Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

The Foxestalk Food Association (FA) Cup Ro16 Pt1

Ro16 Pt1  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Match 1: Roast Chicken vs Irish Stew

• Roast Chicken w/ Stuffing
    • Irish Stew
  2. 2. Match 2 : Devonshire Cream Tea vs Ham, Egg and Chips

3. 3. Match 3 : Fish and Chips vs Cornish Pasty

4. 4. Match 4 : Toad in the Hole vs Roast Beef

• Toad in the Hole
    • Roast Beef w/ yorkies

After the excitement of the recently finished World Cup of Food by @TiffToff88 it's time to return to domestic matters. The first round of matches have thrown up some right humdingers with suprise world champions Fish and Chips up against the Cornish Pasty however two of the favorites, Roast Chicken and Roast Beef, have managed to avoid eachother.

Match 1 : Roast Chicken w/ stuffing vs Irish Stew

Match 2 : Devonshire Cream Tea vs Ham, Egg and Chips

Match 3 : Fish and Chips vs Cornish Pasty

Match 4 : Toad in the Hole vs Roast Beef w/ yorkies

Match 5 : Full English Breakfast vs Ploughmans

Match 6 : Welsh Rarebit vs Bangers and Mash

Match 7 : Chicken Tikka Masala vs Haggis

Match 8 : Shepherds Pie vs Steak Pie

Next set of matches will begin on Monday. Happy Voting.

I was planning on doing this myself in a few weeks time, but didn't want the hassle of coming up with all the dishes, and making the matches! My money is on the Full English to go all the way! It has everything that this forum loves in a meal - meat, lots of grease, and the word "English"

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

After the excitement of the recently finished World Cup of Food by @TiffToff88 it's time to return to domestic matters. The first round of matches have thrown up some right humdingers with suprise world champions Fish and Chips up against the Cornish Pasty however two of the favorites, Roast Chicken and Roast Beef, have managed to avoid eachother.

Match 1 : Roast Chicken w/ stuffing vs Irish Stew

Match 2 : Devonshire Cream Tea vs Ham, Egg and Chips

Match 3 : Fish and Chips vs Cornish Pasty

Match 4 : Toad in the Hole vs Roast Beef w/ yorkies

Match 5 : Full English Breakfast vs Ploughmans

Match 6 : Welsh Rarebit vs Bangers and Mash

Match 7 : Chicken Tikka Masala vs Haggis

Match 8 : Shepherds Pie vs Steak Pie

Next set of matches will begin on Monday. Happy Voting.

Ha! You denied Ploughman's was even a thing in a previous thread..

On March 31st Sharpe's Fox said:

"What even is a ploughmans though. A cob, some cheese, bit of ham some pickle and an apple. Put it on a board and its north of a tenner. Piss off. I have that in my pack up every other day."

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This is going to be Roast Chicken vs Roast Beef final what a matchup

Nah English Breakfast's got to be up there.

And I'm talking a proper English Breakfast: black pudding, mushrooms and tomatoes. None of this half-arsed, basic bitch Wetherspoons shite.

48 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This is going to be Roast Chicken vs Roast Beef final what a matchup

How'd Irish Stew get in the competition? This is pea wet all over again

Thought we needed something from all four of the home nations. Straight as it came up against roast chicken I knew it wouldn't last though

Anyone who voted for toad in hole is a soulless knobhead.  It looks like a tasteless and lazy creation of a hungover chef who spent the weekend partying and had to came up with a last minute dish for a Monday morning hand in at cookery school.  

"I know!  I'll use the leftover batter from the Sunday dinner, dunk in some spare sausages for good measure and stick it in the oven to see what happens"  

8 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Anyone who voted for toad in hole is a soulless knobhead.  It looks like a tasteless and lazy creation of a hungover chef who spent the weekend partying and had to came up with a last minute dish for a Monday morning hand in at cookery school.  

"I know!  I'll use the leftover batter from the Sunday dinner, dunk in some spare sausages for good measure and stick it in the oven to see what happens"  

when it's home made and done right it is a delight. proper sausage not shite ones, superb yorkshire pudding batter, onion gravy hell yeah. 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can we talk about how Ham Egg and Chips is beating Cream Tea?

Ham Egg and Chips has to be the most bland dish thats ever been made. 

Proper quality ham, perfectly cooked free range egg, top notch chips, nice bit of mustard, and we've got a potential winner there...

Guest seanfox778

Roast Chicken - complete mis-match.

Cream Tea - I'm not a huge chip fan to be honest and a couple slices of ham doesn't cut it for me as a meat main.

Cornish Pasty - again, not big on the old chips. The battered cod and sausages are lovely though. Seeing as I now live in Cornwall I'll go for this county's treasure, they're pretty darn tasty to be fair.

Roast Beef - quite close to call but it's got to be some rare beef.

Archived