Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

3 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3028373/ron-robert-zieler-could-return-to-bundesliga-amid-leicester-frustrations

Ron-Robert Zieler could return to Bundesliga amid Leicester frustrations

Ron-Robert Zieler has not ruled out a return to the Bundesliga after a difficult season at Premier League champions Leicester City.

Zieler, 28, joined Leicester from Hannover last summer but has made only 13 competitive appearances after being unable to displace Denmark keeper Kasper Schmeichel.

And Zieler, a 2014 World Cup winner, told kicker: "All that counts for me now is my difficult situation at Leicester. It's not an easy situation, but I have to confront it.

"Now is not the right time to just think about the future. My full focus is on the work here, maintaining a high intensity in training.

"Something can always happen, and I wouldn't forgive me to have to return to goal without being ready."

Zieler, who joined Leicester on a four-year deal, said he knew it was important to get fiurst-team football in order to boost his hopes of playing for Germany at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

With his old club Hannover 96 currently fighting to return to the Bundesliga, Zieler said a return could be an option.

"Independent of what happens in the summer, Hannover will always remain something special for me," he said.

"But I know that you can never rule anything out in football."

I don't know what he expected when he joined, as Kasper was always going to be ahead of him. He's actually played more than I thought he would, due to Kasper's broken hand and some Claudio tinkering early on. 

I would have thought he is on decent enough money, to keep him here at least another 6-12months and I'm not sure of the pecking order for Germany, but I can't imagine he will play any games at Russia.

To be fair, he is another signing that has not benefited at all from coming in during a time when our first team had a quite incredible drop off in form, so he is yet another one that is difficult to judge. 

He is also competing with a keeper, who seems to get better season on season and has saved us many times this season. 

I'd like him to stay, as I think he is more than adequate from what I've seen so far, and it gives us one less headache trying to sign another GK this summer. 

53 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Do people honestly expect us to compete with likes of Everton in the transfer market?   I would say we now have the ability to compete with likes of Stoke and West Brom at the moment, Southampton at a push but I think likes of West Ham and Everton is still slightly out of our reach for another year maybe two for now. 

Why? We pay more than Southampton and as much as Everton and West Ham.

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Do people honestly expect us to compete with likes of Everton in the transfer market?   I would say we now have the ability to compete with likes of Stoke and West Brom at the moment, Southampton at a push but I think likes of West Ham and Everton is still slightly out of our reach for another year maybe two for now. 

Yes.

Other than the top 6 we have that edge now over the rest. Whether this is because we won the premier league or whether its because we have shown what we can do in europe i dont know.. I just think the magic of leicester will attract people now.

Maybe on par with Everton but to say we are still on level with West Brom and Stoke is wrong.

And at the end of the day we are a 45 minute virgin train away from London.

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Yes. Other than the top 6 we have that edge now. Maybe on par with Everton but to say we are still on level with West Brom and Stoke is wrong.

Why do we have the edge for next season? 

I understand we jumped well ahead of them for this season due to our title win and involvement in the Champions League, but I'm concerned that next season, we will be viewed as a team that may well be battling relegation again. 

Obviously, as fans, we hope for more than that, but players moving to the Premier League will still see Everton as a top 6-8 club, Stoke and WBA as solid mid-table clubs and us as potential relegation battlers, such as this season. 

A lot will depend how strongly we finish this season of course and we could end up a lot higher etc, which will help a lot, but I still think like 'The Blur' said, we are a less attractive poposition than Everton/West Ham and will be competing with Stoke/West Brom type clubs in terms of attracting players. 

43 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3028373/ron-robert-zieler-could-return-to-bundesliga-amid-leicester-frustrations

Ron-Robert Zieler could return to Bundesliga amid Leicester frustrations

Ron-Robert Zieler has not ruled out a return to the Bundesliga after a difficult season at Premier League champions Leicester City.

Zieler, 28, joined Leicester from Hannover last summer but has made only 13 competitive appearances after being unable to displace Denmark keeper Kasper Schmeichel.

And Zieler, a 2014 World Cup winner, told kicker: "All that counts for me now is my difficult situation at Leicester. It's not an easy situation, but I have to confront it.

