Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

Not sure what John Percy is on about to be honest. Other teams were interested, we got him first. He's here and that's where he's staying.

Not a chance he'll be off in the summer unless there is some daft release clause in there.

Would love to see pablo piatti or Jonathan viera in a Leicester shirt next season. Both key elements in relatives weak teams, seems they can finish and both rank high in assists. Seems they can operate anywhere in front three and the number 10 role. 

Could be some outgoings with players such as Musa, Ulloa, Mendy and possibly Slimani if a Chinese club came in again but other than that we should be keeping the rest. I would of said we needed a new first choice right back before the turn of the year but Simmo has really impressed me so we only need a back up in the department as Amartey isn't a natural, however, I think two top class centre backs wouldn't go a miss, maybe Ben Gibson and Nastatic being more realistic options. We also need to improve our options going forward as at the moment other than Vardy and Okazaki we haven't got much choice with Musa nor Slimani showing much promise and Ulloa's antics of the pitch and if one of Vardy or Okazaki were to get injured we'd be in trouble. Obvious in that if any major players leave such as Mahrez and Kasper we need to replace them and I'd replace Kasper with Pickford and with Mahrez I'd replace him with Gray but just get another back up, hopefully the pair don't leave though but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one did. 

why's everyone so sure on kasper/mahrez leaving? We are on the up again, they're on good money & both seem to enjoy playing here. Next season there will be a hint of mystery around us again & with this turn in form who know's what we can achieve.

A certain Lewis Baker is getting a lot of praise for his performances with Vitesse Arnheim in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Could be the missing piece in a central (attacking) midfield position. Worth on a loan spell? Will return to Chelsea at the end of the season...

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2017/2/24/14717900/lewis-baker-profile-chelsea-vitesse-loan-army

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd whack £50mil on Ndidi straight away.

If someone makes a hostile bid for one of our players then it has to be for money that we wouldn't pay ourselves. After buying Slimani for £30m then it shows we're prepared to spend that kind of cash on a player so if you make a hostile bid for one of our players who is under contract for a few more years then the bidding has to start at £40m.

49 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Lots of people saying they'd like to see Pickford or Hart if Kasper leaves. I'd prefer Victor Valdes to both if I'm honest. 

Victor Valdes - You must be having a laugh? He's awful and he's 35. Terrible suggestion

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

A certain Lewis Baker is getting a lot of praise for his performances with Vitesse Arnheim in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Could be the missing piece in a central (attacking) midfield position. Worth on a loan spell? Will return to Chelsea at the end of the season...

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2017/2/24/14717900/lewis-baker-profile-chelsea-vitesse-loan-army

The way we could finish the season I"m not sure some of the top 6 will even sell us players. They know we are dangerous and they know we can see a season out.

We've now regained last seasons form. Why would they loan a player with the potential of pushing them out the CL spots next season.

With no Europe next season unless the unthinkable happens we could be pushing very hard again.

1 hour ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Victor Valdes - You must be having a laugh? He's awful and he's 35. Terrible suggestion

Second to Ben Gibson, he's easily been Boro's best player whenever I've watched them. Much rather replace our top class goalkeeper who is a leader with an experienced goalkeeper with proven leadership qualities, even if only for a very short time. I didn't know he was 35. Still could be decent for a year or two. 

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm a little bit confused. Schlupp got absolutely slaughtered on here, yet people are suggesting Adama Troere as a potential signing. 

I think it is only ONE person who suggested it to be fair and the other 99% of us shot it down. He is identical to Schlupp but probably has even less composure (if possible). He may eventually add that to his game and be a top player, but I think after waiting for years for Schlupp to add that to his game, we have learnt our lesson and should be aiming for more complete players. 

11 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If we aren't rivaling palace's attempts to sign Sakho then we are doing something wrong. Been top notch for them on loan. Him and Benny could be a decent partnership for a good few years. 

Wish we could bring the transfer thread back up and see all those who said he would be an horrific bombscare of a signing. He has been 'epic' according to Palace fans and a real leader on the pitch for them. Liverpool will probably be adding a million a week to his summer asking price now! 

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Ray Wilkins said in an interview recently that Lewis Baker was the most talented player in Chelsea's academy - would be a fantastic loan signing! I would like us to give a bit more of a chance to the younger lads who've been out on loan in the championship this year though - someone like Choudhury or Barnes, who could well be vital in future years, needs the chance to develop with regular premier league football. 

24 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think it is only ONE person who suggested it to be fair and the other 99% of us shot it down. He is identical to Schlupp but probably has even less composure (if possible). He may eventually add that to his game and be a top player, but I think after waiting for years for Schlupp to add that to his game, we have learnt our lesson and should be aiming for more complete players. 

Quoted the wrong comment, sorry. I've seen him suggested at least four or five times on this thread alone. 

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Wish we could bring the transfer thread back up and see all those who said he would be an horrific bombscare of a signing. He has been 'epic' according to Palace fans and a real leader on the pitch for them. Liverpool will probably be adding a million a week to his summer asking price now! 

It's not just the Palace fans raving though. The Liverpool fans that I know were saying they don't know why he's being sent away and that he's the best centre back they've got. 

Obviously, the lad made some mistakes, but from every report I've seen it looks like he's put his head down and put the work in to get better. 

Archived