Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 minute ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

As stated before if there is not a minimum of two seasons before the buy back deal can be invoked the whole deal is a complete waste of time

I'm almost certain there would be. Think Man City will try to make this deal look as less shady as possible as it seems a but of a grey area 

14 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Even if he has a great season they won't need him back iheanacho will never be as good as Jesus

Tbf, that's setting the bar insanely high..

Jesus.png.27b9d4572a3b17eba28c4d7e80da48eb.png

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

What are we dithering at, we buy for £25m and if he's mustard we get £40m back... nice £15m profit.

If he's not we get to keep him.

In 2 years, £40 million will be the new 25 millions. Everton would've said "oh well, we can sell them lukaku back for 50 and make some profit"

Now lukaku is valued at £60-70 or even £80 million

He's going to have to want to go back for this buy back clause to be activated... if he leaves us I'd imagine he's going to want first team football and. Or sit on the bench..if he turnes them down then  he's either ours or someone would have to pay more..

1 hour ago, Edingleyfox said:

Provided the release clause cannot be activated for at least 2 years I would agree to it as long as only Man City have the option and there is at least 10 million profit.May need to be some small print to stop Man City buying him back and selling him on immediately at a profit.If he scores 15 goals a season it will have been worth it to have a quality striker.

I'd say the opposite. Put in a buy back clause that lasts 12-18 months. If they don't want him more than jesus or aguero within that time we get to keep him. 

Just now, Hitesh said:

I believe this deal is close to being done! Got a good feeling about him, he's hungry and will want to prove a point to Man City for letting him go.

I hope you're right, but that's the same message I've been reading for days now. 

5 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

And what ???what I have stated is not breaking any law it's a loophole thats the difference hense why it goes on so much

I mean that Man City's solicitor will make sure the details of the contract prevents something like that happening. If you can think of it then I'm sure the best legal brains will 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Where is your free agent deal ???

Unlikely to happen, we have decided to go for other options apparently but that's all I know. I suspect the agent was waiting for other offers

Glad some of you aren't negotiating for us. Just agree to a buy-back clause? Why should we do that? If we buy him for £25m and he scores a hat full and they buy him back for just £10m more then that's pretty poor business. Especially if he's then worth £45m. Getting a deal done quickly doesn't automatically make it good business.

14 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Glad some of you aren't negotiating for us. Just agree to a buy-back clause? Why should we do that? If we buy him for £25m and he scores a hat full and they buy him back for just £10m more then that's pretty poor business. Especially if he's then worth £45m. Getting a deal done quickly doesn't automatically make it good business.

Depends how many other clubs are in for him and how badly he wants to come here paddy.

i really don't Understand why it matters what happens in a couple of years IF the player wants to return to Man City. We aren't buying him or make money - we are buying him to score goals.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about this. Surely if a buy back clause is put in, Iheanacho is happy to go on that basis, presumably he does well, City instigate the clause, then it's still in the players hands. If we as a club are showing him the love, he gets on and is playing well with our players, then it's up to him to go back or not isn't it?

Buy back clauses should be outlawed by the FA and the Premier league.  There's so many things wrong with it. It's elitist to begin with. But it never allows a player to properly settle in a new Club knowing that he could be hauled back at any window. It's effectively a loan situation with an extension.  What if both us and City were challenging for the title again and he's scoring well for us. They then call him back and we have to let him go. Would that be right on any front, know it wouldn't, which is why it should be outlawed.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Depends how many other clubs are in for him and how badly he wants to come here paddy.

i really don't Understand why it matters what happens in a couple of years IF the player wants to return to Man City. We aren't buying him or make money - we are buying him to score goals.

I agree with your first point SAF, if it gets him to choose LCFC ahead of other options then perhaps it's a price worth paying. I'm not saying we shouldn't agree to a buy back option at all, I'm just saying we shouldn't just accept the deal Man C are reportedly asking for- as some on here have suggested we do. I'm saying, if there is to be a buyout clause, then we need to get a deal that's going to reward us fittingly if his career takes off here. I think most would agree that if he does brilliantly here then a £10m profit isn't great at all. Just my opinion. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on your second point. Imho players are always commodities whether we like it or not. Yes, he'll be coming in primarily to score goals but you still have to look after the club from a business point of view too. I think we need to be wary of a scenario where Man C don't necessarily want him back as a player but they might want to buy him back and sell him on for a profit. I think we should at least try and do all we can to avoid that scenario.

If I was Kelechi I would easily choose us over West Ham.

I mean what have West Ham done over it last 10 years, they rent a stadium that is clearly to big for them which lacks atmosphere.

Yes they are in London but they are nowhere near being a big club, not like the Arsenal's, Chelsea & and newly resurgent Tottenham.

We are on the up with fantastic owners, plus you have the connection of Ndidi and Musa.

I feel this deal could swing in our favour and maybe further along than we think.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I agree with your first point SAF, if it gets him to choose LCFC ahead of other options then perhaps it's a price worth paying. I'm not saying we shouldn't agree to a buy back option at all, I'm just saying we shouldn't just accept the deal Man C are reportedly asking for- as some on here have suggested we do. I'm saying, if there is to be a buyout clause, then we need to get a deal that's going to reward us fittingly if his career takes off here. I think most would agree that if he does brilliantly here then a £10m profit isn't great at all. Just my opinion. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on your second point. Imho players are always commodities whether we like it or not. Yes, he'll be coming in primarily to score goals but you still have to look after the club from a business point of view too. I think we need to be wary of a scenario where Man C don't necessarily want him back as a player but they might want to buy him back and sell him on for a profit. I think we should at least try and do all we can to avoid that scenario.

If them selling him to make profit is all we are worried about we could add a clause we pay 5mil after 2 seasons or 40 goals. Or we just buy out any buyback clause. There are many ways to secure our position surely.

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

If I was Kelechi I would easily choose us over West Ham.

I mean what have West Ham done over it last 10 years, they rent a stadium that is clearly to big for them which lacks atmosphere.

Yes they are in London but they are nowhere near being a big club, not like the Arsenal's, Chelsea & and newly resurgent Tottenham.

We are on the up with fantastic owners, plus you have the connection of Ndidi and Musa.

I feel this deal could swing in our favour and maybe further along than we think.

Hope so

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

If them selling him to make profit is all we are worried about we could add a clause we pay 5mil after 2 seasons or 40 goals. Or we just buy out any buyback clause. There are many ways to secure our position surely.

Absolutely Belly, which was the point I was trying to make initially. We shouldn't just accept the deal but negotiate a deal whereby (as you say) we protect our own position a bit more. A release clause that can be annulled after a period of time is a good idea.

Archived