Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

For sure, he should do his talking on the pitch.

Like he did last time at Old Trafford, he probably needs to score a great goal get his confidence back up and then that will give Shakespeare food for thought.

The club doesn't owe him anything. Like Mahrez, he needs to keep focused on the field.

5 hours ago, cc_star said:

Or how about Okazaki as sub, with Gray starting behind Vardy

Surely not, that spot behind Vardy is already the most competitive one in the squad without playing Gray out of position there as well..

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I think his worry is Mahrez dropped form last year and he still didn't really get a sniff.

Agree - but Shakey played Riyad (however bad) because he knew that he might, just might produce a moment of brilliance which could get us 3 points. Pretty sure that he knew Riyad could do it - as he's obviously witnessed it before - buy Gray was a bit more of a gamble. 

Things are a bit less mad this year, so I think Gray will probably have some decent playing time. 

The problem is he's the only other real option as a winger we have,   if both our curent wingers got injured he'd replace one but who would replace the other . Only leaves Musa or perhaps Nacho . So although he's not pulling up trees he should at least be coming on for more time and not always for the same player he could replace either of the wingers keeping them fresher. Whilst getting game time every match 

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He has even less chance of playing at spurs!

I think he would play more there. They seem to have a lot more trust in young players and they have more games. He would improve massively under Pochettino.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shakespeare limited him to 5-10 minutes off the bench this season.

I also think Spuds will be better for his career, but I don't see us getting rid with one week to go and leaving Musa as our first (only) backup winger..

Zero mention of any Spurs link on Twitter or the fighting cock atm

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

It means hes 6 times more likely to goto Spurs than Bournemouth according to PP. 

And he's 6-4 with the same firm to stay if you ring them

Well if you can get 6/4 to stay there is some context and that sounds an amazing price.

The bookies think Gray is more likely to be a Tottenham player than a Leicester player next week? That sounds unbelievable.

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well if you can get 6/4 to stay there is some context and that sounds an amazing price.

The bookies think Gray is more likely to be a Tottenham player than a Leicester player next week? That sounds unbelievable.

Mate I don't make the odds! Hope he stays though 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

They do on PP according to fin. Means you can guarantee money backing him to stay on PP and leave on skybet. 

Approx 1/2 to stay though Spurs odds are coming in all the time over the past 24 hours. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

No.

People who have bet at bookies think Gray is more likely to be a Tottenham player than a Leicester player next week and the bookies have adjusted the odds accordingly.

That is how bookmakers work. It's not magic, it's not inside information - it's pure and simple maths.

On 8/25/2017 at 05:49, Ric Flair said:

I definitely think there's room for Gray to get 25-30 mins in games though either as a sub for Albrighton, Mahrez or Okazaki. The problem is we have about 30 strikers who needs games as well.

23 hours ago, Milo said:

I think he's too good and too close to the first team to go out on loan - a bit like Chilwell. 

He's on the bench at the moment and will have to wait his turn to get into the team. He's next on the pitch if Riyad (or Albrighton) gets injured or drops in form, and will get plenty of games for us this year. No need to go elsewhere. 

Both good points. I've said before (oh no, am I starting to sound like Col?!) that he's in that twilight zone of being too good for U23s but not quite starting XI, and as a result, not playing much football. @Milo, totally like Chilly, Slim, and possibly Amartey (latter because of his versatility, and ability to over RB). 

@Ric Flair - I totally agree with you, he could be integrated into games more. Maybe we watch more critically, but I'm sure other managers seem to use subs more effectively. I guess, using subs is about tactically adapting to the in game situation, and we've only had two league games, and possibly v Brighton, you could argue he could have been brought on sooner, but I think the more mins were for (a) reward to the starters for playing well (b) to keep building match fitness, and (c) a reaction to the impact of the changes vs Arsenal

21 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Both good points. I've said before (oh no, am I starting to sound like Col?!) that he's in that twilight zone of being too good for U23s but not quite starting XI, and as a result, not playing much football. @Milo, totally like Chilly, Slim, and possibly Amartey (latter because of his versatility, and ability to over RB). 

@Ric Flair - I totally agree with you, he could be integrated into games more. Maybe we watch more critically, but I'm sure other managers seem to use subs more effectively. I guess, using subs is about tactically adapting to the in game situation, and we've only had two league games, and possibly v Brighton, you could argue he could have been brought on sooner, but I think the more mins were for (a) reward to the starters for playing well (b) to keep building match fitness, and (c) a reaction to the impact of the changes vs Arsenal

Good to see some actual analysis on Gray. In my mind it makes no sense selling him regardless of the offer.

my thoughts are, if we sell Gray this summer and manage to keep Mahrez, come January or next summer Mahrez will again look for that big move. Yeah we have 70 mil of whatever but left without 2 decent players 

Archived