Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How fcukin hard is it to find a centre half?i'm telling you mate, we aren't that bothered. We certainly aren't going out of our way to get one in. The bid for Evans was apparently before Maguire signed so in the last 8-9 weeks we've done fcuk all in regards to our defence yet in that time Huth's got injured, Morgan and Maguire have picked up knocks and Benalouane has turned in to Raoul Moat. As you were. 

We won't sign another CB this window, if we do I'll hold my hands up but it certainly won't be someone who's starting material.

I sincerely hope your wrong, but fear you may be right!

Team chemistry matters. You don't spend the last two seasons building this idea that players needs to stay, that this team is special, just to bail on players who have been part of the team's core. Yes, we absolutely need a healthy CB. There are very real concerns that neither Huth or Morgan will be able to maintain the requisite fitness to partner with Maguire this season. But we also need to find a CB who will respect the fact that this is something that needs to be handled properly. This isn't FM, Shakey's credibility with the team will be damaged if he up and permanently replaces both Morgan and Huth bc they've been dinged up. We saw what happened when this team received an influx of transfers who were gifted starting spots when Claudio did it, players were pissed, it fractured the locker room to an extent, and we sucked on the field. 

What we really need is for a younger player, like a Maguire, who isn't on the England Int'l track, to come on board this week. Someone who will keep an eye on the big picture, will be ok with some cup matches and spot starts and substitutions at first, and who will look to take over permanently over the course of the season. Obviously, if a player like Gibson or Smalling would be up for that, then of course you snag him, but we cannot behave like we're a big club and simply replace players who have performed exceptionally well in recent history just bc we can. It would be crapping all over two players who mean a great deal to this team, and it is very possible we would be the worse for it on the field despite playing the better CB.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sorry did I miss something.

The owners took the team and staff off to Dubai last year for a break and shopping. They were told by staff that it was no one was to drink. Best behaviour and such. The players wouldn't let the flight take off until the trolley was wheeled out. The staff had to give in. Out came the trolley.

30 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

The owners took the team and staff off to Dubai last year for a break and shopping. They were told by staff that it was no one was to drink. Best behaviour and such. The players wouldn't let the flight take off until the trolley was wheeled out. The staff had to give in. Out came the trolley.

Their level of drinking that trip was unbelievable. My brother was in the same hotel as them, personally I think the togetherness is a positive overall. No way we would have won the league without this unique and almost old fashioned bond. Keep swiggin' chaps.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

It's all a bit hysterical on here. If we don't sign another CB it's hardly the end of the world.

I agree, not the end of the world at all but could bite us on the arris given the question marks over Morgan and Huth's fitness and Benalouane now being alienated. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Their level of drinking that trip was unbelievable. My brother was in the same hotel as them, personally I think the togetherness is a positive overall. No way we would have won the league without this unique and almost old fashioned bond. Keep swiggin' chaps.

It's not the 'bonding' that's the issue. It's the fact that the owners and staff told them specifically that the trip wasn't a piss up, which is important given where we were in the league at the time. They pulled a mutiny on the plane and got what they wanted. 

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper - bet he didnt

simpson - probably did

morgan - probably did

huth - not sure 

fuchs - bet he didnt

albrighton - nope

ndidi - nope

drinks - more than likely did

riyad - defo didnt

shinji - nope

vards - definitely did

of the rest, the English lads likely did (hopefully not the young ones) and the foreign ones didn't. Boozing - it's a British disease! 

49 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

It's not the 'bonding' that's the issue. It's the fact that the owners and staff told them specifically that the trip wasn't a piss up, which is important given where we were in the league at the time. They pulled a mutiny on the plane and got what they wanted. 

But lost chicken burgers as punishment 

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha I know you said it was the players, but Shakey doesn't strike me as shy around a drink cart. Bet they didn't break his arm twisting it. 

Let me ask what happens if drinks leaves and harry gets a six week injury?  No one to bring the ball out and relying on Iborra getting to grips with our league to distribute and be our 'metronome'.  What if he can't hack it in the PL ???

btw, matty James is NOT drinkys replacement in our set up. He is just a better version of amartey. 

Having another CB that can bring the ball out would help the drinkwater leaving issue. 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Let me ask what happens if drinks leaves and harry gets a six week injury?  No one to bring the ball out and relying on Iborra getting to grips with our league to distribute and be our 'metronome'.  What if he can't hack it in the PL ???

btw, matty James is NOT drinkys replacement in our set up. He is just a better version of amartey. 

Having another CB that can bring the ball out would help the drinkwater leaving issue. 

Drinkwater has supposedly got an injury now. That can happen to any player, you just have to get on with it.

A decent article about Gibson and Maguire and Leicester get a mention. Maybe his recent omission by England is a reality check that his career has stalled for at least a season in the Championship. I'd imagine Gibson could be a player likely to leave in the next few days. 

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/blog/5145-ben-gibson-england-omission-does-it-change-anything

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A decent article about Gibson and Maguire and Leicester get a mention. Maybe his recent omission by England is a reality check that his career has stalled for at least a season in the Championship. I'd imagine Gibson could be a player likely to leave in the next few days. 

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/blog/5145-ben-gibson-england-omission-does-it-change-anything

This is a World Cup year and a huge chance for defenders to force themselves into the England squad. England aren't blessed with great defenders so now is the time to step up. Hopefully Gibson will see his pal Maguire get called up and use that as a springboard to make a move - unless he wants to be playing Champuonship football.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

This is a World Cup year and a huge chance for defenders to force themselves into the England squad. England aren't blessed with great defenders so now is the time to step up. Hopefully Gibson will see his pal Maguire get called up and use that as a springboard to make a move - unless he wants to be playing Champuonship football.

England don't have a centre half who you would say is established. I think both places are up for grabs and Gibson isn't in the race if he decided to play against Championship strikers.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

England don't have a centre half who you would say is established. I think both places are up for grabs and Gibson isn't in the race if he decided to play against Championship strikers.

Would argue that Cahill is established in the England team. I do think it's him +1 for now. He's a good defender, wouldn't under rate him. 

15 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Would argue that Cahill is established in the England team. I do think it's him +1 for now. He's a good defender, wouldn't under rate him. 

Whilst you're right I don't think his place in the England team is particularly solid like a Kane or Ali for example.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Whilst you're right I don't think his place in the England team is particularly solid like a Kane or Ali for example.

Yeah, agree. Beyond those two, I am struggling to think who are guaranteed starters. Maybe Lallana when fit? 

36 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I would agree but i don't think he has the spot locked up. Anyone showing good form could grab that spot.

Archived