Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Glad to see Muzzy come out and back the decision. 

Someone with a good insight sight with football, legend of the club who actually cares for the club too unlike a clown like Savage who is a media whore. 

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

More than anything, I think we need to seriously try and work on a new approach as a club going forward.

I didn't buy what Ranieri was about when we appointed him. I saw him as a bit of a short-termist, on the way down as a manager and only really brought in because he was a name manager like Sven. I was prepared to see what he could do, and what panned out was quite incredible. He was the perfect man at the perfect time.

But this season I completely lost any faith in him taking us forward as a club. The foundations that were there that served him so well were being ripped apart. The staff were going and the dressing room was falling to pieces.

Leicester need to first of all, bin Rudkin. Make all the defence of him you want, and "how do you know what he's doing wrong" but it's not what he's doing wrong, it's what he's not doing right. Not a single person on here can defend the Wague signing. That signing completely epitomises everything we've become - careless, complacent and desperate. When you see Southampton losing their star players every single summer and nearly always staying comfortably afloat, you have to look at what they're doing that we aren't.

We need a director of football in place with a real know-how, someone who really is focused on growing this club, improving the team with clever signings, improving the academy, improving the facilities - really putting a model in place so that Leicester can sustain themselves at this level and eventually push on, just like what Sevilla have done. I stress this - read about their director of football, Sevilla are not a traditionally big or successful club, they are just very well run and are growing as a result. They lost their best players and manager in the summer for about the thousandth year running and yet they're pushing Barcelona & Real Madrid for the title.

But having heard Rudkin's leading the search for the new man, well, even if we stay up I fear we're going to be having these exact discussions in a year, because that above all is the fundamental flaw.

I'm all over this. There's more problems than just the manager. At the end of this season we need to be looking at a new DOF, a modern manager and even some new top brass who will take this club forward. We have wasted winning the league in terms of kicking on to another level globally, but we still have that recent wow factor to try and build again. Our academy is a farce right now too, we need a DOF and head coach working in unison to build this club.

"The players also wanted a return to the high-pressing style that won the title but Ranieri was concerned Wes Morgan and Robert Huth could not keep a close enough line to halfway, so the message came to sit deeper."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4256224/Claudio-Ranieri-left-Leicester-players-rebelled.html

10 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

"The players also wanted a return to the high-pressing style that won the title but Ranieri was concerned Wes Morgan and Robert Huth could not keep a close enough line to halfway, so the message came to sit deeper."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4256224/Claudio-Ranieri-left-Leicester-players-rebelled.html

this does actually make sense, theres no way the defence could back the midfield up and sit close to the haslfway line - any quick striker and decent ball over the top and we might concede

i recall the same issue when we got relegated under bassett and then adams 2 years later. the defences were soo old and slow that the midfield couldnt push forward as much as theyd have liked

2 minutes ago, polarbear said:

this does actually make sense, theres no way the defence could back the midfield up and sit close to the haslfway line - any quick striker and decent ball over the top and we might concede

i recall the same issue when we got relegated under bassett and then adams 2 years later. the defences were soo old and slow that the midfield couldnt push forward as much as theyd have liked

But it killed our game. We're sitting deep and still concede like there is no tomorrow.

As the old Thai proverb says, "Better late than relegate".

Whatever happens, the owners have my full backing on this. Glad they showed some balls. Also, **** the patronizing media and all those who say "Leicester are where they belong now, in the relegation battle". Neither Champions of England nor the bottom table Conference club deserves that kind of judgemental statements. Thoughtless heartless *****

18 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I knew this was imminent and may be for the best but may not.

I'm actually really saddened by the news.

Cvnts like Morgan and Mahrez should be ashamed of themselves.

You forgot Vardy, Drinkwater, Fuchs, Kasper, Okazaki, Albrighton, Simpson, Ullo, Slimani, Gray, Amartey, Ndidi...

19 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

they can't defend low.. how is it possible for them to defend a high line given Morgan's fat legs & Huth's lead legs

Just now, erlee said:

they can't defend low.. how is it possible for them to defend a high line given Morgan's fat legs & Huth's lead legs

I think with this kind of defense, you can only win by scoring more because you're going to concede anyway. That's why high pressing and high line defending would be better in this case.

Fully behind the owners on this. Taking the emotion out of it and just looking at this seasons performance on its own, no manager would have avoided very close scrutiny and the owners would have legitimate reasons for making the decision that they did. If the stories about unrest and splits with the coaches have substance then that just adds even more weight to the argument for change.

I strongly believe they have done the right thing to give the club a chance to maintain its premiership status, whether it turns out to be the correct decision will only become apparent in hindsight.

I will never forget what the club achieved last season and will always be grateful to everyone who had a part in that, and that definitely includes Ranieri who was a fantastic figurehead at the very least.

I would hope that a long hard look at recruitment is also undertaken.

1 hour ago, polarbear said:

"any quick striker and decent ball over the top and we might concede"

You're wrong.

The striker would not even have to be that quick to get the better of Huth and Morgan.

OK, so the players are saying it was the tactics, player selections, lack of high press, bla bla bla...

Owners have listened and got rid. Can't sack the team, can only change the manager.

So we can now all expect a much more energetic performance on Monday and a victory against Liverpool.

No more excuses.

4 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

This picture echoes my thoughts entirely.

The players deserve a hostile reception. The bastards.

I really hope the names of the players who forced him out get leaked ASAP. It honestly feels like there's been a murder and they've knifed the man who made them. They make me sick. Irrelevant of who they are, and what they did for us last season, I'll never forgive them for this.

Archived