Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

All. Day. Long.

Honestly if player of the season wasn't just about the top 6 clubs and midfield and strikers this lad would be up there with the likes of Hazard Kante & Ibrahimovic - he's been quality.

Sign him up.

If he was that good last season why is he still at Middlesbrough?

5 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

If he was that good last season why is he still at Middlesbrough?

F***k knows, unless he's holding out for a big offer from a big club. I'm sure if he he went to Man City he would play regularly, because I don't think they've got a better player in that position.

Looks a decent tackler, although He looks like he could get turned by quality premier strikers, as these highlights were from the Championship. Nothing on the clips really showing how good he is in the air. Not sure if this is his highlights that he is worth more than Maguire.

17m for Maguire and 25m for Gibson doesn't mean that Gibson is better !!  
It's an asking price a club who doesn't want or need to sell puts on a player. If you judge it against 50m for Stones or 30m for Evans then Gibson is a bargain but against 17m for Maguire he's expensive. 

It really looks like we stole Maguire at the moment.

44 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It's an asking price a club who doesn't want or need to sell puts on a player. If you judge it against 50m for Stones or 30m for Evans then Gibson is a bargain but against 17m for Maguire he's expensive. 

Yep. Pretty meaningless judging players on their price tag (*cough* Slim) rather than their actual performances. Said it when we bought Maguire that I would have been happy to pay 25m for him. Now he's got a call up that's another 5-10m additional on top.

As I have said (not sure if in this thread) I've been told we are after an Italian but no name.

I've just been told its Antonio Caracciolo from Verona. We have had a bid turned down but that's all I know for now.

Is he any good?

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

As I have said (not sure if in this thread) I've been told we are after an Italian but no name.

I've just been told its Antonio Caracciolo from Verona. We have had a bid turned down but that's all I know for now.

Is he any good?

Never heard of him to be fair

that said who knows?

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

and thats why we shouldnt believe everything you read on forums lol 

To be fair he was on the bench at the weekend.... but Caceres was ahead of him in the starting line up.

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Is he any good?

A 27 year old uncapped Italian who was in Serie B last season.

What's not to like? :mellow:

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

How many points over the course of the season will Gibson add that Huth won't?

Also, have people though that Gibson might not want to come here in the same way Sigurdsson never?

I don't want to see us go for another Hernandez/Benalouane - We're better off loaning someone in to provide competition to Huth, while Moore/Knight or other learn their trade this season & replace Huth next

Archived