Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FLAN

Kasper interview sky sports

Kasper was man enough to front up to what was going to inevitably be a hostile interview with sky trying to get an exclusive. Should've been the captain Wes but in every sense other than the armband I guess Kasper is the man. The one player whose been playing out of his skin is Kasper. He's been by far our player of the season. I'm sure he was asked about what was going wrong by the owners after the Seville game and he answered honestly. He's now taking the blame from some for the loss of King Claudio but it's the owners who decided and the many players playing well below their standard who contributed to the decision. Kasper has played out of his skin and is an example that the others should follow, even down to how he acknowledges every section of the crowd at the end of every game.

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

That's what happens when you're in the wrong.

Has it ever occured to you that maybe just maybe the players were in the right? I don't have any idea what went on behind closed doors but maybe he was becoming a mangerial disaster, maybe he was not training them properly, maybe they didn't feel he knew what he was doing etc etc.

There is always two sides to stories such as this. The club is a mess all over the place.

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

If ever Kasper gets fed up with football he could evolve a career in the diplomatic service...or politics.

That was classic diversion-speak. Truly admirable. All questions responded to. No reactive giveaways that reflect anything but a man choosing his words. No lies. And not a jot of information concerning the principal enquiry.  

My take: "Some of us might have spoken with the owners but we don't make decisions. Our owners make decisions."    

"did you meet with the owners and say you wanted claudio out?"

"look, we don't meet with the owners, we have chat around the training ground but it's not a meeting. He's a businessman and we are just football players"

31 minutes ago, reynard said:

Has it ever occured to you that maybe just maybe the players were in the right? I don't have any idea what went on behind closed doors but maybe he was becoming a mangerial disaster, maybe he was not training them properly, maybe they didn't feel he knew what he was doing etc etc.

There is always two sides to stories such as this. The club is a mess all over the place.

You know like training on the day before a game in the evening. 

Changing tactics 90 minutes before a CL away game what saw a traditional CB play at right wing back. 

Get rid of a club psychologist at a critical time. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because he's respected by the players, because he sets a good example around the club?

Who are are you to suggest he's not a good leader. How do you even know? All your doing is basing it on the fact he doesn't scream at people. It's nonsense.

Pearson is a leader, he's great at creating a group with fantastic spirit and he saw fit to put Wes in charge... and we won two divisions. That's good enough for me.

Also, if you are going to blame him when things go wrong, then he also gets credit for being a great captain when we win two leagues.

Its the usual story, things are going well and people are constantly trying to pin the blame on someone.

He did!!!

5 hours ago, erlee said:

as i said in another thread,,, his stuttering manner & body language betrayed him

Do you mean like when the interviewer asked him to look him in the eye and say he hadn't spoken to the owners and the first thing he did was look away hahaha

59 minutes ago, reynard said:

Totally agree with this. As much as I love Claudio, people that think he was hard done by are not realistic. Like you said, we don't know what has happened behind the scenes. But we do know that his signings, tactics and team selections were piss poor for most of the season. The players can't be blamed for that. Only he can be blamed for that. And if the so called 'big players' did turn against him, why did he insist on picking them every week, especially when they have all played so crap (except kasper). Even if the players did turn on claudio, they would have been doing it because they are unhappy with the way things are and the how poor the team has become. Has anyone thought that maybe they did it for the club rather than their own selfish needs? Let's be honest, they all get paid every week win, lose or draw and whether claudio is manager or not. And most of them could move on elsewhere in the summer if they wanted. So if they didn't really care about the club they wouldn't care if Claudio got us relegated. 

Huge respect to Kasper for taking that on and the answers he gave, regardless. Wes, in my opinion, has shirked his duties now for a number of weeks, he has no bollocks and his football is utter bollocks. Can imagine him doing that interview now, bloke has the personality of a cabbage and the speaking capacity of one too. Thanks for the last few years Wes, but time to hang up your boots chap. 

I'm bored now  

Is Taboo on yet ?

One day we will know the truth.

The season starts here for me, I thought that with Man City then Everton though

History has been made over two seasons lets hope it's not repeated in a Man City 1938 way

5 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

I'm bored now  

Is Taboo on yet ?

One day we will know the truth.

The season starts here for me, I thought that with Man City then Everton though

History has been made over two seasons lets hope it's not repeated in a Man City 1938 way

Last one tonight pal, we could have a reasoned discussion about it afterwards but being as this is FoxesTalk....

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Ah so how long you have been on this forum is a measure of your support. I have not been posting too long but went to my first game in 1969 and have seen all the highs and more lows since then so how do you explain that.But of course you know best just like you seem to do about exactly what happened behind the scenes. 

I presume I will get a childish response as per the attached now.

As for reading your posts, I guess we continue to do so in the hope you will make a meaningful one some day.

Not sure why you have such a problem ..... My point was I was being abused for discussing things LCFC on a forum for LCFC by someone that had just joined the forum.... No big was a little dig at him on my part in response to the various digs. You're right, i should have risen above it.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

It has occurred to me, yes. And in some ways i think they are right. Right to question the manager's decision and tactics with the manager himself. Who knows if they had already and that's why they felt the need to go up a level.

Interestingly - you'd think Ruskin would be the next level not the owners??

And yep, there are two sides, and i'm pretty much of the same view, there's a huge mess to sort ..... possibly with a lot more casualties than just CR to come.

Jesus boys, take a chill pill, it's emotional times and we don't need to be picking fights with eachother.... And we thought the Vardy/Mahrez spat was pathetic. Shake hands and start ****ing passing to eachother...i mean, start posting nicely to eachother. 

If there's n truth in the accusations, maybe the players, certainly those who have been named, should sue the news outlets who have said as much. Doubtless though, such accusations have been bracketed by words such as "allegedly" and "it is rumoured" to cover their sorry asses.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

We don't know Morgan shirked the interview. Sky may have asked for Kasper. Morgan may have been busy.

The idea there wasn't rifts is ridiculous though. The Sevilla bench showed that plainly.

Whether sky asked for it or not the captain needs to make an actual appearance rather than just through social media. His players are being hammered, insulted and ridiculed. There should've been at least one public appearance from him. I love Wes, he has been a good servant but he really needs to show right now why he wears that armband.

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Really... can't remember a single "what a brilliant captain" post.

I thought he got quite a bit of recognition .... Quiet but effective Captain kinda comments. 

Personally I don't mind him as captain - just think he's a bit quiet.

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Last one tonight pal, we could have a reasoned discussion about it afterwards but being as this is FoxesTalk....

Yep, caught up with it yesterday when i got back from Spain.

Cracking finish...... obviously set up for series two.

As this is a Leicester Forum as you pointed out

Cracking finish by the Team would be nice, starting Monday with Series Two to be decided   :thumbup:

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Do you mean like when the interviewer asked him to look him in the eye and say he hadn't spoken to the owners and the first thing he did was look away hahaha

Hi, the players had apparently been told Claudio was getting the tin tack before the Seville game, so maybe it was awkward for them to see him celebrating, when knowing what was around the corner. Just a thought.

Archived