Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

14 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Another twist. I'm being told we have offered him a new 4 year contract worth £65,000 a week.

Showing how much we want to keep him. 

probably knowing Spurs won't match or beat that. 

That is an obscene amount for a youngster who's shown little progress during his time here.

1 minute ago, Simi said:

£25m knocked back from Bourno according to Sky.

I would seriously consider a bid like that. Has the Jordan Ibe vibe to it. 

No sell for me.

He will still be worth the same in a year and if he breaks into the team and does well he will be worth more / important first team player.

With the lack of depth in wingers we have anyway, it's a no brainer to keep.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't really give much of a shite if Gray left City?

I'd be more bothered just about a lack of numbers in the squad, if he went, than him

If that makes sense.

Have you actually read any of the thread? More than a few people saying cash in. 

1 minute ago, Simi said:

No sell for me.

He will still be worth the same in a year and if he breaks into the team and does well he will be worth more / important first team player.

With the lack of depth in wingers we have anyway, it's a no brainer to keep.

This late in the transfer window and with Mahrez on the cusp of leaving, I would probably agree with you. Our squad is paper thin in wide areas so it would be suicidal, despite Gray's inconsistencies, to sell now. But £25m is an obscene amount for a player who's as raw and unproven as Gray.

Just now, shen said:

This late in the transfer window and with Mahrez on the cusp of leaving, I would probably agree with you. Our squad is paper thin in wide areas so it would be suicidal, despite Gray's inconsistencies, to sell now. But £25m is an obscene amount for a player who's as raw and unproven as Gray.

Is it? You mentioned Jordan Ibe yourself, Gray has done as much, if not more than he had by the time he got his move. 

The premium on young English talent should not be ignored and in this market, £25m does not represent that. Add to that we don't need the money, we need the depth in our squad. We cannot buy better / similar potential for this amount. 

Just now, Simi said:

Is it? You mentioned Jordan Ibe yourself, Gray has done as much, if not more than he had by the time he got his move. 

The premium on young English talent should not be ignored and in this market, £25m does not represent that. Add to that we don't need the money, we need the depth in our squad. We cannot buy better / similar potential for this amount. 

Of course we can. Haven't we just gotten Maguire for around £17m? Didn't we get Gray for £3m in the first place? Mahrez for the famous 400k? Albrighton for free? Even bloody Iheanacho, who has a superb record at this level cost £25m and you're telling me there's no-one out there better than Gray at that price? lol

1 minute ago, shen said:

Of course we can. Haven't we just gotten Maguire for around £17m? Didn't we get Gray for £3m in the first place? Mahrez for the famous 400k? Albrighton for free? Even bloody Iheanacho, who has a superb record at this level cost £25m and you're telling me there's no-one out there better than Gray at that price? lol

That's what I'm saying. On deadline day. Unless you have any names? Then again, I seem to be in the majority when it comes to rating Gray and seeing the potential he has.

Just now, Simi said:

That's what I'm saying. On deadline day. Unless you have any names? Then again, I seem to be in the majority when it comes to rating Gray and seeing the potential he has.

We got Gray in the January window. We could cope for 4 months without him and get someone in then, especially if Mahrez doesn't leave (Chilwell on the left wing). It would be risky, but it is astonishing value for Gray.

I don't know if you're in the majority or not, but if that gives you comfort, be my guest, I don't give a monkey's.

Everyone can see the attributes he possesses, but on evidence so far, he has not shown that he has what it takes, just like Jordon Ibe never has (and has done exactly nowt at Bournemouth since his move).

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Some idiots. We can't support a bank balance. If he goes and Riyad too we're West Brom. 

As I said, this late in the window, it would be very risky. However, £25m could be put to better use, I'm pretty sure of that. I don't care about the club making a buck, I care about the club using that money to strengthen the squad.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

As I said, this late in the window, it would be very risky. However, £25m could be put to better use, I'm pretty sure of that. I don't care about the club making a buck, I care about the club using that money to strengthen the squad.

You think we've got suitable replacements for DD Riyad and Gray waiting with a pen?

Just now, ronnup said:

You think we've got suitable replacements for DD Riyad and Gray waiting with a pen?

I have no idea, frankly. But are you not reading what I'm saying? It would be risky, hence why I, as a fan, would want to see replacements before we sell them all at once.

All I'm saying is: £25m for Gray is above his market value, judging by the talent we have brought in over the last few years.

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

"Likes the idea of working with Eddie Howe" and "keen on move"

According to SSN

I "like the idea" of him not being a mardy little shit and actually being as good as he thinks he is. 

Jesus, does anyone actually want to be here anymore?

Archived