Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

58 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I think it's vital for us to finish at least 12th this season in order for us to get our targets this summer.

Fair point but I highly doubt a player is going to look at the table and think "oh, they finished 13th last Season, if they'd of finished 12th I would definitely join them!".. :D

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Pls no more pace merchants.

"Pace and power" = most overrated attributes in football

Fabregas, David Silva, Mata etc have no pace and no power yet they are top class footballers. I will cry if we sign another speed merchant like Musa again. Football's obsession with pace gets on my tits.

15 minutes ago, Adster said:

Fair point but I highly doubt a player is going to look at the table and think "oh, they finished 13th last Season, if they'd of finished 12th I would definitely join them!".. :D

I just think players will see we finished 12th and it looks respectable. 13th and lower looks like you've been in a relegation battle.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

I do think the Richard the 3rd thing is a bit much and hocus pocus to me.

But ffs to put King James on the bench is taking the piss lollol

Why? King has filled in well when given the chance and I'd like to see James be given a chance after a long injury and run of games to be given another opportunity. He was ahead of Drinkwater not so long ago and he's proved everyone wrong, can't see why James can't do the same. Suppose it's easier to write players off and spunk money up the wall on players like Mendy who are certainly no upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Why? King has filled in well when given the chance and I'd like to see James be given a chance after a long injury and run of games to be given another opportunity. He was ahead of Drinkwater not so long ago and he's proved everyone wrong, can't see why James can't do the same. Suppose it's easier to write players off and spunk money up the wall on players like Mendy who are certainly no upgrade.

How can you advocate giving James a chance but also call Mendy 'no upgrade' after only 4 league appearances. Oh the irony. 

A decent pre season for James, Mendy, Kaputska and Lawrence etc is what's needed and then we will just have to rely on Shakespeare and his team to make a judgement. 

55 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

How can you advocate giving James a chance but also call Mendy 'no upgrade' after only 4 league appearances. Oh the irony. 

A decent pre season for James, Mendy, Kaputska and Lawrence etc is what's needed and then we will just have to rely on Shakespeare and his team to make a judgement. 

My point is that Mendy cost us a fair amount of money yet looks to be no upgrade on James.

I'd still give Mendy a chance, I'm not writing him off completely and hopefully he comes good if he's still here next season.

Maybe I'm just not over his Millwall performance yet. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

100 % agree here, these 4 with a full leicester pre-season and we'll start to see if they have a chance with us

And Mendy and Kapi will have had a full year in english football and culture so may be better adapted 

Guest CityFan 06

I'd be happy to keep Zieler but as he's showing frustration with those comments (understandably so) I'm not so sure he will settle for being the no.2. 

I feel he is capable of being a no.1 goalkeeper, I do still rate Zieler. I know his connection with the back line isn't overly strong, but he is capable of pulling out some top saves. It must be difficult for him in a way; he's being compared to Schmeichel who is one of the best keepers in the Premier League. Perhaps our estimation of what classifies as a good enough goalkeeper is high, which is understable when he is being compared to Schmeichel.

I thought Zieler looked decent enough when he joined, made some nice saves, but this article from a while back concerns me.

I know we were shit then, but there is such a vast difference in our 2 keepers even though they both were interchanging frequently over that shit period.

Even for a no.2 those figures are worrying. If we can get someone half decent that's happy to be no.2 I won't be opposed to him leaving..

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10684357/premier-league-goalkeepers-ranked-by-goals-they-should-have-conceded-according-to-opta

9 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Would love us to sign Traore from Middlesborogh - looked an absolute tank against us and is only 21. Be interesting to see what kind of players we can actually attract here this season - obviously we're not in the same position as last year, but our ambition is certainly still there. Hopefully Shakey gets a bit of cash to splash, especially if Mahrez leaves. 

He's so so crap

4 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

All I will say is Whooosshhh

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Shinji Kagawa is unlikely to be offered another contract at Dortmund.

I thought he was underated at Man U tbh. Always seemed to put a shift in. Only just turned 28. Replacement for Okazaki in the false striker/no.10 role?

As you said contract up in the summer, so available on a free. Would be a steal IMO. 

15 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I thought he was underated at Man U tbh. Always seemed to put a shift in. Only just turned 28. Replacement for Okazaki in the false striker/no.10 role?

As you said contract up in the summer, so available on a free. Would be a steal IMO. 

TWO SHINJIS!!1!

:frantics:

9 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Kagawa wouldn't be unrealistic but I think he would try to aim higher if he was to move on. I could see him going to one of the Milan sides.

He must be good if he can turn down the European Champions.

Archived