Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Bookies odds mean nothing really until a you see someone at about 1/8.

It wouldn't surprise me if the bookmaking industry plants stories in the media just to get people betting.

I'd bet every penny I own that they do plant stories to make money, shame they won't give me odds on it. 

20 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If as you say they are just rumours  , do you feel comfortable spreading them on here ?  not much to " respect " in rumour spreading really is there ? 

Ok, may aswell close the forum down then because at the moment i'd say 90% of this forum is discussion based on rumour and speculation.

As for respect, I have none for Woy Fucking Hodgson.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok, may aswell close the forum down then because at the moment i'd say 90% of this forum is discussion based on rumour and speculation.

As for respect, I have none for Woy Fucking Hodgson.

Fair enough. lol

Our owners like people who can represent our club well. He will go down in Thailand well as a recent ex England manager - he always came across as a nice guy to me and having just finished Vardys book sounds like he really looks up to him after all he did for him and Drinky with England also worth noting how he defended Vardy when he went through the whole "jap" issue.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Absolutely not. We need to get our ambition back otherwise we'll end up being Sunderland, or West Brom in 1 or 2 seasons when they inevitably drop back down to lower mid table.

It's simple: If we go back to playing pressing, attacking football like we saw against Liverpool we stay up easily. If we try to be a negative, slow build up team we will go down. Hodgson will want to play the latter.

We are led to believe that playing negative football is one of the reasons the players lost faith in Ranieri, after he implemented the opposite so well last season.

There's this myth that a Pulis/Hodgson/Allardyce type gives you a better chance of staying up because they play 'direct' and 'solid'. This is bullshit. Especially if you actually have some good players, as we do.

The saddest thing about this season is people have forgotten how effective our attacking football was, and can still be. It's awful people talking about Hodgson being ok for us as if we need a team full of lummoxes to stay up, especially when quite the opposite is true.

Calm down pal! All I said is I'd take where WBA are now and want some stability. Not sure how you equate that to hiring Hodgson, he's not even their current manager. I just want us to be 8th, and would happily take that position for the next couple of years. Sometimes you just need the words that people write, not what you interpret them to be. 

49 minutes ago, JerryLundegaard said:

They live in water, so I would think it strange that an octopus could drown.  It'd be like saying that a fish drowned.  Or am I going crazy again?

Will people in the year 3000 still drown? According to Busted, they live underwater too *gets coat*

Struggling to see any positive in this what-so-ever. His recent record is beyond awful.

People moaned at Claudio playing Musa ahead of Gray. Imagine Slimani taking corners and Vardy playing on the wing?

Moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for.

Sorry, but if this rumour turns out to be true, I won't

understand our owners any more. Do they really

plan to replace the 65-year- old Ranieri, who won

us our only top-flight title, with the 69-year- old

Hodgson, who failed so miserably with England in 

France?

But, wait a moment: didn't Ranieri fail miserably

with Greece before he joined LCFC?

And both  speak (more or less) several

languages.

I mean, that looks like a no-brainer.

Right?

Murphy said on fivelive that RH would make a great manager for us, that we would have to get used to a more conservative approach, like last season when we defended deep, compact and countered. jeez, these guys should have to do their homework before commenting. that's exactly what our problem has been this season.  That comment from someone who knows hodgson very well makes up my mind for me - I thought it but wasn't 100% sure. Now I am. 

33 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Calm down pal! All I said is I'd take where WBA are now and want some stability. Not sure how you equate that to hiring Hodgson, he's not even their current manager. I just want us to be 8th, and would happily take that position for the next couple of years. Sometimes you just need the words that people write, not what you interpret them to be. 

This is a Hodgson thread, if you hadn't noticed. Not sure what point you were trying to make when mine was that I'd rather cut both my eyes out than hire Hodgson, and that Hodgson would be a terrible fit for us?

If your argument wasn't against that then your comment makes no sense whatsoever. What has West Brom finishing 8th got to do with Hodgson, unless you were commenting on their shit style of play, lack of ambition as a club and depressing manager?

And define stability? Is having ambition not able to co-exist with stability?

Archived