Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

Im in bits, i know its not been great and the decision is in good faith but its crushing. I will never forget. I've still not got over pearson properly, this will take longer. Best of luck to him, i really hope he has more sucess. What a charming gent.

17 minutes ago, Lesteban said:

"Stats" meaning possession etc do generally mean sod all. This is points won after sacking managers, and takes into account a decent time period after the sacking. 

Points are fairly fundamental, as stats go. League tables are sort of based on it. 

The stats are based on others and have nothing to do with us or our situation. We were going down, been saying it for months and we've got worse since then.

We probably still will go down, but there is no chance this makes it harder for us when we're so utterly shit already.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Im in bits, i know its not been great and the decision is in good faith but its crushing. I will never forget. I've still not got over pearson properly, this will take longer. Best of luck to him, i really hope he has more sucess. What a charming gent.

hope no parts left over when you get yourself back together :) yes definitely  a charming gent 

It was the correct decision we have been truly shocking for at least three months. There were no signs of improvement at all, we got worse and now can't defend or attack. I just hope the have a good replacement lined up.

Guest bss9401

I believe that the owners made a tough but necessary decision. I will always love the man and hope that he gets a 50 trillion quid a year offer to manage some village side in China. 

53 minutes ago, Lesteban said:

Analysis of 18 seasons of football:

When a sustained performance drop occurs, the statistically optimal decision is to keep the manager. Second best choice is for the manager to depart voluntarily. The statistically worst choice is to sack the manager.

We have made, statistically, the worst decision available. 

Where are these statistics from?

I have got to say I really feel sad now

http://www.football-italia.net/98795/ranieri-didnt-expect-leicester-axe

Claudio Ranieri had absolutely no idea he would be fired by Leicester City tonight, claims an Italian friend of the Coach.

The news was announced with a statement this evening, just nine months after he won the Premier League title in a fairy-tale campaign.

“I have been friends with Claudio for many years and we talked on the phone between the Europa League games tonight,” journalist Massimo Marianella revealed on Sky Sport Italia.

“Only 20 minutes later the announcement came that he’d been fired, but Claudio didn’t expect it at all. It wasn’t even an idea in the back of his mind that the club could do such a thing.

“I am certain he was surprised and I am even more stunned on his behalf for a club to sack a Coach who made a dream into reality, who was crowned Coach of the Year just a few weeks ago.

“The rapport with the team in the locker room was good, I can assure you of

It's all a very sad end, but I think if we're being totally honest - it could've been sadder, and by that I mean it could've ended up in relegation under him this season.

The timing of it is very odd. After losing to the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, West Brom, Sunderland, Burnley, a horribly out of form Southampton and being smacked a few times helplessly, I find it odd that a 2-1 defeat at one of the best home teams in Europe was what tipped them over the edge.

But that if anything suggests to me that it was more than down to what was happening on the pitch. Were there other off-pitch factors that were leading to such problems on the field? I got told a while ago that there was a lot of discontent amongst the squad and that Ranieri wasn't anywhere near as popular with his players as he was seemingly everyone else, and since then I've seen nothing but evidence to back that up - the public bashing (Ulloa, Schlupp, Zieler), the performances, the visual lack of communication.

I think the decision may have been made now because we're actually in a slightly more attractive position now than we were yesterday. As ****ed up as it sounds, we're in a stronger position in the CL than we were two days ago, the majority assumed we would be thumped and now we're in with a genuinely realistic chance of going through.

The decision itself I feel is justified. I'm not criticising Ranieri for not hitting last years heights, as I think that's quite an unrealistic view to take - but we aren't just not hitting them, we are genuinely an awful team. We don't create chances, we don't defend well, we don't keep the ball well, I challenge anyone here to tell me what Leicester's strong points are at the minute, because I couldn't say myself.

