Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

3 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Hate to say it, but either everyone is putting bets on at our expense (for a good laugh) or there is an almost inevitable feeling about this.

I fear it may be the latter...

Bookies odds mean nothing really until a you see someone at about 1/8.

It wouldn't surprise me if the bookmaking industry plants stories in the media just to get people betting.

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not comparing clubs nor am I comparing fans (although fanbase is not an issue as we are a one club City and are obviously going to have a bigger crowd) I'm comparing where we are at the minute. Fulham were dead and buried untill Hodgson kept them up - I remember them winning away at Manchester City to stay up.

I already said I don't like him or his football lol I think he'll be a right suit untill the summer because he'd made us hard to beat. The problem for us is our defence look totally out of their depth - or did do untill the Liverpool game. If our main strength is scoring goals then we're already doomed because we don't score enough as it is.

Listen, I don't like him. I've stated that. He shouldn't be our #1 target either but lets not totally write him off on the back of a very tough England job.

Oh according to @Kitchandro it is very easy to manage a bunch of under performing over paid and over rated prima donnas who don't have anywhere near as much talent as most of the other top teams in Europe.....I think his exact words were "I don't know how these twats keep fcking it up"

Personally, I think we should let him have a bash, can't be any worse, right? 

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Day One:

"So Jamie, Danny I've taken over and no doubt you'll remember the faith I placed in you both when I was England boss" ...

:blink:

No fvcking way!!!!

To be fair, I'd probably sack them off for Leicester if we had Harry Kane and Henderson.  lol

1 hour ago, Wdywd said:

The thing about him playing really dull and boring football..where did it come from? It wasn't like that with England, he was whacking on everyone up front

Yeah England was the epitome of exciting football :^) 

Rumours (and may I add that's all it is, we know nothing either way) were the players ridiculed Ranieri from day one of his appointment, as fans a fair few weren't keen on the idea of Ranieri (me included) but we were willing to give him time and a chance albeit not expecting a lot.

As fans a large majority of us are ridiculing Woy, and for good reason, if we as fans can't respect and get excited about the bloke how do we expect the players too and this is what the owners should be factoring.

27 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Are people still persisting with the 'Hodgson doesn't rate Vardy' nonsense? He gave him his England debut off the back of a season where he scored five goals!

People are and I agree with your point, however Woy persisted on playing Vardy out of position asking him to do stuff he isn't very good at, bit like what Ranieri has been asking him to do this season. Would Woy play to his strength here? I very much doubt it.

The vitriol and hate for us on the HYS re Hodgson on the BBC News website is amazing - can't believe it's still going as strong!

This one comment was very good though and kind of summed up my thoughts - It's almost as if you armchair experts are bitter that LCFC won the league in spite of your dire warnings about Ranieri - He's useless, he's won nothing, that's Leicester relegated then - just a few of the comments written at the time. You all forgot you said anything negative when they won but now look, you're here again, giving us the benefit of your years of Sunday League experience...

Oh dear oh dear, this Hodgson story is gathering momentum.

Anyone who thinks Hodgson would be a good choice: watch England v Italy in Euro 2012. We were so defensive we actually made the Italians look like Brazil

I think we've had enough of this type of football and need a coach who can offer football which is far more positive and attack-minded.

Sacking Ranieri was distressing enough, but appointing Hodgson would just absolutely kill me.

9 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

Oh dear oh dear, this Hodgson story is gathering momentum.

Anyone who thinks Hodgson would be a good choice: watch England v Italy in Euro 2012. We were so defensive we actually made the Italians look like Brazil

I think we've had enough of this type of football and need a coach who can offer football which is far more positive and attack-minded.

Sacking Ranieri was distressing enough, but appointing Hodgson would just absolutely kill me.

Agree totally, wasn't convinced CR was going to get us out of trouble (whatever the facts / blame etc), but no chance with Hodgson IMO (and the footy would be even more turgid than it has been for most of the season).

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh according to @Kitchandro it is very easy to manage a bunch of under performing over paid and over rated prima donnas who don't have anywhere near as much talent as most of the other top teams in Europe.....I think his exact words were "I don't know how these twats keep fcking it up"

Personally, I think we should let him have a bash, can't be any worse, right? 

Well we know Col has always rated Hodgson, so surely he's worth a punt. lol 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Shit sorry, thought that embargo had lifted.

I'd still have Drinky over Henderson :P

I believe Henderson is always crap and overrated, I believe Drinky is class and just playing crap recently. 

But yes I'd like Harry Kane on loan again for sure. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Rumours (and may I add that's all it is, we know nothing either way) were the players ridiculed Ranieri from day one of his appointment, as fans a fair few weren't keen on the idea of Ranieri (me included) but we were willing to give him time and a chance albeit not expecting a lot.

As fans a large majority of us are ridiculing Woy, and for good reason, if we as fans can't respect and get excited about the bloke how do we expect the players too and this is what the owners should be factoring.

If as you say they are just rumours  , do you feel comfortable spreading them on here ?  not much to " respect " in rumour spreading really is there ? 

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Would take where WBA are now without any question. We won the league last season, we are near the bottom this. Let's just stay up and get league stability for a bit eh? 

Absolutely not. We need to get our ambition back otherwise we'll end up being Sunderland, or West Brom in 1 or 2 seasons when they inevitably drop back down to lower mid table.

It's simple: If we go back to playing pressing, attacking football like we saw against Liverpool we stay up easily. If we try to be a negative, slow build up team we will go down. Hodgson will want to play the latter.

We are led to believe that playing negative football is one of the reasons the players lost faith in Ranieri, after he implemented the opposite so well last season.

There's this myth that a Pulis/Hodgson/Allardyce type gives you a better chance of staying up because they play 'direct' and 'solid'. This is bullshit. Especially if you actually have some good players, as we do.

The saddest thing about this season is people have forgotten how effective our attacking football was, and can still be. It's awful people talking about Hodgson being ok for us as if we need a team full of lummoxes to stay up, especially when quite the opposite is true.

Archived