Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Like sturridge - sos (shoot on sight) 

dele must get really peed off about it when results don't go for them. 

I saw him throw a bit of a strop a couple of times but it was warrented to be fair. A few times he was stood on his own in the box and a simple pass was on the cards to give him a shot at what would probably be an open goal. But Kane shot from ridiculous angles every time. 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I saw him throw a bit of a strop a couple of times but it was warrented to be fair. A few times he was stood on his own in the box and a simple pass was on the cards to give him a shot at what would probably be an open goal. But Kane shot from ridiculous angles every time. 

He did hit the post with one of them though 

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Chris Wood is now a Burnley player - cost them in the region of £15m.

Not sure that he'll cut it in this league tbh.

Although, if they go down, they'll have an experienced squad for the Championship and a striker that is rather potent at that level.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Chris Wood is now a Burnley player - cost them in the region of £15m.

Who'd have predicted that a few years back.

In other news, Dougie Freedman has been appointed Sporting Director at Crystal Palace and Steve McClaren is getting paid a fortune to consult to a club in Tel Aviv....

... Never give up hope of landing that dream job kids... 

18 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've mentioned it numerous time over the past couple of seasons. It's a massive failing in his game and for as much success as his goals bring the team, his selfishness holds them back.

In our title winning season I remember when we beat palace 1-0, Vardy got the ball on the left of goal about 6 yards out at tight angle, and chose to play across to Mahrez who scored. Around that time Spurs played Liverpool and Kane in a similar position tried to score. That was one of the difference between the two teams that year. For the couple of goals he scored more than Vardy how many chances to assist did he pass up? I think he's only got 2 or 3 assists over the past couple of seasons. Really poor for an attacking player in a good side.

It absolutely baffles me when people praise his all round game or call him a complete striker.

Burnley would genuinely rather go down and play the underdog card than spend the amount of money they actually need to.

If I was a Burnley fan (thank **** I'm not) I'd be livid with the persistent underspending as the club is showing absolutely zero ambition. 

Do do you reckon Deportivo fans would rather have their title or a much better balance sheet? Or Lazio during their glory days, I think everybody involved if given the choice would spend the money every single time.

Success and not spending huge amounts of money aren't mutually exclusive either, we won the league whilst spending very little in comparison to other sides but with intelligent scouting and some ambition we obviously overachieved.

Dyche is obviously a decent manager but he's like the little Penine Arsene Wenger, just content to be mediocre as long as the cash rolls in without even spending it.  Then conveniently "we can't compete" with other teams' spending which is just a horseshit excuse to mask the crippling lack of ambition. 

• Like 2

oDoesn't matter as we won the game but do you think this is unsporting or just another example of a professional trying to gain an advantage as such?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10996972/harry-arter-confuses-nathaniel-chalobah-by-pretending-to-be-one-of-his-watford-team-mates

Probably wish he'd done it as we scored the goals rather than leaving our player unmarked to shoot!

Edited by Super_horns

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

oDoesn't matter as we won the game but do you think this is unsporting or just another example of a professional trying to gain an advantage as such?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10996972/harry-arter-confuses-nathaniel-chalobah-by-pretending-to-be-one-of-his-watford-team-mates

Probably wish he'd done it as we scored the goals rather than leaving our player unmarked to shoot!

Personally I think it's shocking. He should at the very least get a warning from the FA for unsporting behaviour. 

• Like 3