Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

14 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

That's poor by Mahrez.

Why is he talking about chelsea before 90mins before a game in the tunnel? Very poor.

Exactly - it's trolling Man City by walking into their stadium and stating that Chelsea are champions - a proper club. there is no other explanation. Why are we being offended by something intended to offend our opposition?? 

20 hours ago, MPH said:

Bit naive there, my friend. If he wants to go he will be gone... and teams will not offer top money for someone who wants out  and a player who does not want to be here could be bad for morale and  will only drop in value along with his performances as time goes on..  

if he was indeed told by Ranieri that he could go at the end of this season then it could be catastrophic to go back on that pledge...

Perhaps as well you're not our manager. The players would have you over in no time. If Ranieri made a promise then he's no longer in a position to keep it and it may well be nothing to do with Shakespeare at all - or even the owners, for that matter.

That doesn't mean I'd necessarily ignore such a promise if a fair offer was made but either way I'd expect the lad to give his best on the pitch and at the training ground, just as he'd expect to be paid, managed and treated properly.

There are two fundamentals with transfers. What the club wants and what the player wants. The trick is finding the right balance at the right time and, hopefully, in the right way. Shakespeare has a career to think of as well as Mahrez.   

For all the people that constantly blow smoke up Mahrez arse and say how good he is on here and say how much we will miss him when he goes,

For the season on whoscored.com he is rated the 115th best player in the league with with a total score of 6.91 from 31 starts and 3 sub appearances 

I've been massively disappointed in Mahrez this season.

Although he's scored vital goals against Hull and Watford, he's been off it for far too much of the season.

I wouldn't be looking to sell though unless it's for crazy money and my preference is to sell him to a team on the continent.

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

For all the people that constantly blow smoke up Mahrez arse and say how good he is on here and say how much we will miss him when he goes,

For the season on whoscored.com he is rated the 115th best player in the league with with a total score of 6.91 from 31 starts and 3 sub appearances 

Exactly the same post that you just wrote on the Mahrez value thread on the Leicester forum.

You must really hate him...

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Perhaps as well you're not our manager. The players would have you over in no time. If Ranieri made a promise then he's no longer in a position to keep it and it may well be nothing to do with Shakespeare at all - or even the owners, for that matter.

That doesn't mean I'd necessarily ignore such a promise if a fair offer was made but either way I'd expect the lad to give his best on the pitch and at the training ground, just as he'd expect to be paid, managed and treated properly.

There are two fundamentals with transfers. What the club wants and what the player wants. The trick is finding the right balance at the right time and, hopefully, in the right way. Shakespeare has a career to think of as well as Mahrez.   

lol

Very naive of you.

if we potentially had a very unhappy player on our hands then no one is a winner. We have someone who is unhappy... people who are unhappy in a job RARELY do their best. no matter what the job is... we then have an under performing asset that will be earning high wages and will be dropping in value... that could harm our own chances as we need all  eleven players pulling their weight in a game...

its not rocket science and it's not the 80s any more.. if he genuinely wants out then he'll be gone.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Probably because he was an integral part of of league winning season, who gives a fcuk if he's 115th or whatever, we know what he can do, I would rather keep him, we will definately miss him when he's gone, we may think Gray will replace him but in reality he's not yet at the same level. 

I dont know what point you are trying to prove? But nothing will take away the fact he was PFA player of the year in our title winning season and for me he will always be one of the greats, if not the greatest attacking player to ever play for Leicester City 

Found that video clip rather awkward, for all parties, to be fair.

Perhaps it's a strong indication that Chelsea are very keen on him and also Mahrez obviously wants to be at a top (1st-2nd placed club) to play further European football.

Just smells of disrespect towards his current employers that have developed him into one of the most talented wingers in the world.

15 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Probably because he was an integral part of of league winning season, who gives a fcuk if he's 115th or whatever, we know what he can do, I would rather keep him, we will definately miss him when he's gone, we may think Gray will replace him but in reality he's not yet at the same level. 

I dont know what point you are trying to prove? But nothing will take away the fact he was PFA player of the year in our title winning season and for me he will always be one of the greats, if not the greatest attacking player to ever play for Leicester City 

AS in  the form this season, 1 assist and 1 goal from open play on average every 10 games. 

im not talking about what he achieved im talking about what he has produced this season

21 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

AS in  the form this season, 1 assist and 1 goal from open play on average every 10 games. 

im not talking about what he achieved im talking about what he has produced this season

So given the option to keep or sell for a measly fee (considering today's financial climate) you would sell?

54 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Found that video clip rather awkward, for all parties, to be fair.

