Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 05:41, Monsell1976 said:

The only talk of anyone interested was years ago, since then he's done well out of the club.

Your right, he's nowhere near the best player we ever had, nowhere near mahrez class, but the problem now is, he offers nothing, but will never move him on because of how long he's been here, and he will see his contract out, and will probably get another one to see his career out.

Why is it a problem?  

Loyalty displayed = loyalty earned

Hope he is on our books for years to come and as the next "Birch"

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Why is it a problem?  

Loyalty displayed = loyalty earned

Hope he is on our books for years to come and as the next "Birch"

Why, firstly as a player he should have the pride to want to play every week, and isn't a premier league player, so should drop down a division to play.

Secondly im guessing he's on about 30/40 grand a week, which could be used to strengthen the squad.

Face facts, he isn't good enough, and if the club wants to progress, it doesn't involved playing and keeping players of kings standard.

Yes he's been loyal, but let's not prentend the club haven't, he's had a cushy little number

I would rather give the likes of Barnes and Lawerence a chance to step up, so if they do, where does king fit in, as if they step up to the bench, he has no role at the club

10 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Unfortunately, I think we've seen the last of Mahrez. He truly is world class and most people will realise just how good he is when he leaves. It would be massive if he was to stay, but I just can't see it happening

He won't stay after the way the fans have treated him this year!

12 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Unfortunately, I think we've seen the last of Mahrez. He truly is world class and most people will realise just how good he is when he leaves. It would be massive if he was to stay, but I just can't see it happening

You sure, we will look back and realise how good he was in our title season, but he's been nothing but average this season, bar the odd glimpse in the CL and that was against Brugge, he has undoubted talent yes, but I still don't buy this whole he will look better in a better side, he's been double and triple marked at ties this season and been found wanting, that should free up others, yet he can't find a pass, instead comes inside runs into trouble and loses the ball. World class players escape from that or pick a pass.

As for World Class, so branded about far to easily, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Ramos etc, they are world class, Mahrez has shown it in patches.

That said obviously if his head and his heart were in it and he could find something close to the title winning season's form I'd love him to stay, but as they don't seem to be then I guess we have to hope that a few of the top clubs take a punt and start a bit of a bidding war, but I can't see it, hence the Monaco link, they don't spend big anymore, we need a Barca or a PSG to want him and I can't see they will, this season has taken the gloss of him.

If he went to Monaco I would be delighted for him. Regular Champions League football at a team that loves to attack.

I love Mahrez, yes he hasn't had the best of seasons but he set his standards so high after last year that once he started getting marked up by 2,3 even 4 players he was always going to struggle to adapt. Many fans this season have forgotten just how good he is and have quickly disregarded him because he hasn't repeated his efforts of last season.

I would be sad to see him go but I think we have seen the best of him, he was a massive reason for us winning the league, if and when he leaves the club he will leave with my blessing.

EDIT: Also I would like to see him go so I don't have to listen to the 2 twats behind me constantly slag him off. Saying that they will only jump onto the back of someone else. My bet is on Gray

If he goes, I wish him all the very best.

Has under-performed this season, and not sure whether his attitude was there as well at times, but his trickery, assists and occasional b great goals will always be remembered.

Would be a bit strange as just a year ago he said he wouldn't go to PSG as the league is poor, maybe he has changed his mind after a tough season in the prem. Either way would expect him to favour PSG over Monaco given he is from there.

Someone described mahrez as world class some are seriously deluded.

Probably one of the most technically gifted players leicester will ever have, world class though, STFU.

He doesn't want to be here he'll be gone and I'm sure will see the best of him again.

it's annoying that we will probably sell him for a lot less than we all think he is worth like we did with Kante!. yes he is the most technically gifted player we have ever had and he can be a world beater on his day and his touches and swerves can mesmerize opposition players and fans. the fans get frustrated with him because they know what he can do and what he is capable of and what he can achieve. if he goes abroad he will get so much more freedom to play football than he does in the Premier league. asking a flair player to help defend is like asking Michelangelo to paint your garden fence or Beethoven to play Karaoke, they lose what they are good at for the supposed benefit of the team!.

33 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Probably one of the most technically gifted players leicester will ever have, world class though, STFU.

He doesn't want to be here he'll be gone and I'm sure will see the best of him again.

Agreed.

Some people don't consider Sanchez or Hazard as world class so I'm not sure how mahrez can be lol

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

Mahrez the 7th best payer in the  world 2016

Mahrez realised that play as  a  world class if you have  besides okazaki  and  albrighton ( players who dosent  know  what controlling a  ball is )   Im not  sure mahrez will return to  french league but may be arsenal man city liverpool  or  tottentham  are  the  most  contenders which saw  him  far enough from these  two  players

One of the things that really grates on me is that this season he has been doubled up on so much because he us our best creative threat on the ball but it rarely gets talked about. When he is one on one he is lethal, but this season he has been allowed these opportunities far, far less and that is one is one of the biggest reasons he hasn't done as much as last year.

And as for his attitude, well it has never changed. He has a very nonchalant attitude generally, it doesn't mean he doesn't care.

If he goes to a team where there is someone like him on both wings he will thrive and those wanting him out will be watching on at home crywvnking. 

1 hour ago, Almo-Fox said:

Mahrez the 7th best payer in the  world 2016

Mahrez realised that play as  a  world class if you have  besides okazaki  and  albrighton ( players who dosent  know  what controlling a  ball is )   Im not  sure mahrez will return to  french league but may be arsenal man city liverpool  or  tottentham  are  the  most  contenders which saw  him  far enough from these  two  players

very positive contribution to the debate

7 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Not once have I come across someone who doesn't consider Hazard or Sanchez world class

Plenty of pundits have stated on TV that they do not believe they are.

That we don't have any truly world class players in the premier league

58 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Plenty of pundits have stated on TV that they do not believe they are.

That we don't have any truly world class players in the premier league

How many pundits do you listen to?!? 

Im surprised how far off the mark most of them are. They are a joke! 

Mahrez is one of the best players, in his position in the world. Hazard, Sanchez, Kante, Luiz, Kane, Ali, etc all all! Play to their strengths! 

Archived