Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

9 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Kante must be a total donkey with all those tackles he makes.

'Kante, one of the best players in the Premier League since he's been here, averages more tackles per game than any other player'.

Love stats.

Probably more tackles than a couple of players put together !!

Miss that little pocket Rocket at this club !!

On 19/05/2017 at 13:35, Thracian said:

He could thrive in our team if we got ourselves sorted. 

True, if we sign some more players with real quality and the ability to consistently carve out chances then opposition teams could not afford to constantly use 2/3 players to mark out Mahrez. The day this happens I will be confident we will see the Mahrez of last season.

Hope I'm proved wrong but I'm a bit pessimistic about us being able to sign quality players this summer that would help him thrive.

15 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Maldini and Xabi Alonso might have been up there with Europe's top players but they would clearly have been shit managers with the shite they talk. Great footballers don't always make intelligent people. There is not a successful team in history who haven't had players who could win the ball. You can be as silky as you like but if you can't get the ball off the opposition you have no hope of scoring.

And tackles have nothing to do with you already having made a mistake, it's to do with the opposition player making the mistake of giving you a chance to tackle them. And positioning alone won't win you the ball either. Messi couldn't care less if you're standing in the right place, make a rubbish challenge and all of a sudden you'll be standing in the wrong place.

By their logic, there is no point in challenging for a header (nothing more than an aerial tackle) because that means you've already screwed up something. What a load of absolute nonsense.

Quite what this has to do with Mahrez, who was useless at defending even when he was in the top 3 Premier League players of last season, I'm not sure.

If your assessment is true (I personally think he works hard at defending but does not have the defending physical attributes), then explain to me why in the world did Ranieri and Shakespeare insist on him tracking back and defending for a stretch of about 90 games when he is useless at defending as you say. Why did they waste his energy and waste chances for the team to attack if that's the case.

btw, in reply to your last points, he was THE top Premier League Player last season.

Should take a look at Kane, at Alli, at Sane.... Look how hardworking they are.

I'm not talking about "defending" just put in a shift. Fed up of him sulking and feeling sorry for himself as soon as someone tugs on his shirt. 

Sane nudged him off the ball as if he was about 10.

6 hours ago, the fox said:

Just hope he honers the shirt by giving us one last great game. If he is gonna leave, I just hope he does it on a high note.

He's been dishonouring the shirt all season with his attitude what makes you think one more game is going to make any difference ? It has become clear he never wanted to be here this season from the start. the sooner he's gone the better. He is getting ambition mixed up with ability , he's no Kante .

1 hour ago, MattCan said:

If your assessment is true (I personally think he works hard at defending but does not have the defending physical attributes), then explain to me why in the world did Ranieri and Shakespeare insist on him tracking back and defending for a stretch of about 90 games when he is useless at defending as you say. Why did they waste his energy and waste chances for the team to attack if that's the case.

btw, in reply to your last points, he was THE top Premier League Player last season.

You don't have to be good at defending to track back and assist the full back.

Most teams play with attacking full backs in the prem so the wingers must track back to stop simple 1 2s exploiting the space.

Foxestalk when all we had was hard working players and were an average middle of the Championship club - "I wish we had someone with a bit of flair who could beat a man and score goals)

Foxestalk now.

20 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

He's been dishonouring the shirt all season with his attitude what makes you think one more game is going to make any difference ? It has become clear he never wanted to be here this season from the start. the sooner he's gone the better. He is getting ambition mixed up with ability , he's no Kante .

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Should take a look at Kane, at Alli, at Sane.... Look how hardworking they are.

I'm not talking about "defending" just put in a shift. Fed up of him sulking and feeling sorry for himself as soon as someone tugs on his shirt. 

Sane nudged him off the ball as if he was about 10.

On 2017-5-19 at 16:02, kingfox said:

He's been more frustrating than good this season though.

He's probably played well in what, 1 in every 5 games or something along those lines.

Apart from last season he's never been a consistent player, this season though some of his performances have took the piss.

For a guy who could be on the brink of a move to a Champions League side, he is currently playing like the new Remy Cabella.

On 2017-5-19 at 15:49, the fox said:

Its obvious that its time to go. I can't see the team changing to accommodate his set of skills so the best thing is for him to leave with a decent fee and be replaced by a player that fits the system more.

On 2017-5-19 at 00:54, TK95 said:

Just go

On 2017-5-19 at 08:34, Ted Maul said:

As great as he was last season, there was no point him even being on the pitch 80% of the time this season.

Depressing ain't it?

Mahrez is our best player by a million miles. We need to learn to accommodate a talent like him in our side. Getting him to defend on the right hand side of midfield in a 4-4-2 isn't the way forward. We've been way too defensive this season (difficult not to when we don't have anyone, bar Mahrez, who can actually play decent football and we don't have Kante to cover that).

We need to have a bit of a rethink. If we can convince Mahrez to stay then perfect but I wouldn't mind seeing us buy a few players who can actually hold onto the ball a bit better in order to give Mahrez the room he deserves and needs.

Mahrez in a side like Spurs, Arsenal or Man City (all three clubs would love to sign him) would be utterly ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Foxestalk when all we had was hard working players and were an average middle of the Championship club - "I wish we had someone with a bit of flair who could beat a man and score goals)

Foxestalk now.

Depressing ain't it?

Mahrez is our best player by a million miles. We need to learn to accommodate a talent like him in our side. Getting him to defend on the right hand side of midfield in a 4-4-2 isn't the way forward. We've been way too defensive this season (difficult not to when we don't have anyone, bar Mahrez, who can actually play decent football and we don't have Kante to cover that).

