Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

8 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

He would do well to take a look at how those ahead of him play the winger role and then a good hard look at himself. I believe he has great potential, but he really has to apply himself much more, and consistently too, in order to be considered for a starting spot in my opinion. He couldn't really wish for better examples to learn from than Mahrez and Albrighton and if he could take the best from them and add in his own talent he will go right to the top.

I'm saying Gray has a point, he hasn't had enough game time full stop.

Id take £30m to be fair. I think he has alot of potential but hes not going to displace Albrighton or Mahrez. We could get an upgrade on Gray with  £30m. Or even get Townsend and have some money left towards a new centre back

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Id take £30m to be fair. I think he has alot of potential but hes not going to displace Albrighton or Mahrez. We could get an upgrade on Gray with  £30m. Or even get Townsend and have some money left towards a new centre back

displace Albrighton? don't you think we need to rotate the positions a little bit if we're to progress?

Just now, splinterdream said:

displace Albrighton? don't you think we need to rotate the positions a little bit if we're to progress?

Not really. We didn't rotate much when we won the league and if Albrighton ans Mahrez are playing well, then why drop them? We have no european games so no reason to keep changing the team, especially if we are doing well. And lets be honest, hes worth nowhere near £30m. Roma thought Mahrez was worth  £30m and Bournemouth think Gray is worth  £30m 

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If you could get a better player than Gray for less than £30 million why don't Bournemouth buy that player instead?

£30 million is tempting even though we don't need the money and he's obviously got potential. But he's a pain in the arse to keep happy so maybe sell and buy another youngster and palm them off for a few seasons with the odd start and sub appearance. Anything for an easy life Leicester.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£30 million is tempting even though we don't need the money and he's obviously got potential. But he's a pain in the arse to keep happy so maybe sell and buy another youngster and palm them off for a few seasons with the odd start and sub appearance. Anything for an easy life Leicester.

tempting, but this is a player that has huge potential, if we can keep him happy we'd easily get 50 million in a few years. why sell at 30 when we can develop into a 50

Its a really tough situation as i get that he wants to play but he hasnt done enough to displace Mahrez or Albrighton and there is no way we could get all 3 into the team. He has potential yes but at the moment in time 30mill could be reinvested in areas of the pitch we actually need to strenghten.

7 minutes ago, Soundman said:

tempting, but this is a player that has huge potential, if we can keep him happy we'd easily get 50 million in a few years. why sell at 30 when we can develop into a 50

but if he doesnt play that value will go down and there isnt a place for him in our team currently.

IF the cherries are offering £30m and he is demanding a first team starting spot or leave then drive him to the South Coast.

Never will replace Riyad imo and i remain far from convinced he had anything other than talent - you need commitment, patience, listening, mental strength and the right attitude as well as a brain - he has a number of flaws which are wider than naivety and I think he will be a player that promises a lot but will fail for some of the above shortcomings!

Top should do the deal get the £30m in the bank then fly him down to Bournemouth in his helicopter...once landed there's no need to remind him to turn right not left when he gets out.....

1 hour ago, Worthington said:

He's already, reportedly, NOT  a happy little bunny in the burrow! Can't see that improving unless CS panders to him and makes him a regular starter !

The media also once said that Leicester were going to sign Balotelli and I lost £10 on that bet

19 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

He would do well to take a look at how those ahead of him play the winger role and then a good hard look at himself. I believe he has great potential, but he really has to apply himself much more, and consistently too, in order to be considered for a starting spot in my opinion. He couldn't really wish for better examples to learn from than Mahrez and Albrighton and if he could take the best from them and add in his own talent he will go right to the top.

I agree about he should be learning from those two but how he is supposed to prove himself consistently if he only gets dribs and drabs. I really think it would be a mistake to let him go but the kid needs game time. Unfortunately for him Albrighton is Mr consistent and If mahrez stays he's pretty much undroppable 

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I agree about he should be learning from those two but how he is supposed to prove himself consistently if he only gets dribs and drabs. I really think it would be a mistake to let him go but the kid needs game time. Unfortunately for him Albrighton is Mr consistent and If mahrez stays he's pretty much undroppable 

Albrighton is Mr consistent, not just in his neverending workrate but also in his peach of a pass or cross

Mahrez is just magic, has 3 assists in two games & can be unplayable - Even off-form he takes 2/3 opposition players out the game.

