Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm not convinced by Gibson - I thought we always liked Centre Backs that could score the odd headed goal... Does Gibson do that?

All. Day. Long.

Honestly if player of the season wasn't just about the top 6 clubs and midfield and strikers this lad would be up there with the likes of Hazard Kante & Ibrahimovic - he's been quality.

Sign him up.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

All. Day. Long.

Honestly if player of the season wasn't just about the top 6 clubs and midfield and strikers this lad would be up there with the likes of Hazard Kante & Ibrahimovic - he's been quality.

Sign him up.

Fair enough - just thought he hasn't scored any goals at all really though has he?

They're favourites to go back straight up and he's related to their chairman.

So can understand he might be reluctant to move at this moment.

Maybe if Middlesbrough fail to get promoted, then next summer could be a better time to acquire him if he's still a transfer target at that time.

Just now, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Kante didn't want to come either...

Yes and he left as soon as he could, admittedly after a tremendous contribution.

Just don't want the possibility of more moaners stinking the place up and destabilising the dressing room with want-away talk.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he even that good? He's never shone whenever I've seen him. Steady yes, but no more than say Ben Mee. 

If you're comparing him to Ben Mee then you haven't watched him, or if you have you need to watch him more. There's no comparison, this boy is a quality cb and will form the future England partnership with Harry Maguire, mark my words. I said before we signed him, that Maguire would be in the England squad in the not to distant future, he's in the latest squad. If Gibson came to us, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in the next England squad, particularly if he was playing regularly alongside Maguire for us. I would play these two before Morgan and Huth or Cahill and Stones any day of the week. A massive missed opportunity if we don't sign this lad! Splash the cash, Maguire's value has already gone up with his inclusion in the current England squad.

2 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

If you're comparing him to Ben Mee then you haven't watched him, or if you have you need to watch him more. There's no comparison, this boy is a quality cb and will form the future England partnership with Harry Maguire, mark my words. I said before we signed him, that Maguire would be in the England squad in the not to distant future, he's in the latest squad. If Gibson came to us, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in the next England squad, particularly if he was playing regularly alongside Maguire for us. I would play these two before Morgan and Huth or Cahill and Stones any day of the week. A massive missed opportunity if we don't sign this lad! Splash the cash, Maguire's value has already gone up with his inclusion in the current England squad.

Burnley fans seem to think Ben Mee is better than Keane... Think he has better stats too.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he even that good? He's never shone whenever I've seen him. Steady yes, but no more than say Ben Mee. 

I think you make a great point here. He’s hyped... like Stones was. We’ve just signed a player in Maguire who I think will go on to be the sort of player everyone just assumed stones was. 

10 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Burnley fans seem to think Ben Mee is better than Keane... Think he has better stats too.

I was so pleased when we signed Maguire instead of Keane as I've always thought he was a far better player. I've never understood the hype about Keane, I never rated him when he was here and never rated him since, a steady player at best, same as Mee.

20 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think you make a great point here. He’s hyped... like Stones was. We’ve just signed a player in Maguire who I think will go on to be the sort of player everyone just assumed stones was. 

Stones is, and always has been one of the most overrated cbs ever imo. I couldn't believe that Man city even wanted him, let alone what they paid for him. Who's actually hyping Gibson? I don't see the same media attention that Stones received. I'm not interested in hype, only the player that I watched regularly last season as my in laws are Middlesboro fans.

Archived