Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

2 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Will be interesting to see how people react if we beat Liverpool on monday, fans and the media alike. Will the fans boo the players for allegedly downing tools under Ranieri or will they cheer and believe the manager was at fault (not saying he has been imo it's a bit of both parties at fault). Will the media on MOTD slate the owners still or give them a bit of leeway? Of course this is all based on us winning which will be suppressing so it's all hypothetical at this stage but what way would people see a win on Monday?

If we play half decent Monday that in itself would be a relief. It appears clear a number of the players and the manager were at odds. The blame probably lies with both players and CR resulting in just horrible  football. for us fans. 

We unfortunately  don't know the real story but clearly know the outcome on the pitch. something had to give...good luck to CR but better luck to Leicester 

1 minute ago, Kaewbudda said:

Interesting statistic, I was quite surprised when I came across this.

Ranieri in fifth place, all time.PNG

Me too. Such a shame it has ended like this. If we had just won a handful more games and been clear of the relegation, everything would look so different. We would have a manager we and every other football fan adored, we would be in with a chance of going to the quarter finals of the Champions League and already be planning for a Summer spending spree to sort out our defence! 

A handful of games!!  So frustrating it has all ended like this. Wish Claudio had resigned. Ah well. We can't get much worse, so lets roll the dice and see what the new manager can do!

Piers Morgans on twitter just made it a whole lot easier for me tonight ... he reckons Leicester fans should drive our owners ( ... these disgusting clowns as he calls them) out of our club ! ... well that dickhead can go f@ck himself, clearly a really smart decision by us to turn on the family that financially secured the club, that have shown great class in their handling and public facing of the club and that had the foresight to bring CR into the club in the first instance when everyone else scoffed and had him as the first sacking of the season! 

Yes, clearly no self interest in the knobheads 'public outrage' ... ! Or to quote James May .... Cock!

19 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Genuinely shocked and offended - for the first time about a manager of LCFC. It's like someone close to me has died. Genuinely angry with the Sris and their two-faced 'vote of confidence'. I thought they could have given him some position as an advisor or something. I feel disoriented. This isn't like sacking Hodgson or McClaren or van Gaal - it's almost like turning yer Dad out of the house because he's gone a  bit unreliable.

calm down sunny,, just give it a week plus your safe space & you'll be okay

you really don't want to wake up in the morning when foxes are plying in the championship

5 minutes ago, sly1 said:

Will still go down what's the point 

Cause if we do go down he was never going to get us promoted from the championship,clearly the teams not playing for him so what would be the point to prolong the agony? We have at least a chance now,and the main reason we are where we are is cause this didn't happen sooner!

Now then..lets see  about the players characters..

lets see if they  can suddenly find that spark, and dynamicity, that Ranieri was preventing them, or holding them back

with his tactics.Lets see if their individual basic ball control and confidence springs up a level.

which group can clear their minds and use this new chance has a new but balanced beginning.

Lets see who and how they as a team /squad can change over the next 3-4 games their approach that

transfers a confidence to the fans. Its now up to them to grab at that life-line, to show perspective

new clubs, that their potential was suppressed by ex management tactics and team selection.

lets see if the 2 caretakers can now show their way and tactics were always going to be the right way forward.

If there were any riffs within the squad, let them stand up and solve the issue and problems.

Gentlemen, its now in your hands,  because now there is no hiding place, no excuses.

You signed your contracts now earn it, and fight to regain the respect of the fans...TALLY-HO.

3 hours ago, Peterorange said:

Players lost the plot, they couldn't cope with the psychological aftermath of achieving the impossible last season and the fame and fortune that followed. Its like you won the Euromillions and were told you had to go into work on Monday morning as normal.

Every one of them needed to be sat down with a shrink over the summer to get their heads straight.

No manager could have coped with that bunch of players and the head-f they were dealing with.

So easy for us to sit here and throw poo at all concerned. 

He deserved better.

It's been stated on here that Ranieri dispensed with the services of the club psychologist at the end of the summer. If true, that's a bizarre decision given the "psychological aftermath" that you describe.

Note to Claudio whilst he is trying to figure out why he is gone, picking Musa over Gray was a monumentally dumb move. Not having Armartey and Ndidi sitting in front of Huth and Morgan Tuesday night was just as dumb. No wonder the players and Shakey had had enough. It was a miracle and Kasper who saved us from being four down at half time!! Playing Musa and Mahrez and having them and Vards pressing whilst everyone was sitting deeper was ludicrous. It left acres of space in midfield and so again we were over run. Felt sorry for Ndidi as he was run ragged from side to side. Playing Mahrez and Musa as he did was suicidal. You just cannot play only two  real midfielders against a team with the quality of Sevilla in an away leg. We looked so bad in that first half that I felt like I was watching a train wreck!! I am not surprised to hear Shakey and the players were in revolt. Drinkwater has been awful this season but I have some sympathy for him. Why? Because often when he gets the ball in front of our back four he is always outnumbered 3 to 2 by opposition midfielders. That makes it easy for our opposition to shut down his passing lanes. This is all not rocket science. We have had no cohesive plan from the get go this season. I do not blame the players this season. The players were the ones who won the League last season, not Claudio. Granted he made the defensive changes after the home game wit Arsenal that pulled us together at the back and he handled the press and the growing expectations and kept the pressure off the players in the later stages. All admirable things and he is a true gentleman and we never would have got anywhere near the title with Pearson in charge.

