Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Okay flash pants, let's spend everything now!! Or we can grow steadily each season?? If last summer's spending revealed anything, throwing wads at the project isn't necessarily the best way.

But Gylfi is a proven premier league player, a good one. 

39 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Thing is that we're now the 16th wealthiest club in Europe. That's Europe, not England.

There is no reason at all why we can't turn ourselves into a club regularly in the top 8 and competing for honours. Southampton are already there and have achieved nothing compared to our achievements over the past two years, so I see little reason why we can't aspire to be one of England's biggest clubs. That title win needs to become more than a one off or footnote in history, there's no point doing what Forest or Blackburn have done and having nothing but memories as we're losing 2-0 at home to Burton in the Championship in 10 years' time.

That's exactly my own sentiments. We messed up so badly last Summer. Now we have a chance to fix it. We just need to make sure that whoever we bring in are proven first team players.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

That's exactly my own sentiments. We messed up so badly last Summer. Now we have a chance to fix it. We just need to make sure that whoever we bring in are proven first team players.

Milfy is proven, he is guaranteed to add quality.....spend the cash bitches

27 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He won't be going Arsenal either then? 

Let's be honest, as much as we all love a laugh at Arsenal, they're in the CL most years and they'll probably be top four again next season.

Everton is just a sideways move to a more prestigious but ultimately equally midtable club that actually won't pay him a great deal more, if more at all, than he's on here.

It's a non starter. I'll state as absolute fact he won't even consider going there unless he really has fallen out with someone at Leicester, enough to be desperate to leave, and no other club wants him.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Let's be honest, as much as we all love a laugh at Arsenal, they're in the CL most years and they'll probably be top four again next season.

Everton is just a sideways move to a more prestigious but ultimately equally midtable club that actually won't pay him a great deal more, if more at all, than he's on here.

It's a non starter. I'll state as absolute fact he won't even consider going there unless he really has fallen out with someone at Leicester, enough to be desperate to leave, and no other club wants him.

He will go to arse

13 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Okay flash pants, let's spend everything now!! Or we can grow steadily each season?? If last summer's spending revealed anything, throwing wads at the project isn't necessarily the best way.

We're past the stage of growing steadily. We won the League or hadn't you noticed. Now it's keep up with the big boys time. to do that we need to sign quality. It doesn't always require large sums of money as demonstrated with the signing of Kante and NDiddi. 

It's actually called Know How. Whether we have the know how at the Club now remains to be seen. We were foolish to let one of the best leave.

Sentiment plays no part in Business or Football.  It's time to move on the players that haven't worked out and replace them with real quality.

In nearly 60 years of following our great Club we've never had anything like 300 million in the Kitty. Yet I can remember us signing some of the top players of their time. players like Clark, Worthy and Weller. Why do you think we shouldn't be able to do it now.

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Thing is that we're now the 16th wealthiest club in Europe. That's Europe, not England.

There is no reason at all why we can't turn ourselves into a club regularly in the top 8 and competing for honours. Southampton are already there and have achieved nothing compared to our achievements over the past two years, so I see little reason why we can't aspire to be one of England's biggest clubs. That title win needs to become more than a one off or footnote in history, there's no point doing what Forest or Blackburn have done and having nothing but memories as we're losing 2-0 at home to Burton in the Championship in 10 years' time.

The assessment was made by KPMG, using different factors:

The study looked at the finances of 39 clubs based on their popularity on social media channels, revenues for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons, and success in European competitions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/manchester-united-overtaks-real-madrid-europes-richest-club/

We're No. 16 on the KPMG list, but not truly the 16th wealthiest or richest club in the world.

Still, it's good to know we're doing so well. Could do with a couple of more trophies in the cabinet, though. :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even if Everton was in the Champions League he'd still wouldn't go there tbf lol

Presumably we would get a bit more for Mahrez than Sigurdsson would cost? Yet playing him in the Shinji role wirh Gray in the Mahrez role probably makes us fractionally better, overall, than last season. So in effect, we could strengthen for less money, in my view. Wages may negate that, but this is a signing I would go all out for. His quality on dead balls, alone, is a light-year ahead of anything we currently have. 

8 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Sigurdsson isn't a potential flop like a foreign league player that's never been here though.

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Presumably we would get a bit more for Mahrez than Sigurdsson would cost? Yet playing him in the Shinji role wirh Gray in the Mahrez role probably makes us fractionally better, overall, than last season. So in effect, we could strengthen for less money, in my view. Wages may negate that, but this is a signing I would go all out for. His quality on dead balls, alone, is a light-year ahead of anything we currently have. 

Huth could show him a thing or two about taking free kicks.. Look and learn Gylfi.. Look and learn!!! 

Archived