.5)
  • 17 (18) FC Zenit St Petersburg 147 (127.7)
  • 18 (na) West Ham United 143.8 (122.4)
  • 19 (20) Internazionale 134 (125.4)
  • 20 (na) Leicester City 128.7 (104.4)

The club's incredible march to become champions of England sees City become one of eight Premier League clubs in the top 20 in the Deloitte Money League for 2015/16 after seeing a 23 per cent (£24.3million) growth in revenue to £128.7m.

That growth was bettered only by Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid.

And with City now into the last 16 of the Champions League, and the increased television deal also to be taken into account, the club are expected to maintain or even better their position next year.

City's revenue last season was also a five-fold increase from 2013/14.

25 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Sad to see him go, but the manager is always the one to get the axe, irrespective of responsibilities in this kind of mess.

Our league record this year is abysmal: Six games, no win, five losses, one draw, ZERO goals scored. Exit in the FA Cup at the hands of a League One team who beat us with a man less on the pitch!

Worst form team for weeks and months, lack of spirit and character, a complete shambles, an implosion of unprecedented dimensions.

Up until last May, I've gotten to like Ranieri a lot and everything fell right into place.

This season, the magic's gone and I don't consider him to be the sole culprit, but he's the main scapegoat and it's easier to sack a manager (and his entourage) than it is to get rid of underperforming and overpaid, lazy and petulant players.

Now then, there's no more excuses. No more hiding behind the "Dilly ding, dilly dong" manager. These players need to stand up and be counted. If they fail to prevent us from relegation, the backlash from the media and the fanbase will be immense and they'll deserve all the scorn they can get.

I don't like to use the word "traitor", but in some ways, as a supporter, I do feel a bit betrayed now.

Hit the nail on the head, awesome post mate  :thumbup:

Archived