Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

I'd love to see something like:

Kasper 

Trippier Zouma Morgan Fuchs

Drinkwater Sigurddson Ndidi

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Subs:

King/James

Gray

Albrighton

Slimani

Huth

Chillwell 

Pickford 

I personally wouldn't want to see mass changes just a few additions who have premier league experience who can add to the posistions we need to strengthen/freshen up.

There's always the option of loans and making changes in January too. 

33 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Kasper 

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Subs:

King/James

Gray

Albrighton

Slimani

Huth

Chillwell 

Pickford 

I personally wouldn't want to see mass changes just a few additions who have premier league experience who can add to the posistions we need to strengthen/freshen up.

We won't sign Pickford if Kasper stays. Pickford is to good to be a number 2. He could play week in week out for most premier league clubs. 

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Kasper 

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Subs:

King/James

Gray

Albrighton

Slimani

Huth

Chillwell 

Pickford 

plus time to let morgan take a back seat after this season.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Kasper 

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Subs:

King/James

Gray

Albrighton

Slimani

Huth

Chillwell 

Pickford 

Not sure that's balanced enough - when you've got Shinji deeper and Albrighton forcing mistakes higher up the pitch, the defence is under less strain.

You'd lose that with what you've got up there plus the fact that those fullbacks would be expected to bomb on, leaving space in behind.

We'd score loads with that team, but concede just as many.

Now, add Zouma into our current 4-4-2, replacing Huth and then Lanzini (or equivalent hard worker with quality) replacing Shinji then we're talking. 

If we're to evolve away from 4-4-2 with high press next season, our buys will need to reflect players who can slow a game down by keeping possession, but have the versatility to ramp it up; adapting to our current style of play and evolving into the new one.

Unfortunately you're then looking at the best players in the world (costly) or the next generation of talent who will make mistakes (costly in another way).

One thing is for certain, we need a better window than last Summer.

In:
1/2 CB's (debending weather benalouane goes or not), there are few names in my mind:
Shane duffy, Maguire, Zouma

1 RB: trippier
and i'm not sure about chilwell i prefer robertson (hull fc).
1 CM: i can see adrien silva signs with us but i would take better options.

1 CF: Andy Carroll

and i hope to sell zieler because i see him always making mistakes and very weak in crosses so i hope to sign Al-Habsi (Reading fc)

Out: Wasy-james-musa-mendy

kasper
simpson-huth-morgan-fuchs
_ndidi-drinkwater_
mahrez- A. carroll-albrighton
_vardy_

habsi
trippier-maguire-benalouane-robertson
_amartey-silva_
gray-ulloa-lawrence(kaputska)
_slimani_
(Sorry for my bad english)

4 minutes ago, hatasi said:

In:
1/2 CB's (debending weather benalouane goes or not), there are few names in my mind:

and i hope to sell zieler because i see him always making mistakes and very weak in crosses so i hope to sign Al-Habsi (Reading fc)

kasper
_ndidi-drinkwater_
_vardy_

habsi
_amartey-silva_
_slimani_

Ali al habsi is inconsistent and pretty dog shit. Pulls a flash save out every now and then

I feel we really missed the boat with sigurdsson after his performances this season. Leading in the premier league for assists and chipped in with quite a few goals too like he usually does which is impressive considering how garbage Swansea have been for majority of the season.

42 minutes ago, hatasi said:

In:

kasper
_ndidi-drinkwater_
_vardy_

habsi
_amartey-silva_
_slimani_

No problems about the English buddy but strangely you do appear to have made an error and got some names mixed up?

You see, next to 1CF - you've written the name Andy Carol which is obviously not what you meant right?

9 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

No problems about the English buddy but strangely you do appear to have made an error and got some names mixed up?

You see, next to 1CF - you've written the name Andy Carol which is obviously not what you meant right?

i think carroll is an upgrade to ulloa. furthermore, he can play behind the striker because he can play with his back to defenders well unlike Slimani, he has the highest average of aerial duels wins in top 5 leagues up to now.

i read in skynews that west ham is willing to sell him so he is a realistic signing.

thanks for reply

I think we will only replace players who leave or have moved on. This being

- Slimani

- Ulloa

- Fuchs

(and some others but not sure who at this point)

I can also see Kasper being made captain - only on the proviso that Morgan steps into a different role for the club 

The main replacement who won't leave will be Huth

9 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

- Slimani

- Ulloa

- Fuchs

I can also see Kasper being made captain - only on the proviso that Morgan steps into a different role for the club 

Fuchs will see out his entire contract here.

Whilst I fully expect us to win the Champions League and therefore be playing in Europe again next season, there is a slight chance one of the underdogs could shock us which would mean that we aren't in Europe at all next season. I think then we have to work on streamlining the squad because with less games, the fringe players will get less game time and there will be some pretty unhappy players around the training ground.

A right back and a centre back have to be top of the shipping list, no excuses. Whilst I have no issue with Benny and Amartey backing up Morgan and Huth, I think we have to target someone good enough to go straight into the first 11, we don't need another backup standard player. I think the same should be said for right back. I rate Simpson, probably higher than a fair few on here, but do accept he is limited as a threat going forward. Trippier would be a great signing, the lad Bruno Conti at Atalanta we were linked with in January would offer something different, though I'm not sure how good he is at actually defending. I'm probably deluded for even saying the name, but Benjamin Henrichs at Leverkusen is going to be a top class right back.