We need to have a bit of a rethink. If we can convince Mahrez to stay then perfect but I wouldn't mind seeing us buy a few players who can actually hold onto the ball a bit better in order to give Mahrez the room he deserves and needs.

Mahrez in a side like Spurs, Arsenal or Man City (all three clubs would love to sign him) would be utterly ridiculous.

You know how much I love riyad, but it doesn't look like we gonna get the best out of him, I have been saying it for more than a year now, in a better side, he is easily a top 10 player in the league, easily! 

He is wasted in this team, this season proved that the management isn't looking for an overlapping RB or a box to box mid to link up with him.

You think the riyad "hate" here is stronger, there are people on twitter saying that they never liked him and even hated him. (Even last season)

Like I said, the best thing for everyone is for him to leave.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Foxestalk now.

Depressing ain't it?

To be fair times do change, mahrez probably earns more a week than the first 11 did in the championship.

just because he had an unbelievable season, he shouldn't be exempt from critism.

i don't remember so many people having Vardys back when he couldn't hit a barn door.

Also he only has 3 goals from open play so the majority still want a player that beats a man and scores goals.

he doesn't look like he wants to be here so let's hope we get a lot of money for him and he goes on to have a good career.

just not in the prem 

With regards to Spurs - Pochettino expects his front four to work tirelessly. Riyad isn't this type of player 

Yes, he can be disciplined defensively but he isn't a presser at the top of the pitch, never has been.

Besides, he won't get in ahead of Eriksen and Alli, with Son bagging 20 goals this season.

You have to ask if he is actually massive upgrade at the moment.

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Foxestalk now.

Depressing ain't it?

Vardy is our best and most important player, not Mahrez. Have you see our depressing style of play? We wouldn't score goals if Vardy wasn't leading that line so we could play that same ball to him.

Have you seen how hard working Spurs players are? Did you see how many times Kane worked and worked to win balls back, occasionally on the half way line. Kane, Son, Alli all have ability but are all hardworking and that's my point. There is no way Mahrez would get into a Pochettino side.

I'm not asking Mahrez to run around like Hume. No. But I do expect him to work harder than he currently is doing. He is easy pushed off the ball, he doesn't look bothered and whenever an opposition player leaves one on him that's Mahrez done for the game. Messi glides with the ball but he's not easily knocked off it.

Mahrez has had one good season. Can't see a major top club bidding for him on the back of one season.

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

To be fair times do change, mahrez probably earns more a week than the first 11 did in the championship.

just because he had an unbelievable season, he shouldn't be exempt from critism.

i don't remember so many people having Vardys back when he couldn't hit a barn door.

Also he only has 3 goals from open play so the majority still want a player that beats a man and scores goals.

he doesn't look like he wants to be here so let's hope we get a lot of money for him and he goes on to have a good career.

just not in the prem 

Why? Because everyone is afraid to admit that its the lack of quality in the team that's effecting him.

He is the same old player with the same body language from last year, and the year before that, AND the year before that. People were going after him because he didn't track back in a preseason friendly game, that will tell you something.

I agree that he should move on, but I can't agree with people accusing him of sulking and not wanting to be here.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Why? Because everyone is afraid to admit that its the lack of quality in the team that's effecting him.

He is the same old player with the same body language from last year, and the year before that, AND the year before that. People were going after him because he didn't track back in a preseason friendly game, that will tell you something.

I agree that he should move on, but I can't agree with people accusing him of sulking and not wanting to be here.

Yep the same lack of quality that saw him score 17, not sure the lack of quality can be blamed from his own inept displays, more so that he still did flourish under CS mini revival 

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy is our best and most important player, not Mahrez. Have you see our depressing style of play? We wouldn't score goals if Vardy wasn't leading that line so we could play that same ball to him.

Have you seen how hard working Spurs players are? Did you see how many times Kane worked and worked to win balls back, occasionally on the half way line. Kane, Son, Alli all have ability but are all hardworking and that's my point.

I'm not asking Mahrez to run around like Hume. No. But I do expect him to work harder than he currently is doing. He is easy pushed off the ball, he doesn't look bothered and whenever an opposition player leaves one on him that's Mahrez done for the game. Messi glides with the ball but he's not easily knocked off it.

I know right, that work rate surly helped them win the leagu....oh wait! They didn't, but Leicester with "lazy" riyad did (and he even won poty.... Ain't that something!)

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

I know right, that work rate surly helped them win the leagu....oh wait! They didn't, but Leicester with "lazy" riyad did (and he even won poty.... Ain't that something!)

It's a team game. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Yep the same lack of quality that saw him score 17, not sure the lack of quality can be blamed from his own inept displays, more so that he still did flourish under CS mini revival 

Are you now gonna tell me that vardy and riyad didn't put the team on their backs and dragged them to a title (offensively).

There is no one creating chances in the team (apart from some Marc moments)

How many times did you scream for a ball to riyad when he was alone in the right side but you remember that no one can pick an early pass and by the time it goes from Marc to fuchs to drinky to huth to wes to simo AND then and only then it gets to a doubled riyad with simo and drinky just sitting there and not helping,

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

When it's time to blame someone he gets singled out, but when its time to sing his praises, its a team sport!

No he isn't singled out, that's your imagination. King gets more criticism and he's seen the club through more tough times than Mahrez. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

No he isn't singled out, that's your imagination.

King gets more criticism and he's seen the club through more tough times than Mahrez. 

??? In a 1-6 defeat, he got the most hate, so how am I imaging things.

Deference is, everybody knows that kingy is a limited player, unlike riyad who has great potential and shown what he can do but he is held back because of the tactics.

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He's scored 10 and assisted 7 this season.

Yeah he's not been as good but he's hardly been as bad as people make out.

Archived