Ranieri got it so wrong for me at times this year that it's made me question how important he really was last year. Now he's obviously played his part, but I just cannot get on board with comments like "Ranieri delivered Simpson & Morgan PL winners medals" when it's not only reciprocal, but massively questionable when he has repeatedly failed to get anywhere near the best from them this season. You can blame the players to an extent too and they're far from exempt from criticism, but what do you expect someone like Simpson to do as a full-back in a diamond when he's not an attacking full-back? It's absolutely basic stuff. No-one that tactically astute would make such errors.

It isn't all on Ranieri. The recruitment has been the single worst set of dealings I can remember a club ever making. We have spent absolutely millions and have regressed significantly. We have failed to bring in players to fit any kind of system and have overpaid what we already had. It's a recipe for disaster.

But overall I just feel he did have to go. It's a very sad day for the club, but it was getting so bad that we've been left with little choice. The problem is as I've previously stated I don't have any faith in us picking the right person. I feel we've gotten quite lucky with managerial appointments in the past. They wouldn't have gone near Pearson if he hadn't been at the club before and they wouldn't have gone near Ranieri if he didn't publicly throw his name into the ring. I get the impression that at Leicester it's too often a case of panic and hope for the best. There's very little direction nowadays on the footballing side, and that for me is what we need to address above all.

With a heavy heart, I say, correct decision. Thank you for being a part of the club that made my dreams come true.

3 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

I've never been so angry at a group of players that gave me such joy last season. They have let the bloke down hugely and I'm f%%king livid. 

Ranieri is to blame as much as the players. It's 50/50. You can't credit have with last season and absolve him of blame this season.

Unfortunately it's easier to sack one man then sell 10 players on the cheap and replace with quality.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I can't be the only one loving the fact that everyone hates us now.

I agree. Fk the pundits. Who cares

do what's right for lcfc

which, unfortunately, means a new manager. It's obvious, even though I've been trying to deny it for several weeks 

thank you tinkerman

Its like finding out your favourite Italian  restaurant is closing, but heyho the new Indian and the Chinese,

around the corner, gives you variety...

Then there is always what we have what we know, a good pint and a pkt of scratchings...:D

The betrayal of the players is the most disappointing.

Unless Ranieri's done things unforgivable then I find it difficult to support the betrayal.

If the players turn up in the next few matches and show they were right then fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's all a very sad end, but I think if we're being totally honest - it could've been sadder, and by that I mean it could've ended up in relegation under him this season.

The timing of it is very odd. After losing to the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, West Brom, Sunderland, Burnley, a horribly out of form Southampton and being smacked a few times helplessly, I find it odd that a 2-1 defeat at one of the best home teams in Europe was what tipped them over the edge.

But that if anything suggests to me that it was more than down to what was happening on the pitch. Were there other off-pitch factors that were leading to such problems on the field? I got told a while ago that there was a lot of discontent amongst the squad and that Ranieri wasn't anywhere near as popular with his players as he was seemingly everyone else, and since then I've seen nothing but evidence to back that up - the public bashing (Ulloa, Schlupp, Zieler), the performances, the visual lack of communication.

I think the decision may have been made now because we're actually in a slightly more attractive position now than we were yesterday. As ****ed up as it sounds, we're in a stronger position in the CL than we were two days ago, the majority assumed we would be thumped and now we're in with a genuinely realistic chance of going through.

The decision itself I feel is justified. I'm not criticising Ranieri for not hitting last years heights, as I think that's quite an unrealistic view to take - but we aren't just not hitting them, we are genuinely an awful team. We don't create chances, we don't defend well, we don't keep the ball well, I challenge anyone here to tell me what Leicester's strong points are at the minute, because I couldn't say myself.

Ranieri got it so wrong for me at times this year that it's made me question how important he really was last year. Now he's obviously played his part, but I just cannot get on board with comments like "Ranieri delivered Simpson & Morgan PL winners medals" when it's not only reciprocal, but massively questionable when he has repeatedly failed to get anywhere near the best from them this season. You can blame the players to an extent too and they're far from exempt from criticism, but what do you expect someone like Simpson to do as a full-back in a diamond when he's not an attacking full-back? It's absolutely basic stuff. No-one that tactically astute would make such errors.

