Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I think he would come here if the deal was right. I think he would be excellent for us. Not sure I'd pay the £25 million though, possibly £15 million and Musa. 

Hes worth £25m, easy! I'd pay up to £38m tbf

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I think he would come here if the deal was right. I think he would be excellent for us. Not sure I'd pay the £25 million though, possibly £15 million and Musa. 

He's a player in high demand with a lot of clubs.  15mn won't come close and no one wants Musa.

7 hours ago, murphy said:

He's a player in high demand with a lot of clubs.  15mn won't come close and no one wants Musa.

His old club would but we'd have to take a loss on him tho as can't see them giving us what we paid for him!!?

As for Gylfi Siggurdson yes please just what we need !!

9 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

In you opinion, not mine. If we can wheel and deal all the better. 

Preferable as it is, sadly I think the days of wheeling and dealing for a premier league player with more than a year left on his contract have passed. The only way this would get done for less than £30m is if the player throws his toys out of the pram and strikes. Sigurdsson doesn't seem the type to do an Ulloa.

He won't come here.

We can't really afford to be paying £35m for players now we're amongst the also rans again. Sigurdsson won't be throwing his toys out the prams to join Leicester either.

We need to get back to our previous Modus Operandi of buying up and coming players rather than target expensive finished articles like Sigurdsson. We should be targetting the best players from the other European clubs that can't refuse our money, players like Ndidi being a perfect example.

The only caveat to that is if Mahrez and Schmeichel genuinely want to stay and Sigurdsson can be convinced that we're a top team that lost our way this season.

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He won't come here.

We can't really afford to be paying £35m for players now we're amongst the also rans again. Sigurdsson won't be throwing his toys out the prams to join Leicester either.

We need to get back to our previous Modus Operandi of buying up and coming players rather than target expensive finished articles like Sigurdsson. We should be targetting the best players from the other European clubs that can't refuse our money, players like Ndidi being a perfect example.

The only caveat to that is if Mahrez and Schmeichel genuinely want to stay and Sigurdsson can be convinced that we're a top team that lost our way this season.

& Barkley and Lukaku leave everton

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

He won't come here.

Spot on.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

He won't come here.

I can't believe you've said that. We must have Transfer funds of 200 million before the Owners put their hands into their pockets.

We need to add real quality to the squad. Now I know you don't need to spend a fortune to add quality there are more Vardy's etc out there. Trouble is we don't have time to develop them in the short term. We need to hit the ground running by signing quality like Gylfi etc.

We should be able to sign 4 or 5 top players for 100 to 120 million who can go straight into the Team and make a real improvement.

Then recover some money from the sale of others.  Either way the money is not the issue. It's the ability of our backroom staff to sign the quality needed.

And based on last years efforts I'm not so sure.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I can't believe you've said that. We must have Transfer funds of 200 million before the Owners put their hands into their pockets.

We need to add real quality to the squad. Now I know you don't need to spend a fortune to add quality there are more Vardy's etc out there. Trouble is we don't have time to develop them in the short term. We need to hit the ground running by signing quality like Gylfi etc.

We should be able to sign 4 or 5 top players for 100 to 120 million who can go straight into the Team and make a real improvement.

Then recover some money from the sale of others.  Either way the money is not the issue. It's the ability of our backroom staff to sign the quality needed.

And based on last years efforts I'm not so sure.

Money won't be 'the issue', but attracting the likes of Sigurdsson to Leicester over say Everton is nigh on impossible if both are offering similar financial packages.

Sigurdsson will be the hottest property for all those clubs below the top 6. We won't get him.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

He won't come here.

Palace paid £30m for benteke?

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Money won't be 'the issue', but attracting the likes of Sigurdsson to Leicester over say Everton is nigh on impossible if both are offering similar financial packages.

Sigurdsson will be the hottest property for all those clubs below the top 6. We won't get him.

granted he is hot property, But it all depends on who is doing the negotiating for us. Some can sell Snow to an Eskimo and others are just dreadful at selling.

There are others out there though. Lanzini who we tried to sign before could possibly be got from WH.

My point is there are lots of good players we just have to make sure we get the right one's even if it costs extra.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

granted he is hot property, But it all depends on who is doing the negotiating for us. Some can sell Snow to an Eskimo and others are just dreadful at selling.

There are others out there though. Lanzini who we tried to sign before could possibly be got from WH.