"Now is not the right time to just think about the future. My full focus is on the work here, maintaining a high intensity in training.

"Something can always happen, and I wouldn't forgive me to have to return to goal without being ready."

Zieler, who joined Leicester on a four-year deal, said he knew it was important to get fiurst-team football in order to boost his hopes of playing for Germany at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

With his old club Hannover 96 currently fighting to return to the Bundesliga, Zieler said a return could be an option.

"Independent of what happens in the summer, Hannover will always remain something special for me," he said.

"But I know that you can never rule anything out in football."

bye-bye....

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I understand we jumped well ahead of them for this season due to our title win and involvement in the Champions League, but I'm concerned that next season, we will be viewed as a team that may well be battling relegation again. 

Obviously, as fans, we hope for more than that, but players moving to the Premier League will still see Everton as a top 6-8 club, Stoke and WBA as solid mid-table clubs and us as potential relegation battlers, such as this season. 

A lot will depend how strongly we finish this season of course and we could end up a lot higher etc, which will help a lot, but I still think like 'The Blur' said, we are a less attractive poposition than Everton/West Ham and will be competing with Stoke/West Brom type clubs in terms of attracting players. 

Obviously there is no right or wrong answer in seriousness but as i said i dont know whether its because we won the league or because we have done so well in europe i dont know.

Only time will tell and a transfer window.

People might think we are relegation fodder again next year but its a shame we have played like we did under Ranieri at the start compared to Shakey right now. We most likely could be hovering around 6th place if we had. So thats a shame.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Obviously there is no right or wrong answer in seriousness but as i said i dont know whether its because we won the league or because we have done so well in europe i dont know.

Only time will tell and a transfer window.

People might think we are relegation fodder again next year but its a shame we have played like we did under Ranieri at the start compared to Shakey right now. We most likely could be hovering around 6th place if we had. So thats a shame.

One thing I will say, I think that there is definitely now a certain romance about this club, that others like Stoke, WBA etc all cannot compete with. This has been especially boosted by our performances in the Champions League, and personally, if I was a player and I had the choice of these types of Premier League clubs, then Leicester would always stick out, purely because of what the team is capable of achieving when everything clicks and that brings a certain excitement. 

I think as long as we do finish this season strongly and stay well clear of the relegation fodder, then we could still have "some" edge over rivals and lets not forget, without last season, we would still likely be competing with Middlesborough, Swansea, Hull etc, so we are in a decent place now. 

1 hour ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Would love us to sign Traore from Middlesborogh - looked an absolute tank against us and is only 21. Be interesting to see what kind of players we can actually attract here this season - obviously we're not in the same position as last year, but our ambition is certainly still there. Hopefully Shakey gets a bit of cash to splash, especially if Mahrez leaves. 

He's played 26 games, 1256 minutes. Zero goals and zero assists. He's garbage.

Agree it'd be nice to see cash splashed on a winger if Mahrez does go. If he does, as well as the money mentioned, we could well have £40-50m from his sale as well. Not saying we need to spend all that on one player though.

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

He's played 26 games, 1256 minutes. Zero goals and zero assists. He's garbage.

Agree it'd be nice to see cash splashed on a winger if Mahrez does go. If he does, as well as the money mentioned, we could well have £40-50m from his sale as well. Not saying we need to spend all that on one player though.

2 x Relegated in consecutive seasons as well.

1 hour ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Would love us to sign Traore from Middlesborogh - looked an absolute tank against us and is only 21. Be interesting to see what kind of players we can actually attract here this season - obviously we're not in the same position as last year, but our ambition is certainly still there. Hopefully Shakey gets a bit of cash to splash, especially if Mahrez leaves. 

I've seen plenty of him this season and calling him a limited footballer is an understatement. He's got physique and he's fast. That's about it. No skill, no precision, little teamwork, and only works on the right wing.

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Don't you miss Schlupp?? :olol

I do wonder how Palace fans are taking to him. He seems to have started few games for them now

Just had a quick look at their forum and it is mixed, but as he is still a new signing we won't see him getting slagged off so much yet lol 

I did see a thread with someone suggesting he play RB which is just great. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

We have the edge because we're prepared to pay bigger salaries than the likes of WBA and Stoke.