So let's thank Claudio for his contribution to the magical season we had. For me and most everyone on here he will always be beloved. The "Nessum Dorma" moment was pure "class". To attack and trash our wonderful owners over Claudio's sacking is rediculous and totally off base. Claudio was our manager and key to his job is holding the dressing room. He clearly had lost that by late last November. Our owners are good and honorable people and if they are to blame for anything it was not moving to remove him sooner.  I am sad it ended the way it did for Claudio, but now the players and Shakey get the chance to show their mettle and I for one will be rooting for them 150%!!!!!

Here's what I cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around.

A few weeks ago we had the owners send out statements saying they're fully backing Claudio until the end of the season. Fair enough, I'm fine with that.

We lose a few more games, players continually play shit, Ranieri gives the same s**t c**t players match time, keeps faith in them and they continue to play s**t, rinse and repeat.

Two weeks later the players still play somewhat s**t for 60 minutes in the CL against a dominant Seville. We manage to scramble a goal, Vardy doesn't quite celebrate as he normally would, Ranieri is up and about on the touch line and the players on the bench act like we've conceded another goal.

Zieler can f**k off as he was a noticeable one that looked disinterested on the bench after the goal.

We're a goal away from possibly going through to the quarter finals in the CL and we sack the manager 24 hours later.

The owners have lost me. Here's where it gets interesting. We all know the story as to why Pearson was sacked, as shocking it was, it was fair. IF the owners have the balls big enough to bring him back to the Club given all the hypocrisy they're throwing around I think I'll end up not supporting the owners as that shows just how desperate they are to fix things and going back on their word.

This could get either VERY ugly or an absolute master stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any of you have read Izzets book you would see a footballers perspective on something that appears to me to be similar to our situation. 

When Peter Taylor took over the hard work by Sir Martin he reaped the rewards and got a lot of praise, but in truth the players all knew that things werent right. The training wasnt as good, the tactics were confusing and completely opposite to what they were used to.   When I look at what unfolded it all seams like the Peter Taylor days. As much as a legend as Ranieri is and will be remembered as the time was right, he made some horrendous decisions and he has to live with that. 

Also its quite interesting how Izzet spoke about Micky Adams (the loveable assistant who was always cracking jokes) basically the Shakey type. He said that he changed from everyones best mate to a leader and thats what im hoping shakespear can do. He has potential to be a great manager and I wouldnt be against him getting the job till the end of the season as long as the early showings are positive.

Should of sacked him a a bit back, played rubbish all season (apart from champion league) never looked like we had a plan b, the players he signed in both windows are not good enough at the minute, he should of got players with premier league experience and mixed them with the new ones. I thank him for what he done for Leicester and he will go down as a great in my eye, I just don't think if he stayed he would of kept us up

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't care what nationality the manager is. I don't even think about it. Totally irrelevant. I could give even less of a toss what the public thinks of us. Pretty shallow if that bothers you.

All I care about is how well the team does, considering the money available. If we do well in the Championship on a shoestring, I'm happy. If we're being relegated from the PL without even putting up a fight after spending £80m on what was already a title-winning squad, I'm fvcking fed up.

If you're more worried about the manager's personality than his results, then how much of a fan of the club can you really be?

Seems to have hit a nerve with you. I am sure as all are fed up. But I suspect that you are probably feeling a little guilty because what I said is probably a little true. I suspect deep down you never got over Pearson. 

Honestly think that the problem all season as been the players. Don't think they get on liked they used to. Think Vardy and Mahrez have an obvious hump. What only a handful of passes all season. Seems to be a disconnect between the English old guard and the new foreign players. Only problem is,bus that they will need to pull their fingers out pretty quick. No more excuses. Reports saying players not liking formations on selections. Sodding hell they are making millions and not even trying. OK don't agree with the set up but at least give it a try. They should be ashamed

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If any of you have read Izzets book you would see a footballers perspective on something that appears to me to be similar to our situation. 

When Peter Taylor took over the hard work by Sir Martin he reaped the rewards and got a lot of praise, but in truth the players all knew that things werent right. The training wasnt as good, the tactics were confusing and completely opposite to what they were used to.   When I look at what unfolded it all seams like the Peter Taylor days. As much as a legend as Ranieri is and will be remembered as the time was right, he made some horrendous decisions and he has to live with that. 

Also its quite interesting how Izzet spoke about Micky Adams (the loveable assistant who was always cracking jokes) basically the Shakey type. He said that he changed from everyones best mate to a leader and thats what im hoping shakespear can do. He has potential to be a great manager and I wouldnt be against him getting the job till the end of the season as long as the early showings are positive.

What a load of crap. Comparing Peter Taylor to Claudio Ranieri!

Ranieri won the Premier League for ****s sake. 

No one was complaining about tactics and training last season were they?

Good bye Claudio and Thank you.  I can quite confidently say you will go down as our most successful manager. No one will ever come close to achieving what you did. You leave  us as champions and we are in the Knock out stages of the champions league. You are indeed a  legend. 

Archived