Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I love how all the ITK's are now telling us a deal is close after CS intimated as much last night... strange they didn't say this before his comments.

and the deadline is also near so they would have to be close!

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I love how all the ITK's are now telling us a deal is close after CS intimated as much last night... strange they didn't say this before his comments.

To be honest I was expecting us to be linked to at least 6 in the media today after that comment.

Shakey seemed very confident things are happening. Cross our fingers. I think the imperative is to get us a healthy CB who is good on the ball, that will shore things up. Everything else is secondary right now, CB is a real hole.

With Man City reportedly (Daily Mirror today) signing Jonny Evans (for £30m !) and West Brom now actively pursuing Kevin Wimmer (having seemingly being priced out of Gibson after their £20m bid was rejected), I wonder if we're now in pole position for Gibson ?  I haven't seen anyone else linked with him, other than Man City and West Brom ?  I would guess Boro will be looking for a minimum of £25m, probably nearer £30m ?

5 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

With Man City reportedly (Daily Mirror today) signing Jonny Evans (for £30m !) and West Brom now actively pursuing Kevin Wimmer (having seemingly being priced out of Gibson after their £20m bid was rejected), I wonder if we're now in pole position for Gibson ?  I haven't seen anyone else linked with him, other than Man City and West Brom ?  I would guess Boro will be looking for a minimum of £25m, probably nearer £30m ?

Mind you, a couple of the 'ITK's', say that Gibson's not the imminent signing that has been lined up.  I suppose that doesn't mean he won't also be signed before the Deadline ?

i never get information about players and i definitely wouldnt class myself as 'ITK' BUT i have been told by quite a close friend to Steve Gibson that there is no chance Ben will come to Leicester. Middlesbrough don't want to sell and he is holding out for Man City and if they come in he will force the move through, if he doesnt get the move he will stay with Middlesbrough. He thinks it will go down to deadline day and all depends on Evans (number 1 target for Man CIty) if they cant get him they will sign Gibson.

32 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i never get information about players and i definitely wouldnt class myself as 'ITK' BUT i have been told by quite a close friend to Steve Gibson that there is no chance Ben will come to Leicester. Middlesbrough don't want to sell and he is holding out for Man City and if they come in he will force the move through, if he doesnt get the move he will stay with Middlesbrough. He thinks it will go down to deadline day and all depends on Evans (number 1 target for Man CIty) if they cant get him they will sign Gibson.

oh well well Maguire is a better player but if Gibson Goes to Man city then that means an automatic world cup spot and no chance for Harry

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

oh well well Maguire is a better player but if Gibson Goes to Man city then that means an automatic world cup spot and no chance for Harry

totally agree, i cant see why we dont make a move for Wimmer to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm not convinced by Gibson - I thought we always liked Centre Backs that could score the odd headed goal... Does Gibson do that?

nope plus he doesnt have an strong intimidating frame or look about him like our cyclops maguire has ;)

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

See Harry's just been named in the England squad for Malta and Slovakia games.

Archived