Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

So if he comes and is crap we get to keep him. If we give him games, develop him and he becomes successful,  Man City can call him back at any transfer window and we would get just 10 million of any sell on profit? Are we really that desperate? Imagine the melt down on here, a 20+ goal a season man developed by us to replace a retiring Vardy and we're forced to sell him! Not for me thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

I see he is following musa, ndidi but more interestingly Fuchs on twitterIMG_0806.thumb.PNG.e5ef17285b87661a152ffb4d4ef17b44.PNG

Welcome to page 23 :giggle:

On 21/06/2017 at 23:30, RoyFox said:

Iheanacho followed Fuchs on his official twitter account this evening...:ph34r:

On 21/06/2017 at 23:30, Liamlcfc1 said:

He just followed Fuchs on Twitter 

On 21/06/2017 at 23:41, brucey said:

He didn't really though did he..

He is following Fuchs, but Fuchs' name is about 1/3 of the way down the page (which is sorted from most recent to oldest follow)

so unless he's gone and followed 200+ accounts this evening, he would have been following Fuchs for ages already.

The fine arts of Twitter stalking.. ;)

38 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

So if he comes and is crap we get to keep him. If we give him games, develop him and he becomes successful,  Man City can call him back at any transfer window and we would get just 10 million of any sell on profit? Are we really that desperate? Imagine the melt down on here, a 20+ goal a season man developed by us to replace a retiring Vardy and we're forced to sell him! Not for me thank you. 

Only if he puts in a transfer request and wants to go back there. He isn't on an elastic band ffs.

and we aren't spending 25 mill on someone we are going to 'develop' into a top striker. He has to be already pretty decent to command that kind of fee. 

My view on this is we should steer clear if buy back clause insisted upon. You only pay this sort of fee for a lad this age for huge potential, and that's nullified by the buy back clause. We get all the risk and then raped if it does or doesn't work. Also £10mil profit might sound a lot but in two years time (the way football transfer inflation is going) that might be breaking even at best. Fùck off Man City, you aren't Barcelona, you never will be. So shove this up your bum.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If he scores 20 + goals. They can buy him back for let's say £35m and then sell him for £50m making a tidy profit. 

Isnt that illegal now? Too many clubs in a season? We'd still be making £10 mill ourselves anyway if so!

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Only if he puts in a transfer request and wants to go back there. He isn't on an elastic band ffs.

and we aren't spending 25 mill on someone we are going to 'develop' into a top striker. He has to be already pretty decent to command that kind of fee. 

I don't pretend to know the facts but this is the quote from the Mercury if you know different feel free to enlighten me:

'This would mean Leicester would get a maximum of just £10m on top of any fee they pay and Man City could effectively recall the player during any transfer window'.

As for your second point, I'm well aware he's decent else we wouldn't be interested BUT, he won't get significantly better and develop as a player if he doesn't get to play games. He's not going to get those games at Man City because they already have at least two supposed better strikers and won't risk playing a semi developed player to their detriment. BUT, if we take the risk of playing him, hence helping him to develop as a player, amd just suppose its very successful, all seems pointless if his former club can just waltz in on a whim and profit from it at our expense. At least that's how I read it rightly or wrongly?

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Buy him (With a buyback clause), sell him to OH Leuven, buy him back from OH Leuven, the buyback clause void? :dunno:

Why would Iheanacho agree to that? He most likely wants the buyback clause to go straight to a big club if he performs well.

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How is a buy back clause any different tosigning somebody who turns out to be good, selling him to a top 6 side for a profit a couple of years later because he is too good for us!?

Yep, think you've just predicted N'Didi's future there?

8 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Why would Iheanacho agree to that? He most likely wants the buyback clause to go straight to a big club if he performs well.

WHOOOOSH!

And once again my sarcasm is wasted.

25 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How is a buy back clause any different tosigning somebody who turns out to be good, selling him to a top 6 side for a profit a couple of years later because he is too good for us!?

Because presumably if you'd originally paid 25m and two years worth of high wages, if he was that good you'd expect to make more than 10m profit.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Because presumably if you'd originally paid 25m and two years worth of high wages, if he was that good you'd expect to make more than 10m profit.

Are you forgetting though that unless its an academy product or a free transfer or a Mahrez type transfer (peanuts and we're going to luck out on him) that any player we sell for a profit will have been signed for us for a fairly decent fee in the first place?

13 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Are you forgetting though that unless its an academy product or a free transfer or a Mahrez type transfer (peanuts and we're going to luck out on him) that any player we sell for a profit will have been signed for us for a fairly decent fee in the first place?

No, and I think Marhez and perhaps even Kante, like you say are quite unusual. If we take Ndidi however, albeit we paid a decent amount for him and took a certain amount of risk, if he progresses in the direction he's currently going, if sold we'll make more than 10m on him in a couple of years. The other side of the risk coin would be I would suggest  Musa (Midas in reverse). Although a lesser risk, Iheanacho at 25m, it's still a lot for a club like ours to risk compared with Man City wealth anyway. So for me, that risk has to be mitigated by the potential of a substantial profit or we could end up losing potentially our star man with not enough money to replace him.

From a long term perspective, this deal is dead in the water. 

Just forget get and move on.

Why should we be bullied into developing players for Manchester City? 

The lad has bags of potentially and has been under-utilised by Pep Fraudiola. However, if he fulfills his potential, the way that transfer fees are spiralling, £35m is nothing. 

Add in the fact he'll disappear to the AFCON in January, which can I just state is a stupid bloody time to hold a football tourament. Then it's a no from me.

p.s I know it's due to the weather / excessive heat.

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Hardly obsessed with stats, just he isn't a great passer of the ball, isn't the most skillful player and is a great finisher who can break the line and get in behind well, don't see how anyone sees him as a number 10, he's never played there in his career so far 

I would sooner listen to Man City fans opinion s, rather than somebody who has probably never seen him play.

Archived