Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

They are having a laugh. £10mn premium to buy back at any window of their choosing is a one was we win option. If he is crap its £25mn in the bank, if he turns out good its pay £10mn to compensate another team for paying his wages and develop him into a proper player. Even if he became the best player on Earth, such a clause would guarantee all the benefit went Man Citys way.

Could understand a first refusal clause but buy back at a set small by EPL standards premium sucks as a potential deal.

19 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Must be a minimum time we can keep him .. can't see the contract saying they can buy him back next January otherwise might as well go for a short term loan. 

It can't work like that or its third party ownership

its a simple insurance policy Man City have for being able to buy him back for a set price if he wants to go back there. In my opinion, that would only happen if he is good for us. I would be happy for him to be good for us, even if it was only a season. 

PEP: 'Tell you what Kele, we're after better strikers than you pal so we're going to fvck you off. But Ex Champions Leicester are sniffing about so if you decide to up your game and score a shit loads of goals for em I promise I'll buy you back in a couple of years time. What do ya say kid? '

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We really shouldn't be worrying about a buy back clause. I'd be gutted if we didn't get him because we didn't want to put a buy back clause in the deal.

And then crucify Rudkin 18 months down the road?

Buy back is going to be more and more of a feature going forward.  The biggest teams invest in all the best talent and end up with too many players, so sell the fringe players but don't want to miss out on having the best players if they fulfill their potential.

There should be a minimum tenure before the buy back can be activated - 2 years as a minimum I would suggest.  Or perhaps, a one or two window option.

The sliding scale thing is an interesting thought, perhaps 400k per goal or something, so 20 goals would see an 8mil price hike.

Wasn't there some weird deal last summer in Spain where a player was playing for one team and was wanted by another.  Tjat team put in a crazy money bid, but one of the madrid teams had a buy back clause so they were trying to purchase the player back for about 20M under the offer from the original bidding team, just so they could do the business instead and sell to the interested club, making a big profit.  Definitely want to avoid that situation.

One thing I know for sure is our owners are intelligent men, they'll for sure have other intelligent people managing their affairs, in the end they'll surely get it right, that's what billionaires do, hence the billionaire title.

Look, I see it like this. He is amazing, scores 20+ goals and we get into Europe or better and make loads of dosh. He either then wants to leave to go back to City and not play anymore if they still have an amazing strike force, or he says eff that I luv lestoh and sticks around for another season and bags another 20, leading us to the league. At that point, they try and buy him again but we also have Riyad / Vardy mk 2 situation as mega clubs start sniffing. He then leaves to City and they then sell him on - that's crap, or he refuses them and we sell him for mega bucks, or he stays and we win back to back leagues. 

Worst case (if he is good), he bags a load, we improve our team for the year, he leaves and we get a loan from Man City and 10 mill in the bank. Our profile is also raised and we can go get a 30-40 mill striker or whatever. It's a loan with benefits! 

The question is, does he want to join and if so cool. Let's sign him and get him playing and see what happens. Not sure why so many people getting so hung up on but back! 

Chances of City coming back in for him given their spending power?! Slim. And if they do it'll mean he's done amazingly with us. 

Basically we we keep him or he turns world class and leaves. Which he would anyway. 

Get it it done 

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

Chances of City coming back in for him given their spending power?! Slim. And if they do it'll mean he's done amazingly with us. 

Basically we we keep him or he turns world class and leaves. Which he would anyway. 

Get it it done 

If he scores 20 + goals. They can buy him back for let's say £35m and then sell him for £50m making a tidy profit. 

12 minutes ago, sdb said:

Get it it done 

Plus pep will have been sacked? He doesn't rate him. Unlikely I think.

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If he scores 20 + goals. They can buy him back for let's say £35m and then sell him for £50m making a tidy profit. 

why would he do that? If he is worth 50 mill then he refuses to join them and goes to the club prepared to pay 50 million. they pay us 42.5m and pay him  a s/o fee of 7.5m. It's only if he wants to rejoin Man City that the 35m would come into play. 

4 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Or if someone else wants him, they offer man city £11m more and man city get a million squid for the pleasure of taking our star striker.

It stinks, but I'd probably still do it. 

There's no specific rules against doing that but it could be interpreted as third party interference.

If it ever got to that point, the Premier League would step in and Man City would cop a huge fine.  

Archived