It isn't all on Ranieri. The recruitment has been the single worst set of dealings I can remember a club ever making. We have spent absolutely millions and have regressed significantly. We have failed to bring in players to fit any kind of system and have overpaid what we already had. It's a recipe for disaster.

But overall I just feel he did have to go. It's a very sad day for the club, but it was getting so bad that we've been left with little choice. The problem is as I've previously stated I don't have any faith in us picking the right person. I feel we've gotten quite lucky with managerial appointments in the past. They wouldn't have gone near Pearson if he hadn't been at the club before and they wouldn't have gone near Ranieri if he didn't publicly throw his name into the ring. I get the impression that at Leicester it's too often a case of panic and hope for the best. There's very little direction nowadays on the footballing side, and that for me is what we need to address above all.

With a heavy heart, I say, correct decision. Thank you for being a part of the club that made my dreams come true.

Post of posts..!!

Says it all really..

Also, what I hope for at Leicester is something like this. Ironically, it's none other than yesterday's opponents;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/sevilla-monchi-liverpool-europa-league-final

Have a read of that. Obviously we can't get him, but I think we should do absolutely everything we can to look for someone like that to come to the club.

I am gutted, I really wanted him to turn it around but if Ranieri has lost the dressing room and destroyed the team spirit by not listening to the players then it does seem like the right decision.

Also don't turn on the players over this, it is clear something is wrong and if reports are to be believed about Ranieri and the players then he has to take responsibility. He took his title winning players and oversaw their transformation into relegation fodder.

Claudio, thank you so much for last season, it was amazing.

As for the owners they asked us to trust then before and they brought us the title. Now we need to trust them again.

5 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Ranieri is to blame as much as the players. It's 50/50. You can't credit have with last season and absolve him of blame this season.

Unfortunately it's easier to sack one man then sell 10 players on the cheap and replace with quality.

If we had finished 17th last season would he have been sacked? Those players have shit on him, you know it, I know it. Mahrez strolling about, Drinkwater passing backwards, Morgan absolutely dreadful. Claudios downfall was showing loyalty for too long. I sincerely hope his replacement tears into them.

As much as this feels a bit like a death in the family I think it was inevitable . It is not just the results but the all round performances have just been unacceptable . We are close to unwatchable - can't score and defend like a league 2 side. 

The formula of last year - concede possession then counterattack with deadly effect has been replaced with ever lower possession stats and a toothless attack with none of the selfless running that won the league at a canter . whilst we were able to laugh at Spurs obsession with possession stats last year it feels a bit hollow now . We invite opposition sides on to us and they gleefully accept with Wes and the rest of the comic capers defence happy to help . Then our attacks seem to just wait for opponents to make a mistake rather than make things happen for us . 

I don't know how we got to this and feel very sorry but the toxic feel to the club was heading only one way . The players got what they clearly wanted - now get on and get out of this mess or you will deserve the opprobrium that will be heading your way 

After last season's magic, Claudio had truly lost his way this season. This has to be the right decision for the clubs, sad though it is.

Probably best for him in the long run, as he wont get to take us down, something that really looked inevitable with the woeful style of play that has evolved over the last few months and seems to be getting worse.

He will always be remembered as the manager that took us to our highest point, probably forever, and as a thoroughly decent man. I'm sure the club will take good care of him financially, and that he will take this in his stride having lived through many ups and downs in his career.

As for this place, I have to laugh at the crocodile tears being shed. 83% wanted him gone last time I looked at the poll!

I'm actually finding myself feeling very pleased about this. I don't care if that's disloyal. There's suddenly hope in avoiding what was the inevitable slide towards relegation. Maybe we can even give Sevilla a decent game, when deserving in form players start and players understand their instructions. And no more dreary press conferences that contain nothing but empty praise for poor performances.

Archived