Gray may have forced himself into 1st team plans, but who do you drop - Without it causing similar problem

Albrighton, Mahrez & Okazaki are all performing... I'm afraid there just isn't room for Gray yet as a starter, but he could deffo come on earlier off the bench

Or how about Okazaki as sub, with Gray starting behind Vardy

4 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Albrighton is Mr consistent, not just in his neverending workrate but also in his peach of a pass or cross

Mahrez is just magic, has 3 assists in two games & can be unplayable - Even off-form he takes 2/3 opposition players out the game.

Gray may have forced himself into 1st team plans, but who do you drop - Without it causing similar problem

Albrighton, Mahrez & Okazaki are all performing... I'm afraid there just isn't room for Gray yet

I definitely think there's room for Gray to get 25-30 mins in games though either as a sub for Albrighton, Mahrez or Okazaki. The problem is we have about 30 strikers who needs games as well.

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

IF the cherries are offering £30m and he is demanding a first team starting spot or leave then drive him to the South Coast.

Never will replace Riyad imo and i remain far from convinced he had anything other than talent - you need commitment, patience, listening, mental strength and the right attitude as well as a brain - he has a number of flaws which are wider than naivety and I think he will be a player that promises a lot but will fail for some of the above shortcomings!

HOW do you know this lol do you know him personally? All he wants to do is play games, what has that got to do with commitment.

Think Shakespeare needs to reassure him he has a future long term and discuss the possibility of an improved contract for a longer duration (no release clauses) with an agreement to send him out on loan to another PL team (e.g Bournemouth) to get the experience and playing time that he desires/needs to prepare him for our first team. Win, win, win situation for all parties concerned. 

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

Think Shakespeare needs to reassure him he has a future long term and discuss the possibility of an improved contract for a longer duration (no release clauses) with an agreement to send him out on loan to another PL team (e.g Bournemouth) to get the experience and playing time that he desires/needs to prepare him for our first team. Win, win, win situation for all parties concerned. 

Agreed. Good point 

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

I think he's too good and too close to the first team to go out on loan - a bit like Chilwell. 

He's on the bench at the moment and will have to wait his turn to get into the team. He's next on the pitch if Riyad (or Albrighton) gets injured or drops in form, and will get plenty of games for us this year. No need to go elsewhere. 

24 minutes ago, Milo said:

I think he's too good and too close to the first team to go out on loan - a bit like Chilwell. 

He's on the bench at the moment and will have to wait his turn to get into the team. He's next on the pitch if Riyad (or Albrighton) gets injured or drops in form, and will get plenty of games for us this year. No need to go elsewhere. 

I think his worry is Mahrez dropped form last year and he still didn't really get a sniff.

Added to the fact that his competition for a place declared he wanted to leave and looked like he was on his way out a month ago, but gray was still second choice against west Brom and Liverpool in China

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

If you could get a better player than Gray for less than £30 million why don't Bournemouth buy that player instead?

I dont deal with transfers at Bournemouth so i couldn't tell you. Im just making the point that at his current level of ability he has not done anything to suggest hes worth that amount of money. Yes he has potential and he MAY go on to be worth that kind of money, but hes definitely not worth that now. Hence why i reckon we should sell him. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I dont deal with transfers at Bournemouth so i couldn't tell you. Im just making the point that at his current level of ability he has not done anything to suggest hes worth that amount of money. Yes he has potential and he MAY go on to be worth that kind of money, but hes definitely not worth that now. Hence why i reckon we should sell him. 

If we sell him, we sell him but I'm not sure we'll get better for less.

16 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Not really. We didn't rotate much when we won the league and if Albrighton ans Mahrez are playing well, then why drop them? We have no european games so no reason to keep changing the team, especially if we are doing well. And lets be honest, hes worth nowhere near £30m. Roma thought Mahrez was worth  £30m and Bournemouth think Gray is worth  £30m 

When we won the league all pundits, ex-players and commentators were saying it's a miracle we got through it without any injuries, others fans thought the players were on drugs, we were lucky, you can't play a full season like that all the time, besides if we have ambition for European football you would want to build a squad that could cope with all competitions, I'm afraid a good Premier league manager should be skilled at squad management as well as team tactical management 

Archived