Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FLAN

Kasper interview sky sports

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fact is Claudio should have dropped the under performing players. He didn't.

Fact is we haven't scored a league goal in 2017.

Fact is we're in the bottom three.

Fact is the owners can't afford to go down, thus halting our progress.

i love Claudio for what he did for the club, but this season he has been woeful.

Fact is the signings have been pretty shit

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fact is we haven't scored a league goal in 2017.

Fact is we're in the bottom three.

Fact is the owners can't afford to go down, thus halting our progress.

i love Claudio for what he did for the club, but this season he has been woeful.

2 minutes ago, Mease said:

Fact

Your Facts are Factual ??

Fact:  I love facts.

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It's a no win situation

He says yes he gets slaughtered

He says no he gets slaughtered 

He says nothing he gets slaughtered 

Exactly, so why why on earth do it.

To me that is arrogance personified. He thought he do the interview and put the allegations down. Then when it's clear the interviewer won't let it go - which was always a possibility -  he thinks he's being clever by avoiding the question, while all it does is prove his duplicity.

Under the circumstances where he and others are 'feeling the heat' from the press, its done nothing to quell that.

He'd have got more respect from me by being truthful and honest about what went on.

In my eyes this behaviour has  backfired on him, and for me it's not the actions of a club captain - for which he is being widely touted - after being far from forthcoming with the truth.

If ever Kasper gets fed up with football he could evolve a career in the diplomatic service...or politics.

That was classic diversion-speak. Truly admirable. All questions responded to. No reactive giveaways that reflect anything but a man choosing his words. No lies. And not a jot of information concerning the principal enquiry.  

My take: "Some of us might have spoken with the owners but we don't make decisions. Our owners make decisions."    

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Definitely. Not sure Claudio's had any say in signings though, so I didn't factor that in.

I get that, he can be unhappy with the signings, but if he wanted control of transfers or more input he could have spoke up internally. I find it hard to believe that after last season, if he asked, he would have been turned down. If something wasnt working, it's on him to shout up and help try and change it.

7 minutes ago, Ian996 said:

His left, accessing the left hand side of the brain for recognition and right side for creativity... So they say. Telling though isn't it.

Hmmmm....I reserve judgement 'till I've tested it on the missus ;)

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Kasper decides to do interviews... people end up slating Wes. Good one.

Wes Morgan, should have stepped up as club captain, to do a couple of interviews.

His silence  as captain, is deafening..!!  ....Even if Kasper stepped forward or was asked to step forward.

Wes has become a Wuz..

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'll bite lol

Which particular parts of body language and eye movement lead you to draw this conclusion then?

The exact same as when my kids avoid telling the truth,uncomfortable,can't look you straight in the eye,won't give a definite answer.

Kasper is I believe a man of honour and would not want to lie so he would not answer the question with a "Yes I can honestly say I or anyone else did not" instead he skirted round it so he can say he never lied.

PS I'm not having a go at him love the bloke I just don't think he is telling the truth in that interview.

The world of football is tearing us a new one, whomever stands up and fronts up in those circumstances has my support regardless of eye movements and body language (which by the way is not a fulproof way of determining anything) Shakes and Casper have shown leadership and balls when others have gone missing.

47 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fact is we should have prepared ourselves far better in pre-season. And only signed new recruits who were unquestionably improvements on the choices we had already. Various positions were known to be weak for various reasons but we mended none of them. And lumbering ourselves with so many AFCON players was another major mistake for various reasons.       

A captains first and only job is to his fellow players... you consider some of the greatest captains there have been, not many of them did lots of interviews.

I can imagine giving Kasper the armband would be quite controversial internally, so I wouldn't go for a change personally - especially as he can still figuratively lead without a piece of extra cotton around his arm.

15 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Don't wish to patronise, but Kasper is clearly very intelligent and conducted that interview in an exemplary fashion. 

The first thing any new manager should do is make him Captain. 

Shakespeare should make him captain, and tell Morgan to concentrate on his defence. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

A captains first and only job is to his fellow players... you consider some of the greatest captains there have been, not many of them did lots of interviews.

I can imagine giving Kasper the armband would be quite controversial internally, so I wouldn't go for a change personally - especially as he can still figuratively lead without a piece of extra cotton around his arm.

Agreed the captain should defend and represent the players.

For me it's not about the interview it's about taking the responsibility.

This is why he should be Captain

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

They should be getting their own houses in order before voicing concerns about the manager. They have no right to put the blame all on Claudio after how bad they've been.

what if they've been so bad because of claudio, what if he's changed their diet, their training, their fitness regime, their rest time or their access to a sports psychologist? would you be as critical then. the bottom line is nobody really knows so everyone's opinion is all based on hypotheticals.

for what's it's worth, my hypothetical is that ranieri was different than his bumbling, friendly, media front. I think he started making changes that weren't popular, and potentially isolated other backroom staff. I also think he made bizarre and often blatantly incorrect tactical and selection decisions. I think he probably lacked the personality to motivate when its tough, and players are low on confidence. I think his talk of fighters and gladiators would be frowned upon by any player with an ounce of personality or intelligence.

of course, that's just my hypotheticals.

Rob Dorsett yesterday morning seemed under the impression the meeting with the players on Thursday was to inform them of the decision and that they can been gathering opinions from people inside the club about Claudio for a couple of weeks.

It is clear that the owners have a close relationship with a lot of the players so of course Kasper can't deny he has talked to them but even if they have sought out the owners, at least they are showing they care about the future of the club as someone has said above. I am pretty sure Kasper could find himself another Premier League team without much difficulty so it is not just personal motivations there.

Archived