Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs Match Thread

Yeah, because people talking about the balance are really talking about a 3-5-2 with 3 full backs at CB, 3 wingers, a full back and one CM in midfield at two strikers up front. You don't half post some guff. Most are fine as back-up in their actual positions, not in this makeshift nonsense.

Disagree.

Plus we need to have enough depth and quality that we can change formations.

Lets be fair..Tonight you see the difference.A top 10 side, and a top 4 side in form.

Spurs have been top notch...

Even with our top playets, or A Shakespeare side with...a Huth, DDrinkwater, James, we would of been struggling..

Dont blame tonights players...they are coping well

We want to get into top 6, Shakespeare has been shown our player, and tactical downfalls....

ok shakeymate...sort it out for the summer turn around....

some fans should get off players backs, we sre what we are, but take you hate, and use to create round criticism.    Spurs something to look upto...

Shakey and city have to rebuild..

As bad as the result looks so far, lets face it, with Simpson, Huth, Morgan and Fuchs in the back four then 2 or 3 of these goals simply dont happen and we'd be more of a threat going forward because we'd be more assured at the back.  Reading anything into this game is crazy.  Yes the squad needs to bulk up a bit in terms of quality from the first eleven but its not like this has only just become common knowledge to us tonight because our makeshift team is getting a hiding off Spurs is it. 

Just now, Ted Maul said:

He'll be a cracking left wing back.

No he won't. His positional play is League One standard I'm afraid.

I really like his endeavour, but he runs around chasing the ball holder as if he's closing down defenders in the opponent's half.

He needlessly chased at full pelt leading up to their third goal which ultimately cost us.

His mistake for the fourth was comical.

Much better impact at the other end of the field.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You're one of the worst for it. Earlier today you were posting that Amartey is fine.

I have no idea what games you watch. None.

I posted saying he'd had a few good games (Porto and Man City at home), and is a relatively competent jack of all trades. That is true. Is he cut out to be first choice CM at this level? No - no-one is claiming that. 

I watch reality, you live in your own little bubble where people say what you want them to have said so you can make snarky remarks rather than what they've actually said, and where anything that goes against your snap judgement didn't happen. 

What's happened tonight is what has happened too often this season- we've barely laid a glove on the best sides. 3 goal defeats to Liverpool, tonight (probably) and to Man United and Chelsea twice and several of those with a near full strength team.

I know we'll finish in mid-table but it has been a below par season and too many defeats have been listless and limp.

Archived