I think we have to be pragmatic with squad size though as previously mentioned. The keeper situation is up in the air, I for one don't think Zieler is anywhere near as bad as others do IF Kasper is lured elsewhere. Pickford would be an excellent signings a replacement, but if Ron-Robert sees that and knows there are no plans for him as our keeper, I'm sure he'll look for a move, meaning we'd need a new number two. I expect Wasilewski to move on this summer, I'd also suggest that it's worth moving Benny on as if we do sign another CB, we'd be well stocked there including Amartey, though he has also been linked with a move away.

In the midfield I reckon Matty James and Mendy might well move on this summer. That would leave us with King backing up Drinky and Ndidi, if we could secure a Sigurdsson or Adrien, that'd be a hell of an upgrade on James, Mendy or King. You've also got the likes of Tom Lawrence who may come back into the fold next season, but with Mahrez potentially moving on, I think we'd need another Winger to play with Gray and Albrighton.

Up top it seems sensible to let Ulloa go, I imagine Musa could well be on his way too, which would leave Vardy, Shinji and Slim. Easy to say we'd need another striker, but without Europe, I'm not sure we do, especially as Lawrence can play there. But Slim might want out, meaning we would need another forward.

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

Fuchs will see out his entire contract here.

I'd like that to happen, but I know he has always had an interest in NFL and with his kicking technique and family in USA he could easily get a very decent contract punting with NFL

42 minutes ago, hatasi said:

i think carroll is an upgrade to ulloa. furthermore, he can play behind the striker because he can play with his back to defenders well unlike Slimani, he has the highest average of aerial duels wins in top 5 leagues up to now.

i read in skynews that west ham is willing to sell him so he is a realistic signing.

thanks for reply

Understood - but do we want a like for like replacement for Ulloa and Slimani - they don't get a game because they don't suit our style of play.

If we want to upgrade we need a number 10 style dynamo Okazaki replacement and we need competition for Vardy - which Musa seemingly isn't. I see no point in a big lad who can play with his back to goal - we have two slow injury and attitude prone of them now why buy the biggest tallest sick note in football to warm the bench?

14 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Kasper 

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Subs:

King/James

Gray

Albrighton

Slimani

Huth

Chillwell 

Pickford 

I do think the Richard the 3rd thing is a bit much and hocus pocus to me.

But ffs to put King James on the bench is taking the piss lollol

Do people honestly expect us to compete with likes of Everton in the transfer market?   I would say we now have the ability to compete with likes of Stoke and West Brom at the moment, Southampton at a push but I think likes of West Ham and Everton is still slightly out of our reach for another year maybe two for now. 

1 minute ago, The Blur said:

Do people honestly expect us to compete with likes of Everton in the transfer market?   I would say we now have the ability to compete with likes of Stoke and West Brom at the moment, Southampton at a push but I think likes of West Ham and Everton is still slightly out of our reach for another year maybe two for now. 

Actually that's not true for this coming year as we will have made the best part of 70million from our CL campaign and the owners have said all monies will be re invested into the club. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Actually that's not true for this coming year as we will have made the best part of 70million from our CL campaign and the owners have said all monies will be re invested into the club. 

Hmm,  I was thinking of the club's pulling power more than financial means.  I mean Everton have a well known manager and is an established PL club,  West Ham has that London factor and is also an established PL club.  Have we also completed with Everton for Schneiderlin last January for an example,  I honestly would have thought he would have chosen Everton over us.  

Would love us to sign Traore from Middlesborogh - looked an absolute tank against us and is only 21. Be interesting to see what kind of players we can actually attract here this season - obviously we're not in the same position as last year, but our ambition is certainly still there. Hopefully Shakey gets a bit of cash to splash, especially if Mahrez leaves. 

2 hours ago, Shaneb said:

- Slimani

- Ulloa

- Fuchs

Considering we don't have any European football next season, we need to trim down the squad as we won't have as many games.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3028373/ron-robert-zieler-could-return-to-bundesliga-amid-leicester-frustrations

Ron-Robert Zieler could return to Bundesliga amid Leicester frustrations

Ron-Robert Zieler has not ruled out a return to the Bundesliga after a difficult season at Premier League champions Leicester City.

Zieler, 28, joined Leicester from Hannover last summer but has made only 13 competitive appearances after being unable to displace Denmark keeper Kasper Schmeichel.

And Zieler, a 2014 World Cup winner, told kicker: "All that counts for me now is my difficult situation at Leicester. It's not an easy situation, but I have to confront it.

"Now is not the right time to just think about the future. My full focus is on the work here, maintaining a high intensity in training.

"Something can always happen, and I wouldn't forgive me to have to return to goal without being ready."

Zieler, who joined Leicester on a four-year deal, said he knew it was important to get fiurst-team football in order to boost his hopes of playing for Germany at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

With his old club Hannover 96 currently fighting to return to the Bundesliga, Zieler said a return could be an option.

"Independent of what happens in the summer, Hannover will always remain something special for me," he said.

"But I know that you can never rule anything out in football."

What about a left footed version of Albrighton, for a Mahrez replacement if he leaves? I seem to recall Villa under MON, finishing 5th/6th consistently with Downing & Young on the wings, who are very similar to Albrighton as they were good at defending & attacking.

We'd be a lot more solid defensively & still create chances. Someone like Volland who hasn't settled in at Leverkusen, would be perfect.

Archived