Perhaps it's a strong indication that Chelsea are very keen on him and also Mahrez obviously wants to be at a top (1st-2nd placed club) to play further European football.

Just smells of disrespect towards his current employers that have developed him into one of the most talented wingers in the world.

He dosent fit their system though? 

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I loved having Mahrez but after seeing that video it appears that he never really wanted to be here and that has showed in his performances, it's best for all parties to sell!

That's not true. He could've easily left last season but decided to have another go on the Leicester fairytale. But you can tell, after Ranieri was sacked, he lost all interest. 

He's as good as gone in my opinion. If he would have left last season I would have been seriously concerned about how we would cope without him. But now I think if we can get the right price for him then I think we will be fine without him and I hope we can send him off with our best wishes.... hopefully not to a premier league club though! He is entering his prime years now so I can see why he wants to have Champions League football. It's a shame but that is how football is nowadays - players do their job for their team without necessarily having a strict loyalty. He's not a snake for leaving, he's doing what is best for himself. Let's be grateful for being able to witness such a player play for our club - it wasn't long ago we had the likes of Ben Marshall and Paul Gallagher on our flanks! Goodbye Riyad and thanks for all the memories <3

6 minutes ago, Redouane said:

That's not true. He could've easily left last season but decided to have another go on the Leicester fairytale. But you can tell, after Ranieri was sacked, he lost all interest. 

He lost interest in the summer when his head was turned, sadly. This isn't the first interview where he hinted that he wanted to leave.

Massive fan of Riyad, I'm sure he hasn't deliberately chosen to play below his ability all season, but there is something there subconsciously affecting him now that can never be fixed as long as he plays for us. He can still turn it on when he's motivated, like in the CL or when he sees Gray preparing to come on for him. But there is no longer any motivation for him here. He's obviously thought about it loads and makes reasonable points in the Sky interview. Let him go, try our very best to replace him, and see how it goes.

It won't make up for him leaving, but two small positives from it would be Albrighton being able to play RW, and someone else being able to take penalties.

55 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He dosent fit their system though? 

How do you work that one out? Would be a replacement for pedro if it were to happen would have enough protection in system too to not defend as much as he does here.

8 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ukraine/Russian league players don't tend to adapt well to the premier league 

Willian? Arshavin?

Sure there have been others come from Shakhtar too. Could be wrong.

He looks a very good player though. I was saying it 12 months ago too.

Amazing player who has achieved so much with us but I won't be devastated to see him go personally. He could've gone last season but decided to give us another year so as far as I'm concerned he doesn't owe us any more. Need players now hungry to play for Leicester that don't see us a stepping stone. Hope we get a fair price for him though

All the best Riyad 

8 hours ago, Redouane said:

He didn't show interest before he was sacked to be fair 

I'd love to see Riyad stay for one more season, but wouldn't begrudge him if he went to a real Champions league contender. Like others have said, it sounds like he gave us another year when he could have gone last season and we fuc** it up with our terrible transfer dealings. More than last summer, I think this is going to be a real pivotal summer. The club still has some glow from winning the premier league and that amazing Champions League run. We really need to kick on and be in the hunt for top 4 next season to take advantage of the incredible achievements of last 24 months. I'm worried if we don't, then we'll have lost any short term chance of making us challengers at the top table for a while. The club will have no excuse in my book if they haven't already factored in losing Mahrez in their transfer hunt and they should do what it takes to get 2-3 players in that will help bump us up from mid-table to top 4 contenders. I think Everton are a good case in point, they had a shocking season last year, but they got the right players in and stuck to the way they play best. Let's not d**k around this summer with Riyad, set a deadline of the middle of Juen for the top players to commit or agree to sell to the highest bidder so that we can bid for the right quality replacements. Can't get some of the negative personal comments about Riyad because he's only being honest. If he was surrounded by better quality players, it would take the pressure off him both on and off the pitch, what's to argue about that? I still think if we line up Gilfi and a couple of other class players, he might decide to stay one more year.

As good as he has been for us this season he has been a letdown. He wanted out last summer but Champions League is the only reason he stayed.

He showed in patches after the Okazaki goal but I had little confidence in him scoring the penalty yesterday

I wonder how good a player he is. Vardy was pillored around Christmas for his lack of form but he's been immense since Liverpool. Mahrez hasnt shown that kind of improvement. I'd prefer him to stay but Mahrez might not be as good as last year would suggest.

A move to PSG would be be ideal for him. Monaco and Nice there to challenge and Champions League to boot.

43 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

If Chelsea come knocking again it would be interesting if we do a player and cash for one of there youngsters . Not that I want Mahrez to go in the first place but it might soften the blow.

They have a little fella in midfield I would take ...............

Archived