Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

58 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

He didn't show interest before he was sacked to be fair 

He and Slimani were the top scorers for the first half of the season before Ranieri was sacked. 

9 hours ago, Harry96 said:

How do you work that one out? Would be a replacement for pedro if it were to happen would have enough protection in system too to not defend as much as he does here.

The system only works because Pedro works so hard and tracks back allowing hazard to stay up field in a false 'position'. 

On this seasons form would we actually miss him, even since Shakey has took over he's been hit and miss in games.

For a guy who's meant to be a top class player, he's only created 40 chances this season while he has 2 assists, compare that to Albrighton who's created 35 chances, has six assists and played three less games.

On his day he is fvcking brilliant but this season he has been more frustrating than he has brilliant, don't think he has the consistency to play for a top club in Europe personally.

You guys need to listen to peps post match presser to understand how important a player with Riyad's abilities are to us. We are, apparently, very complicated to play against. 

Without riyad, we become less of a worry. is there another Riyad out there? If there is, how much? 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You guys need to listen to peps post match presser to understand how important a player with Riyad's abilities are to us. We are, apparently, very complicated to play against. 

Without riyad, we become less of a worry. is there another Riyad out there? If there is, how much? 

Post-match interviews are filled with platitudes and make-believe statements. They mean next to nothing, it's all a show for the cameras and because they are obliged to give interviews (even if they hate it with a passion, like Guardiola does).

No clue why you believe Guardiola, a master of verbal disguise, after a game Manchester City won rather comfortably (apart from a bit more resistance from us in the second half).

Looking at the comments he made to slim before the match didn't reflect well on him either. 

Compare that to kasper who could also be on his way out but his passion for the cause yesterday was second to none. Was angry after the game and saluted the fans. Even his interview was like his reaction to atletico away. 

We'll all be disappointed of kasper goes but no one will think any less of him for leaving. If anything he's enhanced his reputation here even more the last 3 months. Mahrez looks to be counting down the days. 

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Post-match interviews are filled with platitudes and make-believe statements. They mean next to nothing, it's all a show for the cameras and because they are obliged to give interviews (even if they hate it with a passion, like Guardiola does).

No clue why you believe Guardiola, a master of verbal disguise, after a game Manchester City won rather comfortably (apart from a bit more resistance from us in the second half).

He made sense with his comments - granted their second half was poor but no one can easily explain why our style is so difficult to play against. It's a jigsaw puzzle but it relies on us having the right pieces available 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was at the game, Man City didn't do a fat lot in the 2nd half. They most certainly did not win easily.

Well, if they hadn't been so wasteful in the first half, we would have had little to complain about being 3-0 or 4-0 down...

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, if they hadn't been so wasteful in the first half, we would have had little to complain about being 3-0 or 4-0 down...

But they were, and no team scores from every attack. Let's ignore what actually did happen.

21 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Looking at the comments he made to slim before the match didn't reflect well on him either. 

Compare that to kasper who could also be on his way out but his passion for the cause yesterday was second to none. Was angry after the game and saluted the fans. Even his interview was like his reaction to atletico away. 

We'll all be disappointed of kasper goes but no one will think any less of him for leaving. If anything he's enhanced his reputation here even more the last 3 months. Mahrez looks to be counting down the days. 

Spot on.

Look Mahrez is one of the best players i've seen play for Leicester and I feel bad slagging him off, tbh some call it slagging him off, I'd call it constructive criticism, I have valid reasons for wanting him dropped (Certainly earlier in the season), he's underperformed and no player is exempt from criticism, if they're poor i'll make it known and have a moan, if they're good i'll praise them, I always have, no matter what player it is and am always happy to be proved wrong.

He's been poor more than he's been good this season and there is no getting away from it, his body language makes him come across as lazy and disinterested, same as Slimani, they can't help that, that is how they are, laid back and relaxed, but when they are underperforming it's an easy thing to throw at them.

In recent weeks, months, this season, there is a massive arguement to be made he hasn't wanted to be here, his comments in his interview yesterday that 'at one point last summer he wanted to leave' make you wonder if that's been his mindset all season - Personally if I had that mindset i'd be thinking 'Right, let's have another real good season and get myself in at a big club'...as I keep saying, the way he's played this season I can't see what big club would want him, not as a starter and not at the price we should be demanding for him.

Mahrez needs to get his head right (Bit late) or the sooner he leaves the better, for him and the club, I don't say that in a way that I want him to leave, of course I don't, as i've said he's one of the best players i've seen at Leicester, but I say it in a way that memories of him (Football fans have short memories, and all those cliches), opinions of him are being tarnished.

I'm not sure other people will read and agree with what i've put, i'm not really sure it's came out right and might get misinterpreted, it wouldn't be the first time, oh well, take it how you take it.

Wenger may decide to come after Mahrez but he is under contract with us not needing to sell, so we can set the price and we should play hardball.

If any team wants him they will have to pay or walk away.

If we are weak on this and have another poor summer in regards to strengthening the team, because last summer was not the best in my opinion, then we will never get to where we want to be and eventually drop down again.

On 2017-5-9 at 16:53, themightyfin said:

Knockaert? To replace one of the best players ever to have worn our shirt?

Are you an ostrich?

Yes I am :P

I did say but he's not even half a Mahrez to be fair. I put him at 40% replacement of Mahrez so we'll need another player for the remaining 60%. 

On 2017-5-9 at 18:05, MPH said:

To me, that's an unrealistic replacement.... Not expecting someone as good as him but at least someone who can hold their own in the prem....

Yes I guess I would hope Knocky has improved what with winning player of the year last season and his PL performances will be on a much higher level than they were with us a few years back.

23 minutes ago, maddog said:

Yes I guess I would hope Knocky has improved what with winning player of the year last season and his PL performances will be on a much higher level than they were with us a few years back.

Lets hope so, for his sake, but im not sure how you can be so sure of that? " he'll do better this time" has no  foundation  to it nor can it be backed up as to why it should be taken as accurate.

Arsehole Winger will never pay the sort of money we 'should be' demanding, so I cannot see this as an option. Other Clubs -yes.

Got a point there Mozartfox ..... it wasn't so long ago when Wenger had a real chance with Suarez .. £40,000,000 release and he bid £40,000,001 ... Barcelona had a giggle and bought him for nearly twice the price. 84 goals from 96 games was Barcelona's return . Pretty sure Wenger ( quite rightly ) doesn't think Riyad  is as good as Suarez so would be surprised if he bid anywhere near the £40,000,000 mark.

22 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Got a point there Mozartfox ..... it wasn't so long ago when Wenger had a real chance with Suarez .. £40,000,000 release and he bid £40,000,001 ... Barcelona had a giggle and bought him for nearly twice the price. 84 goals from 96 games was Barcelona's return . Pretty sure Wenger ( quite rightly ) doesn't think Riyad  is as good as Suarez so would be surprised if he bid anywhere near the £40,000,000 mark.

He won't be going Arsenal then, that's fine with me

Archived