Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just read that if Burnley surpass Arsenal into 6th and therefore Arsenal have to play in the Europa League qualifying stages.... 

then Arsenal have to cancel an arrange pre season friendly against Atlético Madrid in Singapore. 

Irrelevant if Arsenal win this season's Europa league though, as they'll be in the Champions League.

• Like 1

Can't say I'll be disappointed to see the back of Stoke.

Decent away day and our record against them has been pretty good since we came up, but once the initial novelty of the throwback Pulis tactics and their subsequent winding up of the established order faded, they really haven't offered much to the division. Deserve it for 2008 too.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Irrelevant if Arsenal win this season's Europa league though, as they'll be in the Champions League.

And if they do that and So'ton win the FA cup, only the top 5 will be european spots. Imagine Dyches victim complex if they get into 6th and then that happens  

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

And if they do that and So'ton win the FA cup, only the top 5 will be european spots. Imagine Dyches victim complex if they get into 6th and then that happens  

Burnley would still qualify if Arsenal won the EL, wouldn’t they? The Europa league spots would go to Southampton and Burnley.

If Arsenal don’t win the Europa and Southampton win the FA cup then Burnley won’t qualify I think 

Edited by Wookie

45 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Burnley would still qualify if Arsenal won the EL, wouldn’t they? The Europa league spots would go to Southampton and Burnley.

If Arsenal don’t win the Europa and Southampton win the FA cup then Burnley won’t qualify I think 

Not in the scenario I've set. Assuming chelsea and spurs stay as they are, it's Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs for CL, Chelsea for Europa league through league. Southampton would take the FA cup qualification spot for the EL, leaving one more slot. At the moment that goes to 6th. If Burnley get ahead of arsenal and finish 6th they take it, but if Arsenal win the europa league they'll qualify for the CL - leaving Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal in the CL, Southampton and Chelsea in the europa league, and that's the maximum of seven slots allowed all filled.

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not in the scenario I've set. Assuming chelsea and spurs stay as they are, it's Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs for CL, Chelsea for Europa league through league. Southampton would take the FA cup qualification spot for the EL, leaving one more slot. At the moment that goes to 6th. If Burnley get ahead of arsenal and finish 6th they take it, but if Arsenal win the europa league they'll qualify for the CL - leaving Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal in the CL, Southampton and Chelsea in the europa league, and that's the maximum of seven slots allowed all filled.

Ah I completely forgot Chelsea existed lol

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Southampton and Arsenal winning would be absolutely magical. Would pay dearly to hear Dyche's reaction.

Worth a look at the other end of the table.

BIG CHANCES MISSED

Christian Benteke

Crystal Palace

Mohamed Salah

Liverpool

Harry Kane

Tottenham Hotspur

Álvaro Morata

Chelsea

Sergio Agüero

Manchester City

Alexandre Lacazette

Arsenal

Richarlison

Watford

Gabriel Jesus

Manchester City

Romelu Lukaku

Manchester United

Sadio Mané

Liverpool

Raheem Sterling

Manchester City

Glenn Murray

Brighton and Hove Albion

Dele Alli

Tottenham Hotspur

Dwight Gayle

Newcastle United

Olivier Giroud

Chelsea

Joselu

Newcastle United

Salomón Rondón

West Bromwich Albion

Alexis Sánchez

Manchester United

Son Heung-Min

Tottenham Hotspur

Marko Arnautovic

West Ham United

Vardy has only 6, Mahrez and Okazaki 5.  Our regular forward players have actually been clinical this season.

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

For keeping that squad in the PL, Hughton’s is arguably the managerial

achievement of the season? 

Good shout.  When I see those uniforms and half those names I still feel NBC must have put on the Championship feed by mistake.

Though I'm not sure Huddersfield's is any better.

• Haha 1

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not going to lie, after Kane's recent antics I find myself laughing every time he fluffs his lines in this game lol he hasn't scored since his ghost goal...

So poor from him a moment ago too when he got that backpass. It was an easy ball to Son as Son made the run past him, but he either ignored it or didn't see it and ended up turning into a Brighton defending and was lucky to get fouled. Really needs to improve his team play, and stop being so greedy. But I doubt he will given how desperate he was to steal that ghost goal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not going to lie, after Kane's recent antics I find myself laughing every time he fluffs his lines in this game lol he hasn't scored since his ghost goal...

Karma.JPG

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Forgot/hardly noticed him on the pitch on Saturday v Man City and until the free kick genuinely hadn't noticed him tonight either.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Forgot/hardly noticed him on the pitch on Saturday v Man City and until the free kick genuinely hadn't noticed him tonight either.

The free kick which he took from set piece taker Eriksen (got a habit of taking things from him) to drill straight in the wall lol

• Haha 1