Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

If indeed true it backs up my suspicions that we don't want another expected starter at the back over Maguire, Huth and Morgan. I think we're content with the options except for Benalouane and we are perhaps only looking for a backup to him. 

55 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sakho Sakho he's our man

if he can't stop them no-one can.

In all seriousness, we've spent about £55m and got back about £12m this summer. So, I'd be surprised if we would fund the purchase of any other signings without there being someone going out. On this basis, if we got Sakho on loan, I reckon that would suit all, no?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If indeed true it backs up my suspicions that we don't want another expected starter at the back over Maguire, Huth and Morgan. I think we're content with the options except for Benalouane and we are perhaps only looking for a backup to him. 

We don't unfortunately - Wes is being influential shall we say or rather we do, but senior players are putting pressure on the club.

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

Pressure to do what sorry - sign someone or leave as is? 

Not to sign another starter at CB which would make wes and Huth bench warmers 

'the lunatics are taking over the asylum'. It's one thing for the players to dictate but they need to deliver in the league and they didn't last season. 

If the senior players are making the running in stopping some recruitment then they can't moan at the end of a disappointing campaign that they need a move to experience success again or move their careers on. 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

'the lunatics are taking over the asylum'. It's one thing for the players to dictate but they need to deliver in the league and they didn't last season. 

If the senior players are making the running in stopping some recruitment then they can't moan at the end of a disappointing campaign that they need a move to experience success again or move their careers on. 

Sounds like a major disadvantage to having CS in charge 

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can I safely assume that this stuff about the players pulling strings is nothing more than speculation based on not much at all?

I'm guessing it's a bunch of bulls**t ... This is Shakey's big chance to shine, he is not going to be pushed around by the players 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There can't be many other reasons why we aren't actively pursuing a centre half, I've been saying it for weeks. It could be our downfall being too loyal to this aging defense.

I'm hoping that we are actively pursing a centre half and that we are being cagey about it. The fact that we don't have coverage for injuries has to be obvious to LCFC management.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Worrying

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There can't be many other reasons why we aren't actively pursuing a centre half, I've been saying it for weeks. It could be our downfall being too loyal to this aging defense.

Where is all this shite coming from?

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm hoping that we are actively pursing a centre half and that we are being cagey about it. The fact that we don't have coverage for injuries has to be obvious to LCFC management.

we are and have been looking for another CB.

But it seems on here if your not chasing the obvious your doing jack shite.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Battle of the ITK's

No battle from me I have said for weeks we are looking for another CB as that's the info I've been given. It's the eluding to the players being in charge shite that gets me.

If it was stringer saying it people would say it's made up shite. All he is doing is trying to cause trouble.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No battle from me I have said for weeks we are looking for another CB as that's the info I've been given. It's the eluding to the players being in charge shite that gets me.

If it was stringer saying it people would say it's made up shite. All he is doing is trying to cause trouble.

To be fair, the players do have previous...

Players are only human. If you look at it logically no one wants to lose their job or be replaced by someone younger so of course your going to moan its human nature. I know if my boss was getting someone else in to do my job I wouldn't be happy and I'd do everything I could to keep it . Doesn't mean the boss is going to listen though . 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

How fcukin hard is it to find a centre half?i'm telling you mate, we aren't that bothered. We certainly aren't going out of our way to get one in. The bid for Evans was apparently before Maguire signed so in the last 8-9 weeks we've done fcuk all in regards to our defence yet in that time Huth's got injured, Morgan and Maguire have picked up knocks and Benalouane has turned in to Raoul Moat. As you were. 

We won't sign another CB this window, if we do I'll hold my hands up but it certainly won't be someone who's starting material.

Archived