Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Murphy said on fivelive that RH would make a great manager for us, that we would have to get used to a more conservative approach, like last season when we defended deep, compact and countered. jeez, these guys should have to do their homework before commenting. that's exactly what our problem has been this season.  That comment from someone who knows hodgson very well makes up my mind for me - I thought it but wasn't 100% sure. Now I am. 

Is this Danny Murphy?

Fvck me, what a cretin.

Just now, Shaggy said:

We have just sacked a better coach than this goon,was sacked at some English clubs,I'm surprised Warnocks name aint been mentioned yet

I'd genuinely take Colin over Roy

You can find positives in a warnock team, a Hodgsons team is just a mind**** with Kane on corners, Rooney in midfield and Vardy on the wing.

22 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

This is a Hodgson thread, if you hadn't noticed. Not sure what point you were trying to make when mine was that I'd rather cut both my eyes out than hire Hodgson, and that Hodgson would be a terrible fit for us?

If your argument wasn't against that then your comment makes no sense whatsoever. What has West Brom finishing 8th got to do with Hodgson, unless you were commenting on their shit style of play, lack of ambition as a club and depressing manager?

And define stability? Is having ambition not able to co-exist with stability?

Sorry, didn't realize you were the thread police. 

Just so I am "on topic"

I DO NOT WANT ROY AS THE NEXT MANAGER

Happy now? 

24 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'd genuinely take Col City Fan over Roy.

If you did, you'd have to be happy with Michael Keane at centre back, Andrew Robertson at left back, Aaron Moy in the midfield and Moussa Dembele up top. If you weren't happy with any of these, look elsewhere..

:thumbup:

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Here's a good one; Hodgson or McLaren?

Was discussing this earlier tonight. What does McLaren do at football clubs? He goes in, changes things around, gets the team playing and winning, then always drops off? Done the same thing again this time at Direby? They've not won now in 6/7 games? Bizarre stuff.

36 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Was discussing this earlier tonight. What does McLaren do at football clubs? He goes in, changes things around, gets the team playing and winning, then always drops off? Done the same thing again this time at Direby? They've not won now in 6/7 games? Bizarre stuff.

It is odd, hideous manager in my opinion lol

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

This is a Hodgson thread, if you hadn't noticed. Not sure what point you were trying to make when mine was that I'd rather cut both my eyes out than hire Hodgson, and that Hodgson would be a terrible fit for us?

If your argument wasn't against that then your comment makes no sense whatsoever. What has West Brom finishing 8th got to do with Hodgson, unless you were commenting on their shit style of play, lack of ambition as a club and depressing manager?

And define stability? Is having ambition not able to co-exist with stability?

Hodgson would be a terrible fit! He would, bye bye counter attacking football, it would be like watching Tony pulis and his wba team playing boring football but mid table. 

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Calm down pal! All I said is I'd take where WBA are now and want some stability. Not sure how you equate that to hiring Hodgson, he's not even their current manager. I just want us to be 8th, and would happily take that position for the next couple of years. Sometimes you just need the words that people write, not what you interpret them to be. 

I just want us to be 8th, and would happily take that position for the next couple of years.

I just find this attitude so upsetting.

I get the whole thing about stability. I really do.

But I don't just want us to be 8th.

I want us to reach for the stars again like we did last year.

Whether we get there or not is actually irrelevant.

But to not have that aspiration and hope in the first place is soul destroying.

1 hour ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

That might be a good question for a Derby County forum in the not too distant....

I work with a lot of shaggers and they love him, but only because he 'was' winning. Now they hate him....

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Sorry, didn't realize you were the thread police. 

Just so I am "on topic"

I DO NOT WANT ROY AS THE NEXT MANAGER

Happy now? 

Now I'm confused.  The whole debate between you two started with your comment saying he "should be in with a shout"...  Did you change your mind?

8 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Would take where WBA are now without any question. We won the league last season, we are near the bottom this. Let's just stay up and get league stability for a bit eh? 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Now I'm confused.  The whole debate between you two started with your comment saying he "should be in with a shout"...  Did you change your mind?

Struggling to read where I said that in my first post on this thread...(or any of the other ones to be honest!) 

1 hour ago, Kaewbudda said:

I just want us to be 8th, and would happily take that position for the next couple of years.

I just find this attitude so upsetting.

I get the whole thing about stability. I really do.

But I don't just want us to be 8th.

I want us to reach for the stars again like we did last year.

Whether we get there or not is actually irrelevant.

But to not have that aspiration and hope in the first place is soul destroying.

I didn't say I didn't want us to reach for the stars or be 8th forever. To me to be up, in, and around the top is the aim. Always. Period.

I'm as mad as anyone we may have thrown away one of our best opportunities to build on last season. To think that anyone sets out with the goal to be 8th in sport is ridiculous. Some people really need to not take everything so literally on here. I was trying to make the point that I'd love us to compete and be up there. Some people on here seem to think it's the league or nothing. 

6 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Struggling to read where I said that in my first post on this thread...(or any of the other ones to be honest!) 

My bad, I just clicked on the 'go to quoted post' arrows until I was at the beginning of the conversation and that quote wasn't from something you wrote, it was however from the comment Kitch quoted in his post that you responded to with your WBA comment which is why reading those posts without looking at the usernames it looked like a continuous part of the conversation.  Regardless of whether you outright wrote it or not, your post was a pretty clear rebuttal to Kitch's negative views on Hodgson and a defence of that initial post so it's still a little confusing that you're being a bit stroppy about how you're obviously just trying to tell everyone you don't think he should be manager when the context of your post implies the exact opposite to anyone reading it.  I mean if that's what you think just say so in the first place instead of arguing against a person saying they don't want him as manager.  Surely you can see the trail of logic there?

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

My bad, I just clicked on the 'go to quoted post' arrows until I was at the beginning of the conversation and that quote wasn't from something you wrote, it was however from the comment Kitch quoted in his post that you responded to with your WBA comment which is why reading those posts without looking at the usernames it looked like a continuous part of the conversation.  Regardless of whether you outright wrote it or not, your post was a pretty clear rebuttal to Kitch's negative views on Hodgson and a defence of that initial post so it's still a little confusing that you're being a bit stroppy about how you're obviously just trying to tell everyone you don't think he should be manager when the context of your post implies the exact opposite to anyone reading it.  I mean if that's what you think just say so in the first place instead of arguing against a person saying they don't want him as manager.  Surely you can see the trail of logic there?

My original post was actually a rebuttal to slagging off other clubs, which was his post. Sick of people saying we are better than...x.  I was trying to make the point that WBA seem to be doing pretty well and have been in the league and are actually playing ok football...right now, as well as being an established Premier League team. Maybe I shouldn't have posted in the Roy thread but I was just replying to what I saw and read. 

Also your point about me getting stroppy about I'm "obviously just trying to tell everyone" that I didn't Roy is also a bit misinterpreted. The reason I put in caps was because I was berated for it being a Roy thread by Kitch and not posting about it. That was meant to be a joke so it was clear I was on topic. 

In other news, looks like Roy is become less likely, which is good news eh? Both for our club and this thread ?

Archived