Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

2 minutes ago, Moksky said:

I can tell you as of last night Pearson has NOT been approached by the board. many others at the club have spoken to him. 

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are any other candidates due to hold talks? I feel sick at the prospect of Hodgson coming in. :sick:

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

We are in a very odd predicament at this time.

We are champions of England and whilst we have massively underperformed this season, the Leicester job could be a great job because we have the potential to be a solid top 8 team, challenging for europe and domestic cups.  In order to do that we need a certain type of manager.

We have 12 games left and are by no means assured of our premier league status which is essential to our growth.  If we do end up in the Championship then the calibre of manager we could attract is different to that of a progressive premier league club.

For that reason, we need someone to do a job until the end of the season and be then willing to stand aside when the new guy comes in during the summer.  My preference is for Shakespeare to remain as he fits the bill perfectly but our options away from Shakey are limited to basically Woy, Hiddink and (maybe) Pardew.

In short, I can understand why Hodgson is on the list and why he wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice but we need stability, familiarity, consistency and togetherness so please, let's get through the hull game and then announce Shakey until the end of the season. 

I hope you are right but what if we don't win against Hull the Liverpool win will soon be forgotten. Remember we have not won successive league games since April last year (nearly a year). I agree if they play the same team, same intensity we should beat Hull but we have a habit this season of falling flat on our faces following a win. If we do win then I agree give it to Shakey till end of season. He has more to lose than getting someone else in who could have the excuse of blaming the previous incumbent. 

10 minutes ago, midland_red said:

he is not just too old, he is a total charlatan. Please Lord not him

Yeah everything about him just seems wrong.I realy don't believe the rumers were in talks with him.he's so Boreing aswell.what kinda club would sack a premier winning manager for a England reject old fart

3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Can anyone think of a simple and catchy anti-woy song for Saturday?! Please?!

So fcuck off woy hodgson, you're not fcucking wanted, your an owl, owl, owl.

Shakey will take us to safety like Rob Kelly did in 2005 after Levein was sacked. He'll try to put round pegs in round holes, subtle changes here and there, he won't try and fix a "broken" machine. Good relationship with the players will help, he's straight down the middle and honest (see press conference) and he'll get us over the line. Then maybe end of season we will see. 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Shakey will take us to safety like Rob Kelly did in 2005 after Levein was sacked. He'll try to put round pegs in round holes, subtle changes here and there, he won't try and fix a "broken" machine. Good relationship with the players will help, he's straight down the middle and honest (see press conference) and he'll get us over the line. Then maybe end of season we will see. 

hope you're right - he was impressive on TV last night. A lot depends on the Dull result. If we win, we might be saved from that awful individual

5 minutes ago, midland_red said:

This seems serious - see this form the Mail, who had the exclusive on CR's departure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4268644/Roy-Hodgson-Leicester-City-talks-new-manager.html

Didn't our owners employ a previous England manager at Leicester before? What happened? We spent a lot of money and didn't get too far, lost to mIllwall and then was sacked!! Maybe there is a lesson learned there Mr Chairman. Don't forget Steve Mclaren was ex-England and he is hardly setting Derby on fire.

"Hello Wishy pleased to meet you the name's  Woy . Woy Hodgson . I'm here about the job . You know the big job vacancy . Big job like that needs a big manager like an ex England manager like me . All this talk about big jobs has made me want to ... where's the you know ...oops never mind ... too late"

12 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Can anyone think of a simple and catchy anti-woy song for Saturday?! Please?!

I think there is a conspiracyyyy,

The management is trying to finish meee,

They said Roy's tactics are a remedyyy,

Please stop kidding meee,

Archived