Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FLAN

Kasper interview sky sports

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

He's supposed to be bloody captain ffs. 

And? 

We're now judging captains on whether they are good in front of the camera are we.

Morgan, King and Kasper are the three players behind the scenes who act as link between players, managers and owners etc. We know this as it was been said a number of times, so Kasper is one of the leaders of the club.

If Kasper is the best to do the talking, then let him do it. It means nothing whether it's Wes or him.

It's just another nonsense opportunity to knock Wes and massively overplay the role of a captain.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Or he could of said

WTF has it got to do with you you nosey barstead. The shoved the mic up the guys arse.

At least I would of enjoyed paying my next sky bill lollol

Very feminine voice for a guy.

I don't understand the outrage. If the owners were asking the players what the problem was, I'd expect them to give their honest opinion.

It's a good management practice to take council from a broad church. 

Has anyone considered that players going to owners could be a sign of genuine concern and care for the club? We were losing to poor sides week in week out, with no game plan and reliable sources claiming CR was making bizarre decisions. I love the bloke but in the cold light of day we could all see change was needed. 

58 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I thought he was brillliant last season - Jetting off several times to play for Jamaica yet keeping calm but tireless in his efforts on the pitch for us, held things together during precarious moments - spells in which captains of much bigger clubs would have lost it, scored vital goals vs Southampton and United to bank us 4 points on the way to clinching the title, etc, etc..

He's been well short this season, but so have pretty much everyone else and it shouldn't erase what he did last season as leader.

If you read jonathan northcrofts book youll see how much morgan played and and put into 2015/16. Preseason he was flat out. Offered time off by claudio for a good while  and was considered by CR to have needed resting for first games of the season. He rejected it tho and carried on playing. He might not be teh most vocal captain but that doesnt mean the "silent" captain types cant be as effective.

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's nobodies "job" for starters.

The club have probably put him forward as he's one of the most eloquent speakers. I'm not sure anyone would really want Wes mumbling and bumbling through an interview.

Why is he the captain if he's such a retard though?

cos he's a big centre back?

A captain should be able to talk. It should be his job to give these tough interviews.

I have really rated Morgan over his time here but he should never have been captain, he's just not a leader.

9 minutes ago, smr said:

If you read jonathan northcrofts book youll see how much morgan played and and put into 2015/16. Preseason he was flat out. Offered time off by claudio for a good while  and was considered by CR to have needed resting for first games of the season. He rejected it tho and carried on playing. He might not be teh most vocal captain but that doesnt mean the "silent" captain types cant be as effective.

I disagree. In a season like this you need someone to dish out bollockings and inspire. If Claudio has been sacked for lacking the leadership qualities to motivate the players, Morgan should be stripped of the captaincy for the same reason.

22 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I don't understand the outrage. If the owners were asking the players what the problem was, I'd expect them to give their honest opinion.

It's a good management practice to take council from a broad church. 

21 minutes ago, sdb said:

Has anyone considered that players going to owners could be a sign of genuine concern and care for the club? We were losing to poor sides week in week out, with no game plan and reliable sources claiming CR was making bizarre decisions. I love the bloke but in the cold light of day we could all see change was needed. 

They should be getting their own houses in order before voicing concerns about the manager. They have no right to put the blame all on Claudio after how bad they've been.

32 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

There used to be a club captain and a 1st team captain ..... one for the spokesman type role and one for the first team on the pitch stuff .... I think we rolled the two into one some years ago so both are now part of the Captain's role.

Who says it's his role? It's not down to you to define his role.

10 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

A captain should be able to talk. It should be his job to give these tough interviews.

I have really rated Morgan over his time here but he should never have been captain, he's just not a leader.

He did a pretty good job of captaining us to our first ever premier league title despite not being a leader didn't he

Agreed players need to get act together,

but how have the players put blame onto CR?

Fact check

we have no idea what has been and has not been said behind closed doors. 

Only thing we think we know is that owners asked for opinions, if they did this they knew something was wrong and were already considering things.

I would expect to get honest feedback if I asked.

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

They should be getting their own houses in order before voicing concerns about the manager. They have no right to put the blame all on Claudio after how bad they've been.

If I had asked one of my employees for their opinion I'd expect an answer. An opinion isn't laying blame.

19 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Because he's respected by the players, because he sets a good example around the club?

Who are are you to suggest he's not a good leader. How do you even know? All your doing is basing it on the fact he doesn't scream at people. It's nonsense.

Pearson is a leader, he's great at creating a group with fantastic spirit and he saw fit to put Wes in charge... and we won two divisions. That's good enough for me.

Also, if you are going to blame him when things go wrong, then he also gets credit for being a great captain when we win two leagues.

Its the usual story, things are going well and people are constantly trying to pin the blame on someone.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

It's impossible to say. we can only see what happens on the pitch.

If you think a captain's responsibilities end as soon as they take their boots off then you're mistaken.

The players clearly hold huge respect for Wes. I personally think he's had his day but he should absolutely remain club captain.

His seem to end as soon as he puts his boots on 

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Don't read my posts then sweetie. I know one thing - i'll still be here moaning / discussing matters LCFC beyond the glory years. I see you joined in 2015, must have been a good 2 years as a Leicester fan so far?

Ah so how long you have been on this forum is a measure of your support. I have not been posting too long but went to my first game in 1969 and have seen all the highs and more lows since then so how do you explain that.But of course you know best just like you seem to do about exactly what happened behind the scenes. 

I presume I will get a childish response as per the attached now.

As for reading your posts, I guess we continue to do so in the hope you will make a meaningful one some day.

Dont shoot me.... listening to danny murphy. .he said owners had asked him about the manager a couple  of times and he gave them an honest opinion.

Seems reasonable for owners to get 180deg views before a big call.

What would be more awkward would be a player seeking out the owner... or players saying they didnt want to play for a manager

17 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Body language and eyes say Guilty to me.

FFS! 'Guilty' of what exactly! 

This is getting blown way out of proportion. A media storm in a tea cup.

If my company chairman or director asked me for an honest opinion on my line manager, I'd give him that honest opinion.

And what!!

Fact is Claudio should have dropped the under performing players. He didn't.

Fact is we haven't scored a league goal in 2017.

Fact is we're in the bottom three.

Fact is the owners can't afford to go down, thus halting our progress.

i love Claudio for what he did for the club, but this season he has been woeful.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Fact is Claudio should have dropped the under performing players. He didn't.

Fact is we haven't scored a league goal in 2017.

Fact is we're in the bottom three.

Fact is the owners can't afford to go down, thus halting our progress.

i love Claudio for what he did for the club, but this season he has been woeful.

Fact

Your Facts are Factual ??

39 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

He did a pretty good job of captaining us to our first ever premier league title despite not being a leader didn't he

To be fair we had loads of leaders in the squad last season. Now we don't and Wes seems to be hiding. 

Archived