Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

We've been playing with 10 men most of the season. If we replaced him with a hard worker who can create the odd chance then we'll have improved for next season.

That would be pretty depressing. We can't have two Albrightons and expect to score many. Vardy already feeds off scraps.

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

We've been playing with 10 men most of the season. If we replaced him with a hard worker who can create the odd chance then we'll have improved for next season.

This post is exactly why we don't deserve nice players like our Riyad. A hard worker who can create the odd chance, Jesus Christ lol

Only when he is gone will people understand how lucky we were to have a player like Mahrez play for us. Don't get me wrong he can be a frustration when things do not come off, but if it came off every time he tried something he would be a constant starter for Barca.

7 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Only when he is gone will people understand how lucky we were to have a player like Mahrez play for us. Don't get me wrong he can be a frustration when things do not come off, but if it came off every time he tried something he would be a constant starter for Barca.

Couldnt agree more, he is the best player i have seen in a Leicester shirt. He can change a game in a second, yes he can be frustrating but so can anyone else you only have to read about Ozil so much hatered for him for 'not putting a shift in' but these players are game changers.

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

We might not have another player with the technical skill and talent he had EVER AGAIN

I agree he's our most gifted ever player but that only goes so far when he's not performing. If he continues being a passenger we can't just keep saying "yeah but he had that one great season leave off". 

His laid back style of play gets him criticized by everyone, but the reality is he is a wonderfully skillful player with flair in abundance. I know he is very Frustrating but the way he can pick open a defence is something we will miss if he leaves. Im not saying he should stay, because if we get the right offer then we should sell but i for one will definatly miss him and wish him all the best for his future, people have short memories. He was one of the if not the most influential players in the best season in this clubs history. I agree with him getting the odd negative comment but people actually cant stand the bloke anymore, and it baffles me. 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

That would be pretty depressing. We can't have two Albrightons and expect to score many. Vardy already feeds off scraps.

Because Albrighton 6 assists this season and Mahrez 2?

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

He's not on the promotion for the shirt so id say he's gone 

**** we playing with 4 next season then? Oh and Kasper's on it but I won't read much into that either.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Or we could have two Albrighton's and sign a creative CAM?

- Our entire midfield would basically be box to box.

- Our two banks of four would be harder to break down.

- Our creative CAM/Vardy will have more freedom.

- IIRC Albrighton was either 1st or 2nd for created chances in the 15/16 season. Put him on the right and he'll create even more.

- Then on the bench we'll have Lawrence, Gray, Barnes & Okazaki who can all impact a game in different ways.

Mahrez is a technical genius of which we have no equal in our team. Constantly marked by 2/3 people, plays in a very static team.

He will thrive in any half decent team that wants to play football, we stifle him somewhat. 

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Isn't he quite high up in the stats for tackles made and tracking back. So no, I'm not having a laugh. 

Cant wait til we've lost one of our best ever players and we have a centre mid like Matt Oakley shoved out on the right hand side of midfield again

No

makes less than 1 tackle a game on average 0.9

Albrighton 1.5

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Because Albrighton 6 assists this season and Mahrez 2?

Albrighton also got 1 assist in the whoooole of 2016. He's upped his game no doubt (and we've finished better) but I'd rather us go for someone tricky. 

Or like @foxes21 says get a good CAM in and it could work. 

58 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Mahrez is a technical genius of which we have no equal in our team. Constantly marked by 2/3 people, plays in a very static team.

He will thrive in any half decent team that wants to play football, we stifle him somewhat. 

He could thrive in our team if we got ourselves sorted. 

He's brilliant and been absolutely superb for us. However, it's reached the end of the line; you can tell from his body language. Unless we invest very wisely and then he might believe we can pull something off. The right offer comes in, he's gone and should be applauded for being simply amazing for us. 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Yes, sure, we won the Premiership with him and he was next-to-nothing before he arrived here. Stifled - we've helped him become known the world over and to become PFA player of the year. 

42 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Albrighton is on another level to any other winger defensively mind I think

apart from 

G.Boyd (M.L.R) 2.4 tackles per game average

W.ZAHA  (AM(LR)) 2.2

A.TOWNSEND 2.2

PUNCHEON 2

C STUANI 1.5

MARKOVIC 1.5

Bolasie. 1.4

sane 1.4

walcot 1.4

but going back tour your original point/question no Mahrez is not high up the list for tackling or tracking back (distance covered)

If we bought a number 10 who was comfortable on the ball and could press, it would take pressure off Mahrez anyway and probably allow us to sell him.

I'm a bit fed up of seeing half arsed performances from him, when I know he's capable of better - would be non-plussed if we sold for 35-40m to a non English club.

Jesus, we're going to create so few chances when Mahrez is gone.

When we're off our game, disjointed and struggling to break teams down, his flair always creates the gaps.

Look forward to 0-0s and 0-1 losses at home to Burnley and West Brom next year. Jesus.

Look at Crystal Palace and you'll get the idea

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Jesus, we're going to create so few chances when Mahrez is gone.

When we're off our game, disjointed and struggling to break teams down, his flair always creates the gaps.

Look forward to 0-0s and 0-1 losses at home to Burnley and West Brom next year. Jesus.

Look at Crystal Palace and you'll get the idea

But he hasnt created much this season? how would it differ?

Its obvious that its time to go. I can't see the team changing to accommodate his set of skills so the best thing is for him to leave with a decent fee and be replaced by a player that fits the system more.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Its obvious that its time to go. I can't see the team changing to accommodate his set of skills so the best thing is for him to leave with a decent fee and be replaced by a player that fits the system more.

Surprisingly sensible

Archived