Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Now we're actually interested, we've got to get it done!

now u no how this goes we huff and we puff and in the end we dont get the player because we refuse to go that extra pound. just go in and sign him , sell 2-3 of the deadwood to cover the cost and move on.

On the back of our season in total and that we still haven't sorted out the manager position that he will come to Leicester

In fact how many will,  also Everton have Europe to look forward to.

It's a pity as he's a top player

6 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

On the back of our season in total and that we still haven't sorted out the manager position that he will come to Leicester

Agree.. 

We can't even act quickly to appoint a Manager!!.. Ffs,  how does that look to the likes of top targets such as Sigurdsson? 

Can't see him coming to us,  but hope I'm wrong. 

30 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

In theory I agree with this. But it's also plausible Sigurdsson could be convinced that we have a more sustainable long term plan to be challenging consistently for Europe with the likes of Everton and that we are capable of playing much closer to the 15/16 level than 16/17 level. He's been content at Swansea for long enough to suggest he'd evaluate all options so I think we have more of a chance of landing him than we are given credit for.

6 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

In theory I agree with this. But it's also plausible Sigurdsson could be convinced that we have a more sustainable long term plan to be challenging consistently for Europe with the likes of Everton and that we are capable of playing much closer to the 15/16 level than 16/17 level. He's been content at Swansea for long enough to suggest he'd evaluate all options so I think we have more of a chance of landing him than we are given credit for.

....and £120k a week isn't to be sniffed at. 

Think the main reason he'll choose us is if we pay him a bigger wage than anyone else is prepared to ? 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

....and £120k a week isn't to be sniffed at. 

Think the main reason he'll choose us is if we pay him a bigger wage than anyone else is prepared to ? 

That's helpful too but Sigurdsson never has struck me as a mercenary. We'll see what happens but I genuinely think if we really, really want Sigurdsson and really sell the vision to him and give a him great contract he'd be all ears.

G'won Vichai!

Give him his own helicopter!

His own racing stable!

Buy him a Belgian second division football club!

Just. Get. It. Done.

Please!

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

That's helpful too but Sigurdsson never has struck me as a mercenary. We'll see what happens but I genuinely think if we really, really want Sigurdsson and really sell the vision to him and give a him great contract he'd be all ears.

161144818.jpg

16 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If we sell Mahrez we won't get Gylfi. 

Looking at it the other way, maybe if we got Sigurdssen then Mahrez would stay. He could be so much more effective with a quality creator inside him to take off the pressure.

Siggy would be class, but it'll be a case of who can dish up the nicest package, and I think for £30m and silly wages, there'll be significant competition. We should certainly be looking for a player of his qualities, but cheaper elsewhere, as I don't necessarily think we'll be able to get it over the line should he even consider us.

30 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Looking at it the other way, maybe if we got Sigurdssen then Mahrez would stay. He could be so much more effective with a quality creator inside him to take off the pressure.

I agree, but if we sold Mahrez first I'm sure Gylfi would join Everton or just stay at Swansea. 

Archived