Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Depressing ain't it?

Mahrez is our best player by a million miles. We need to learn to accommodate a talent like him in our side. Getting him to defend on the right hand side of midfield in a 4-4-2 isn't the way forward. We've been way too defensive this season (difficult not to when we don't have anyone, bar Mahrez, who can actually play decent football and we don't have Kante to cover that).

We need to have a bit of a rethink. If we can convince Mahrez to stay then perfect but I wouldn't mind seeing us buy a few players who can actually hold onto the ball a bit better in order to give Mahrez the room he deserves and needs.

Mahrez in a side like Spurs, Arsenal or Man City (all three clubs would love to sign him) would be utterly ridiculous.

On his day he is our best player but how often has he showed it this season? About 1 in every 5 games. 

We accomdate him just fine, we accommodated him last season in the same position and same formation, we lost 5-2 to Arsenal then he got dropped because he was lazy, Ranieri started playing him again, he bucked up his ideas and on he defensive side of things he dramatically improved. Yes this season has been a different story in terms of having to defend more but where's the effort he showed from last season, for the majority of this season he has been incredibly lazy.

As for going forward Riyad gives the ball away just as much as others, he creates his own space but most of the time he runs into a cul-de-sac and loses the ball. He tries to do too much, that's why fans get frustrated.

If he showed laziness in a team like Spurs or Man City he'd get dropped in an instant.

Those making comparisons to Spurs players and saying he wouldn't be accepted by them ask yourself why they made bid on January deadline day for around £20 million. That's what happened and we turned it down but Spurs could sense a bargain. 

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Those making comparisons to Spurs players and saying he wouldn't be accepted by them ask yourself why they made bid on January deadline day for around £20 million. That's what happened and we turned it down but Spurs could sense a bargain. 

£20m?lol they spent £30m on Sissoko Ffs 

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

£20m?lol they spent £30m on Sissoko Ffs 

Yep, thought they could sneak a deal given where we were in the table during January and hoped Mahrez might fancy it (hoping he kicked his toys out the pram). 

If I was mahrez and read the forum, and thought that's what all city fans thought, I'd say **** the loyality, when the world of football rate's me highly enough to pay 40 million, but the city fans think I'm shit.

He would excel at a bigger club, because he's right in his interview, that teams set up to mark him out of the game, because of his threat, but he is a star player in a good team, but in a team full of stars, they couldn't set up just to stop him.

37 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

If I was mahrez and read the forum, and thought that's what all city fans thought, I'd say **** the loyality, when the world of football rate's me highly enough to pay 40 million, but the city fans think I'm shit.

He would excel at a bigger club, because he's right in his interview, that teams set up to mark him out of the game, because of his threat, but he is a star player in a good team, but in a team full of stars, they couldn't set up just to stop him.

Yeah I agree, it would help him, if we had more attacking threat. Sit deep and double up on mahrez pretty much kills our attacks.

Still don't get the lazy tag. He is expected to regularly get much further forward than abrighton and then to help out Simpson. Maybe I'm not watching the same game as the rest of you. 

Does anyone have the distance covered and sprints stats for him compared to Marc ?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Still don't get the lazy tag. He is expected to regularly get much further forward than abrighton and then to help out Simpson. Maybe I'm not watching the same game as the rest of you. 

Does anyone have the distance covered and sprints stats for him compared to Marc ?

I just think it's because he gets knocked off the ball so easily& his 'I don't really care attitude' 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I just think it's because he gets knocked off the ball so easily& his 'I don't really care attitude' 

Reckon He is barely 11 stone - what do you expect ??

As for his 'I don't care attitude' - that's a very Gallic thing and isnt necessarily the truth. Infact I'm sure he really does care.

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Foxestalk when all we had was hard working players and were an average middle of the Championship club - "I wish we had someone with a bit of flair who could beat a man and score goals)

Foxestalk now.

Depressing ain't it?

Mahrez is our best player by a million miles. We need to learn to accommodate a talent like him in our side. Getting him to defend on the right hand side of midfield in a 4-4-2 isn't the way forward. We've been way too defensive this season (difficult not to when we don't have anyone, bar Mahrez, who can actually play decent football and we don't have Kante to cover that).

We need to have a bit of a rethink. If we can convince Mahrez to stay then perfect but I wouldn't mind seeing us buy a few players who can actually hold onto the ball a bit better in order to give Mahrez the room he deserves and needs.

Mahrez in a side like Spurs, Arsenal or Man City (all three clubs would love to sign him) would be utterly ridiculous.

Trouble is he's not been showing much fight this season has he ? All Leicester fans expect from a player is at least to give it their best  regardless of ability for the team and the club. So what has changed so much for him in the blink of an eye from last season to this ? I suspect the billy big bollocks syndrome is to blame. I've hardly seen any skills or goals the likes of what he was showing last year with virtually the same team. If he wants out then good we don't want another half arsed season like this one if he stays. 

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Trouble is he's not been showing much fight this season has he ? All Leicester fans expect from a player is at least to give it their best  regardless of ability for the team and the club. So what has changed so much for him in the blink of an eye from last season to this ? I suspect the billy big bollocks syndrome is to blame. I've hardly seen any skills or goals the likes of what he was showing last year with virtually the same team. If he wants out then good we don't want another half arsed season like this one if he stays. 

Every side we've played has put 2/3 men on him.

He's booted out of games and the service to him is often shite.

No ****ing wonder he's pissed off. He can't do it all on his own. We desperately need players who can actually play with the ball at their feet.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Every side we've played has put 2/3 men on him.

He's booted out of games and the service to him is often shite.

No ****ing wonder he's pissed off. He can't do it all on his own. We desperately need players who can actually play with the ball at their feet.

How many times have we seen him try to take on too many and lose the ball ? how about he starts to pass when he has two players on him ? and for a supposed midfielder he hardly ever tracks back and defends. He has the ability but this season his whole attitude has been one of can't be fvcking bothered.

5 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

How many times have we seen him try to take on too many and lose the ball ? how about he starts to pass when he has two players on him ? and for a supposed midfielder he hardly ever tracks back and defends. He has the ability but this season his whole attitude has been one of can't be fvcking bothered.

We don't deserve him if that's how fans think.

Lets go back to the days of everyone working hard but nobody having an ounce of quality or flair shall we? Would that be better?

Everyone needs a scapegoat on this forum. When we were doing well nobody was arsed that Mahrez doesn't tackle or look "****ing bothered". Mahrez has never tracked back. He's never looked like he cares. Why do you suddenly point that out?

I find it funny that people on here refuse to level the same criticism at Gray. He never looks like he's arsed and he never tracks back.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We don't deserve him if that's how fans think.

Lets go back to the days of everyone working hard but nobody having an ounce of quality or flair shall we? Would that be better?

Everyone needs a scapegoat on this forum. When we were doing well nobody was arsed that Mahrez doesn't tackle or look "****ing bothered". Mahrez has never tracked back. He's never looked like he cares. Why do you suddenly point that out?

I find it funny that people on here refuse to level the same criticism at Gray. He never looks like he's arsed and he never tracks back.

Gray also has infinitely less quality.

Thursday night, before we lost the plot, Mahrez almost put in assist of the season.

Melted through about fifty* Spurs players before slotting a ridiculous through ball to Vardy who should have scored.

Never in a million years is Gray doing that.

(*approximately)

If he goes, he does need to be replaced. Gray is a good player but there is no one in this squad with the X factor to cut open teams the way he does. If he stays, the summer recruitment needs to ensure players are brought in to aid him so no opposition has he luxury of pulling two men on him at one time. 

Archived