My point is there are lots of good players we just have to make sure we get the right one's even if it costs extra.

Lanzini would be a good shout. Were we in for him before?

Yes before he chose WH. we were linked with him. But he's also the type of Quality we need.

There out there we just need to get it done. Alternatively, We give Lawerence or Kaputska a run in the side to see if they can step up.

I know Mick McCarthy rates Lawerence highly and said he's definitely Prem player. So maybe that's an option.

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes before he chose WH. we were linked with him. But he's also the type of Quality we need.

There out there we just need to get it done. Alternatively, We give Lawerence or Kaputska a run in the side to see if they can step up.

I know Mick McCarthy rates Lawerence highly and said he's definitely Prem player. So maybe that's an option.

Would love to see us put some faith in Lawrence, and Harvey Barnes. Can't see it happening though. Kaputska must be showing that he is not ready in training.

If Shakey gets the job, and then came out with a statement saying that we are going with Lawrence and Okazaki in the no.10 role for next season, I'd respect that. But it doesn't seem to work like that. Too simple. Everyone's going to be clambering for a no.10 to be signed all summer.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

He won't come here.

Hurts, but very true...

TOP last sentence...

8 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Preferable as it is, sadly I think the days of wheeling and dealing for a premier league player with more than a year left on his contract have passed. The only way this would get done for less than £30m is if the player throws his toys out of the pram and strikes. Sigurdsson doesn't seem the type to do an Ulloa.

Very strange thing how if a player wants to come to us but the club won't sell, that's the end of the matter, but if one of ours wants to leave, there's nothing we can do. Can anyone explain?

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Very strange thing how if a player wants to come to us but the club won't sell, that's the end of the matter, but if one of ours wants to leave, there's nothing we can do. Can anyone explain?

Can't explain. But who the player that wants to come to us?

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

For example Silva last summer. Or Deeney, or Keane iirc.

Silva wanted to join, by all accounts, but Sporting couldn't sell us both him and Slimani.

Deeney never wanted to join us. He was given the chance, but Watford just gave him a better deal.

Keane could have joined us, but didn't want it bad enough to force a move out of Burnley. He knew bigger fish will come calling this summer.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Silva wanted to join, by all accounts, but Sporting couldn't sell us both him and Slimani.

Deeney never wanted to join us. He was given the chance, but Watford just gave him a better deal.

Keane could have joined us, but didn't want it bad enough to force a move out of Burnley. He knew bigger fish will come calling this summer.

There was also some defender who refused to leave africa after afcon and go back to his home club because he wanted to come to Leicester. In the end his club stood firm and he couldnt come

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Would love to see us put some faith in Lawrence, and Harvey Barnes. Can't see it happening though. Kaputska must be showing that he is not ready in training.

If Shakey gets the job, and then came out with a statement saying that we are going with Lawrence and Okazaki in the no.10 role for next season, I'd respect that. But it doesn't seem to work like that. Too simple. Everyone's going to be clambering for a no.10 to be signed all summer.

If we want to progress further we really need to replace Okazaki also. Other than nuisance value he offers nothing. 

Here's the problem  I don't think we have the scouting nuance to Identify the players never mind to sign them.

Example Liverpool picked Coutino from I think it was Barcelona's Youths. Now, look at him.

Dembele from Celtic looks a great prospect. Ability and Youth worth 25 million easily on current prices.

There out there you just have to know what you're looking for.

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If we want to progress further we really need to replace Okazaki also. Other than nuisance value he offers nothing. 

Here's the problem  I don't think we have the scouting nuance to Identify the players never mind to sign them.

Example Liverpool picked Coutino from I think it was Barcelona's Youths. Now, look at him.

Dembele from Celtic looks a great prospect. Ability and Youth worth 25 million easily on current prices.

There out there you just have to know what you're looking for.

They are out there. Wouldn't it be great to get paid to find these guys. Money for old rope. The amount of people out there, that have played champ manager, and in reality, it actually ain't that different. No excuses for not having good recruitment at your club. If it's one thing we've shown in recent times, it's the worth of having a great recruiting team. Need to go again and push on.

He won't come he's the massive fish in a small pond

He didn't make it at Spurs and came back to Wales

If Mahrez goes we have a better chance cos he will be the main man

But, he'll probably get better offers from others........... Pity

Archived