We have players on 100k, they do not.

Zieler has been a big disappointment.

Looking at his pedigree I thought he would challenge Kasper. 28 years of age and good enough to make the Germany world cup winning squad, I also read that if it wasn't for Zieler Hannover would have got relegated as easily as Villa did and he was their star player by a million miles.

I'd be happy to get our money back in the summer and sign an older Bosman or a young up and coming goalkeeper like Dragowski who we were linked with last summer as our No2.

Even if Schmeichel moved on in the summer I'd want someone like Pickford and Zieler shouldn't be anywhere near our first choice.

Schmeichel, Hamer, Iversen

Simpson, Trippier
Morgan, Huth, Benalouane, Maguire (+ Amartey)
Fuchs, Chilwell

Drinkwater, N'Didi, Silva, James, King, Barnes
Albrighton, Mahrez, Lawrence
Okazaki, Vardy, Slimani

Loan Out:
Kapustka (Championship til Jan with option to extend)

Sell/Release:
RRZ
Wasilewski (Coaching role?)
Gray
Ulloa
Musa
Mendy

In:
Maguire (Gibson/Keane beyond our reach, I think. 2 of the 3 would be perfect)
Trippier
Silva

If Schmeichel goes, Pickford has to be the most realistic, quality shout. Genuinely think Kasper will stay though.

Would like to see Morgan step down as matchday captain at least and pass it to Kasper, then hopefully phase out the Morgan/Huth partnership into a younger pairing like Maguire/Benny or, ideally, Maguire/Keane.

Gray doesn't seem too interested in staying here, so cash in on him and bring Lawrence back. Seems to be doing just as well in the Championship as Gray was, and could probably make the step up to fill that CAM role (lets face it, we won't get Siggy).

6 out, 3-4 in, a few returning players. Overall outlay shouldn't be too extortionate.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

We have the edge because we're prepared to pay bigger salaries than the likes of WBA and Stoke.

We have players on 100k, they do not.

That's definitely a big factor, but I don't think it will that long until clubs like Stoke/WBA are matching those kind of wages and I'm not sure we will be dishing out 100k/w contracts from now on. I think the owners made a real push after we won the title, and that to some extent has backfired due to a number of reasons. 

I'd be surprised if any new players will be offered anything like 100k/w wages this summer. The summer window is certainly going to be interesting though and will demonstrate how ambitious our owners really are, with the types of players we target and the wages on offer. 

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Simpson, Trippier
Fuchs, Chilwell

Okazaki, Vardy, Slimani

Loan Out:

Sell/Release:
RRZ
Gray
Ulloa
Musa
Mendy

In:
Trippier
Silva

If Schmeichel goes, Pickford has to be the most realistic, quality shout. Genuinely think Kasper will stay though.

Would like to see Morgan step down as matchday captain at least and pass it to Kasper, then hopefully phase out the Morgan/Huth partnership into a younger pairing like Maguire/Benny or, ideally, Maguire/Keane.

Gray doesn't seem too interested in staying here, so cash in on him and bring Lawrence back. Seems to be doing just as well in the Championship as Gray was, and could probably make the step up to fill that CAM role (lets face it, we won't get Siggy).

6 out, 3-4 in, a few returning players. Overall outlay shouldn't be too extortionate.

If we get Adrien silva we could play 4-3-3 meaning we could afford to play Gray and Mahrez? As they would have less defensive responsibilities. 

28 minutes ago, Xen said:

Simpson, Trippier
Fuchs, Chilwell

Okazaki, Vardy, Slimani

Loan Out:

Sell/Release:
RRZ
Gray
Ulloa
Musa
Mendy

In:
Trippier
Silva

Where are you getting this from? Whenever he gets a chance, he impresses and apart from a dodgy rumour of a release clause, I don't see this lack of interest in being here. He is frustrated not to be playing I'm sure, but who wouldn't be.

Cashing in now would make no sense, as his value is only based on a potential and not many will pay much for that. He needs to stay and if Mahrez does leave, then he will probably be starting next season. 

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Looking at run ins, if we beat Stoke on Saturday I'd be backing us to finish above them.

Momentum is certainly in our favour. I do wonder how much the Champions League will take out of us though

Archived