Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

Sigurdsson would be fantastic, however  I fear bigger fish than us may be in for him in the summer, same story with Michael Keane unfortunately, however they’re both definitely worth a try.

Trippier is a stand out target at right back, I was a bit gutted when we didn’t seem to go for him when he left Burnley.

Would love us to go for Adrien Silva if he’s still keen, some saying his wages are around £17,000 a week, we can surely double or triple that easily if that’s what it would take, his fee may be an issue though as well as his injury record, although is this season a one off on that front? I don't know.

I know Gibson is highly rated by many but haven’t really seen much of him to form an opinion, Middleborough have a good defensive record though which it sounds like he is a major part of, in the England squad this week so his fee has probably doubled. Do think we need 2 CBs, maybe McGuire or Kone are other options?

I also like the look of Clucas at Hull, have been impressed every time I have seen Hull this season and think he’d be an improvement on King or Mendy and would give us options to rotate a bit or play in a midfield 3.

A lot of these guys appear to be at teams down at the bottom of the table, but I think we can agree they are stand out performers in these sides.

Obviously a winger and goalkeeper would be a must should we lose either Mahrez or Schmeichel.

Need to go all out for sigurdsson just pay the £30m they're asking for

also need a young centre half come in, 2 if Amartey isn't viewed as an option there, id personally like Ake and Maguire, think Keane and Gibson are going to end up going to top 6 teams. Need some right back competition for Simpson too. 

I'd sell Zieler Mendy and Musa and if we get a decent offer from China I'd sell slim too, Ulloa won't be here next year either so could do with a target man coming in. 

Id love to see a youthful team like this next season. 

Schmeichel

Karsdorp(Ajax) Maguire Ake Chilwell 

ndidi       Drinky

Mahrez          Sigurdsson            Gray

Vardy

pickford Amartey Simpson king kapi Lawrence Shinj

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Do what we should have done last season, and splash the cash!

Trippier, Gibson, Maguire.

Adrien Silva, Redmond

Andre Gray

That will cost almost £90m. 

Andre Gray constantly chases his first touch so I dont wanna spend £20m+ on him. Southampton will charge a fortune for Redmond. If Redmond was our player there'd be a release clause of course.

I like the 3 defenders though. 

If Musa doesn't stop conceding possession and making woeful passes in any game opportunity he has until the end of season, reckon he'll not be in the club's long-terms plans imo. He's had opportunities to impress already but the same components of his game let him down - and that's frustrating as his pace can be very useful but his ball control and awareness are not like Gray's or Mahrez's.

The ''he's not had much time to settle in, give him a chance to'' comments are not valid really as Kante in particular N'Didi have made instant impacts in lesser time.

On 22/03/2017 at 08:15, Abrasive fox said:

Will probably depend on whether Liverpool get on the champions league and whether De Gea stays at ManUtd.

Liverpool very keen on Kasper, but it'll take 25/30m.

Worth more for me, he has 5-8 years left.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Musa doesn't stop conceding possession and making woeful passes in any game opportunity he has until the end of season, reckon he'll not be in the club's long-terms plans imo. He's had opportunities to impress already but the same components of his game let him down - and that's frustrating as his pace can be very useful but his ball control and awareness are not like Gray's or Mahrez's.

The ''he's not had much time to settle in, give him a chance to'' comments are not valid really as Kante in particular N'Didi have made instant impacts in lesser time.

Cant argue with you Wymes but for me he must have shown something when we scouted him and it's up to the club to find out why that is not being replicated now he plays for us.  There's a multitude of reasons ...   Confidence, doesn't like Leicester, can't fit into our style, etc ...   If we can identify and sort it fine, if not he's off.   Shame if he does go cus I've seen a few flashes (not many mind !) of something exciting.   

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

That will cost almost £90m. 

Andre Gray constantly chases his first touch so I dont wanna spend £20m+ on him. Southampton will charge a fortune for Redmond. If Redmond was our player there'd be a release clause of course.

I like the 3 defenders though. 

True, although I stuck Redmond in there just on the basis Mahrez will go. Also, if he does, 40 million in the kitty plus whatever the owners may throw in, which could be upto 50 million, making the 90 million. 

Andre Gray just reminds me of Vardy and is a better like for like, than Musa IMO. It will be tough to sign a top striker who will accept he will be playing second fiddle to Vardy and possibly Slimani, so although there are better strikers out there, he is one I thought would give us a very decent option from the bench. 

I think two CB's and a RB are an absolute must, especially if we don't see Amartey's future as a CB. I also think Ulloa will go and so another striker is important and I think if we continue to play this way, then a striker with similar qualities to Vardy is a must. Pace is not enough, as we have seen with Musa, we also need someone who is a pest and gets stuck in and isn't easily pushed off the ball.

If Mahrez does go, and Lawrence and Kaputska are deemed not ready for next season, then we also need to go out and sign two wingers. 

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Cant argue with you Wymes but for me he must have shown something when we scouted him and it's up to the club to find out why that is not being replicated now he plays for us.  There's a multitude of reasons ...   Confidence, doesn't like Leicester, can't fit into our style, etc ...   If we can identify and sort it fine, if not he's off.   Shame if he does go cus I've seen a few flashes (not many mind !) of something exciting.   

Also, we can't just assume every player will settle quickly. Some do and some don't. but it's still too early to write Mendy, Slimani or Musa off. A little more patience could really pay off in the long-run. 

Like I said in another thread though. It is going to be hard for Musa and Mendy especially, as I don't see them getting many more opportunities this season. 

Let's say no one out the current Seville home leg 11 leaves.and to not drastically change things but massively improve a premiership winning team, Minimum we would really need is a Sigurdsson type player. A centre back and right back. Maybe 2 centre backs but I really like Benalouane. 

P.s you can't just bring in wholesale 6 new players and expect it to be the same team spirt. Doesn't work like that.

Archived