Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

Just now, themightyfin said:

Another twist. I'm being told we have offered him a new 4 year contract worth £65,000 a week.

Shoeing God much we want to keep him. 

probably knowing Spurs won't match or beat that. 

why would it matter if spurs could beat it, if the offers been rejected his tied up until 2020

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Another twist. I'm being told we have offered him a new 4 year contract worth £65,000 a week.

Showing how much we want to keep him. 

Do you think we'll sign anyone mate?

I want to play more, I want first team football, look at the clubs that want me. Oh new contract more money thank you very much. His agent has played a blinder and deserves a clap he's made a load of money out of a player that was never going to move 

1 minute ago, Lcfcbisto said:

I want to play more, I want first team football, look at the clubs that want me. Oh new contract more money thank you very much. His agent has played a blinder and deserves a clap he's made a load of money out of a player that was never going to move 

The club aren't stupid. They won't just give him a new contract on the back of that. There has obviously been movement.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Showing how much we want to keep him. 

Why? Why? I like gray but why another new deal? Did he do for the club enough to deserve that? £35-£40k I can stomach, but £65k!! 

I expect at least a £70 million release clause, Rudkin!

And please don't hold it against the lad because the club wants to overpay him

Good grief - we are being pulled all over the park... by agents and clubs.  I think there is a big leadership vacuum.  

I have always believed that weak leadership and poor negotiation is the fasted way to lose money...  we watch Kyle walker  being sold for a fortune and Stoke paying 18M for some RB I have never heard of... and yet we are asked to sell Mahrez for £30M and drinky for £15M; we've got agents breathing life in to deals by slapping in transfer request meanwhile Ulloa, Gray, James etc are all getting new contracts... it must be like Chicken Lickin: the sky is gonna fall... panic panic panic.  What a circus!

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The club aren't stupid. They won't just give him a new contract on the back of that. There has obviously been movement.

Paper talk about clubs like Liverpool and Spurs, how would that get him more game time, or teams live Bournemouth, why would he go there, like I said before well done to his agent 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Why? Why? I like gray but why another new deal? Did he do for the club enough to deserve that? £35-£40k I can stomach, but £65k!! 

I expect at least a £70 million release clause, Rudkin!

And please don't hold it against the lad because the club wants to overpay him

It's been pretty clear that we have to offer him a new contract if we aren't going to sell him. and we have stated on several occasions that he isn't for sale. So the amount of the contract becomes the question. 65 seems quite generous for a lad of his age - I hope he copes with it. 

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

In 2 years time, £65k a week will seem like loose change thrown into a "wishing" fountain.

The kids got talent, exciting and with a touch more maturity will be a steel for the £3 mill paid and this supposed new contract.

Give him £65k a week in 2019, this is 2017, he shouldn't get more than £40k.

That's what wrong, you don't pay for potential unless you are buying.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It's been pretty clear that we have to offer him a new contract if we aren't going to sell him. and we have stated on several occasions that he isn't for sale. So the amount of the contract becomes the question. 65 seems quite generous for a lad of his age - I hope he copes with it. 

Like I said, give him £40k, this is just an over kill. He shouldn't get £1.35 million more a year than he should!

He is probably Mahrez replacement and that was always the intention.

We managed to keep Mahrez for longer than we thought we could but now it's Gray's time to shine and be told he's going to be first choice and get a run of games. That way he can play without the pressure of thinking he has to impress or turn a game single handedly.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He is probably Mahrez replacement and that was always the intention.

We managed to keep Mahrez for longer than we thought we could but now it's Gray's time to shine and be told he's going to be first choice and get a run of games. That way he can play without the pressure of thinking he has to impress or turn a game single handedly.

Agreed time for Gray to show us what he is made off, will take him a bit of time but he defiantly has goals and assists in him

With regular starts I think he'll score goals and will pass. I think when he comes on as a sub his instructions are to take it to the opposition, which results in him looking greedy, with starts his instructions will be different and he will look for passes more. (I hope!)

I can't get my head around this at all. The guys not rated at all by the club but we don't want to cash in and are increasing his wages?

All I can think is that were hoping his under 21 appearances for England will further increase his value. Madness.

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I can't get my head around this at all. The guys not rated at all by the club but we don't want to cash in and are increasing his wages?

All I can think is that were hoping his under 21 appearances for England will further increase his value. Madness.

Eh? :blink:

Archived